Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ricardo i am very happy for both of you, especially after that horrid interview. when's his arrival?

hello jomo's girl and furturemrs. since i've heard both of you (and jilly) refer to vj i thought i'd check it out. ohmygoodness this site was a confusing place when i first joined! there is soooo much information, and the terminology was strange. it is however a VERY helpful site and i'm so glad i'm here!

thanks for the tips jomo's girl. i won't worry too much about his diploma then. he doesn't seem too interested in going back to school. and i'll advise him to get 2 copies of his long form birth certificate. he sent me an original bc, but i hear that one is no longer valid.

now the thing that bothers me is his immunization record. we asked his mom if she knew where it was and she has no clue. boy i sure hope it turns up somewhere in the house!

a tip for anyone with an upcoming medical who will be "fasting from a certain kind of herb": i bought a home drug test kit from walmart and left it with him with instructions to use the kit prior to the medical exam to ensure that everyting will be criss. :thumbs: lol

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tia!!!

I didn't know you were here either! (Marsgirl76 -->Sarah)

How are you and how's it going?

And welcome!

:dance: :dance: Well Yardie family, we are done, for now. Ricardo has his VISA in his hand. It took almost exactly one year and a lot a tears, fears and aggravation. I would not have been able to get through it all without you. I thank all of your for your help, guidance, welll wishes, experiences and support. (L) (L)

Congratulations! I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. :thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ricardo i am very happy for both of you, especially after that horrid interview. when's his arrival?

hello jomo's girl and furturemrs. since i've heard both of you (and jilly) refer to vj i thought i'd check it out. ohmygoodness this site was a confusing place when i first joined! there is soooo much information, and the terminology was strange. it is however a VERY helpful site and i'm so glad i'm here!

thanks for the tips jomo's girl. i won't worry too much about his diploma then. he doesn't seem too interested in going back to school. and i'll advise him to get 2 copies of his long form birth certificate. he sent me an original bc, but i hear that one is no longer valid.

now the thing that bothers me is his immunization record. we asked his mom if she knew where it was and she has no clue. boy i sure hope it turns up somewhere in the house!

a tip for anyone with an upcoming medical who will be "fasting from a certain kind of herb": i bought a home drug test kit from walmart and left it with him with instructions to use the kit prior to the medical exam to ensure that everyting will be criss. :thumbs: lol

Destiny - Thanks! Even more important then the test is that he NEVER, EVER admits to EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE to smoking ganja. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Abbreviated Time Line

4/06 * Started the process with Vermont

6/06 * Get approved in US

8/06 * Found out from Embassy our package #3 is lost in the mail (one month),

Ricardo drives to Kingston to pick up duplicate (before you needed appointment to do so)

9/06 * Finally reach the embassy by phone and told- no date for interview until November

10/06 * Receive package and date for INTERVIEW November 9, 2006

11/06 * Ricardo waits too long to get police report -- we cant do our interview

12/06-1/29 *** We wait for our new interview date while the embassy moves and

re-organizes???

1/29/06 * NEW INTERVIEW DATE 2/27/07

Messed up the 156 Got turned away at first window, no interview

3/1/06 ** THIRD INTERVIEW DATE 3/27/07

3/27/07 !!!!!!!VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

4/10/07 * Ricardo picked up VISA at Montego Bay Airpack

4/22/07 ***Ricardo is here!! Pinch me so I know I am not dreaming!!!!!

7/6/07 ** We are married (waited almost full 90 days).

7/14/07 * Mailed out AOS

7/30/07 * Received NOA's for EAD and AOS dated 7/25/07 and Biometrics appt. 8/17/07

10/3/07 * Received EAD card in the mail dated 9/25

12/18/07 * Case transferred to California Service Center

03/07/08 * Received Welcome Letter

03/11/08 * GREEN CARD arrives in Mail (Done for two years)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good morning everyone! my word you all have been busy here this past week! it's gonna take me forever to catch up on my reading. i visited my fiance last week and brought him the big ol' fiance visa binder and another smaller one for his records. they were so heavy that it made my luggage overweight by 12 pounds. lol! we went over the book together and i had him sign all the consular forms. the only thing he still needs to get is the police record and his medical. i was hoping that we could both drive out to kingston to get the police record while i was there...but neither one of us had the extra money. and since he has to go to kingston to drop off the ds-230 anyways, he can just get the police record then. now everyone here is saying that the quickest you can get one is 3 days, but my fiance is saying that you can actually get one the same day. he says it costs more, but that a friend of his just did this and he got it the same day. we'll see....

some things that concern me: he threw away his high school diploma (he spilled something on it and thought he didn't need it anymore) and his mother has no idea where his immunization record is. does that mean he has to get ALL those shots again?

did anyone else find it necessary to bring the high school diploma to the states? my mom immigrated to the states back in the 70s and i don't think she brought hers.

Dwain asked for next day and they said the quickest way is 3 days.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Good morning!!

Rhonda -- TAKE ME OFF the baby list!! Lola puked on my arm yesterday while we were driving Roy to work -- I told him that I can't even handle a dog puking how could I ever handle a kid.... :whistle:

Oh my :lol::lol::whistle:

Elizabeth

Jonesie

Mindy

Rhonda

Shemanya

Jax (Belwin mills)

Squitto

Dee

Shauna

Anna

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Question on Jamaican birth certificates

Me and my fiance are marrying in JA. One of the items needed to get our marriage certificate is a copy of our respective birth certificates. It also says that BC's should have the name of the father on them. My fiance BC doesnt have his fathers name on it. His father is deceased now. Is there something that we need to do to make sure his BC is ok for the wedding date? :help:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Well I started a new job 2 weeks ago...I am a receptionist/acct. clerk. It is the easiest job of my life and I am already VERY bored...but it is not stressful and has good hours...pay could be better but its money.

You need to find a good Mahjong game to play!!

Thats just it...the way this place is set up the main walkway is behind me so everyone can see what I am doing :angry: I don't mind working...just give me something to do

Congrats on the new job :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Tia!!!

And welcome!

:dance: :dance: Well Yardie family, we are done, for now. Ricardo has his VISA in his hand. It took almost exactly one year and a lot a tears, fears and aggravation. I would not have been able to get through it all without you. I thank all of your for your help, guidance, welll wishes, experiences and support. (L) (L)

Congrats well deserved :dance:

That is a long time all the best to you guys :)!!!

Me and my fiance are marrying in JA. One of the items needed to get our marriage certificate is a copy of our respective birth certificates. It also says that BC's should have the name of the father on them. My fiance BC doesnt have his fathers name on it. His father is deceased now. Is there something that we need to do to make sure his BC is ok for the wedding date? :help:

He should be fine. Dwain's dads name was not on his either. His dad pased away in 1988. So go ahead and send the copies in. No problem with that.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Dwain's medical is tommorrow. One more step until the Visa interview YIPPEE!!!! 23 days to go and counting.

Positive Vibes for those still waiting on visas from their March interviews :luv:

Okay I am so not use to working so tired. First Spring break and then Easter break. Counting down until the end of the year 36 more work days :dance: .

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Tia!!!

And welcome!

Congrats well deserved :dance:

That is a long time all the best to you guys :)!!!

He should be fine. Dwain's dads name was not on his either. His dad pased away in 1988. So go ahead and send the copies in. No problem with that.

Thanks Bel! :thumbs:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

That McDonalds in Mo Bay shut down like 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it. Before then, I don't think I've ever seen a McDonalds go out of business.

I heard that McDonalds refused to buy local meat (from JA) so everyone begin to boycott McDonalds. The country basically pushed them out of business! :blush:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Most JA people I found won't jump from the cliff.

I remember I jumped 3 times in a row and then ended up in the hospital that was 9 1/2 years ago I was a crazy teenager. Ricks Cafe at least know they have a nice platform know not like the old days. So I understand why they were chicken.

I wouldn't jump from the high cliff but I jumped from a few lower ones :P Tony jumped off the high one though! WHY did you end up in the hospital??? :unsure:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Good morning!!

Rhonda -- TAKE ME OFF the baby list!! Lola puked on my arm yesterday while we were driving Roy to work -- I told him that I can't even handle a dog puking how could I ever handle a kid.... :whistle:

:lol: Why was Lola in the car with you? You afraid she'll eat the house while you're gone? :devil:

Morning. I will be an act of God if I were to get pregnant :innocent:

Dee, are you "fixed"?? :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

:D I love how you phrased that so tactfully!! My friends fiance (from JA too) actually went to his own personal doctor to get tested BEFORE he went to the actual Medical exam!! They wanted to make absolutely sure he was clean :whistle: I even delivered him two sets of those pills that help clear out your system - he took one before each test.

JAX

Elizabeth

Jonesie

Mindy

Rhonda

Shemanya

Squitto

Dee

Shauna

Anna

No way woman!! You're at the top now :devil: You said you guys were going to be working on it immediately after he gets here :innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I'm sitting here eating macaroni and saltfish and calalloo cooked up with onions and peppers! :P Yummy! I love Tony's cooking!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.