Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Again, we have an age difference and I am caucasian and we had no issues. I did send him with so many things there was doubt we had a legitimate relationship, including scrapbooks of my 14 visits to see him. I think it really depends on what you can prove and what you leave up to the imagination. If there are questions or doubts, they will likely require you to come along.

I didn't attend, but did send a 5+ pound binder down full of copies of emails, emailed text messages, photos, plane ticket itineraries, cards sent to one another, letters, $10,000 worth of phone bills and calling card receipts over the course of our relationship (crazy I know) - I seriously went overboard with our proof. And I included a color coded table of contents and the dividers for each section matched the color code for easy access to what was needed by both fiance and interviewer. We were approved (once hubby got updated copy of his birth cert) with absolutely no problems at all :thumbs:

It really depends on the interviewer. If they have any reason to doubt your relationship then they may request more evidence. I know of US citizens that flew to Kingston for the interview and still got denied.

Be as prepared as you can and make sure to dot the I's and cross the T's.

GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON EVERYONE

Yeah, that is the same thing I plan on doing. and by the grace of God will be together soon

It's what I suggest too.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good afternoon everyone,

no baby yet, the knob on my dryer broke yesterday, but I got all her clothes washed. hubby's interview is next week and I'm sending down the last set of info today. he faxed me the forms from packet 3 but not the instructions, he already has the binder so all he has to do is input everything. I keep thinking i'm forgeting something.

anyway hope everything is working out for everyone

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone awaiting an interview at the embassy for a K3 visa? What date did they receive your package from the NVC?

We've been waiting since January.

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
For all the "newbies".... please put this information in a word document or file in you email, that will help you and/or others that are going through the process. Also keep in mind that some of my information may have changed since I went through the process over a year ago.

Pertains to K1 Visas (without bringing any children here) - before sending your paperwork, make 2 copies of everything.

Suggestion for sending packet and/or interview -- put everything into binder and use ACCO fasteners. Have cover pages separating the different types of evidence and tabs at the bottom of the pages to flip between the different sections.

For the I-129F

-One paragraph of how we met. The actual date that we met, where and then the other times, dates and location (hotel) that we've seen and spent time together.

**On line 18 of the petition, I put * additional sheet attached

-Then the G-325A biographic information--all 4 pages are slightly different

-A copy of the USC's birth certificate

-A copy of his birth certificate (it's not needed, but did it just in case)

-USC letter of intent -typed (just use the sample off of the VJ website) http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

-His/her letter of intent (typed)

INTERVIEW LETTER

DS 156 FILLED OUT ONLINE WITH BARCODE (2 COPIES)

DS156 K filled out online (no barcode) basically just typed in (2 copies)

DS-157 filled out online (no barcode) typed in (2 copies)

DS230 form - typed

I134 form - Affidavit of Support

--Current bank statements

--1 year of tax returns/transcripts (I needed 3 yrs) w/ W2s or 1099's (if self employed)

--Employment letter(s)

--Pay stubs

--Bank letter - from bank providing acct date, average balance, deposit history

Medical Examination-completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file

Application Fee- $100 bring receipt from Paymaster to Embassy @ interview

-Then all of your proof of your relationship. Letters, cards, Invoices/receipts from hotels, airplanes, phone bills, txt msgs, emails. Pictures. I personally had 5 pages of photos, I just made copies from my home copier/scanner onto photo paper I bought from Walmart.

Items that fiance has or must go and get:

Fiance's passport - valid for at least 6 months from the time the visa will be issued

6 Passport photos - (I had made a copy on my printer -scanned- and sent him 12 pictures)

Fiance's long form birth certificate(pinkish red and green) -

Police certificate from Kingston - valid for 1 year. The police certificate is 1,000 JMD for return in 3 weeks and 2,500 JMD for return in 3 days.

No Impediment Form- Received from LOCAL Registrar Generals office (certificate of singleness). Cost is approximately $105.00 US -- $5500 JA. Can take up to a month to receive it back, depending on the Local Office.

***U.S. Embassy Announces Changes to Immigrant Visa Document Requirements

Beginning December 1, 2005, the Immigrant Visa Unit of the Consular Section of the United States Embassy will require all Jamaica-resident applicants for immigrant visas who are aged 18 years of age and older and are in categories requiring them to be unmarried to obtain a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage. This new requirement will affect applicants in the IR2, IR3, IR4, F11, F22, and F24 categories who are aged 18 or older. It will also affect all Jamaica-resident children aged 18 and older who will be accompanying an immigrant visa applicant. Applicants should apply for a Certificate of No-Impediment to Marriage at any office of the Registrar General’s Department or on the Registrar General’s Department website. Applicants may find further information about this document and the form for requesting it at http://www.rgd.gov.jm.

Medical Examination -completed no paperwork to take to interview, Embassy should have file. Can't go to the medical exam withOUT the Interview letter. Make sure that you get a copy of the DS2032 (Vaccination supplement form) which is given to him/her at the medical exam. YOU MUST bring the following to your medical: 4 Passport Photos, Completed Medical History Form, Passport, Any Immunization Records Showing Prior Vaccinations and Your Appointment Letter (from the Embassy - "Packet #4")

--Non-immigrant visa application fee of $100 U.S. dollars must be paid in the amount of J$6,300 at any Paymaster Jamaica Limited branch. The fee does not have to be paid the day of the interview, we got ours 2 days prior. Paymaster locations --http://www.paymaster-online.com/locations.html

FOR K-1: A letter containing your scheduled interview date. You MUST bring this letter with you to your interview. They WILL NOT let you in the Embassy without it. Also bring Original birth certificates, and originals of any documents to support the I-134 fall into this category. They have the right to ask for the original of any document (and keep it).

Bring an updated letter of intent (for both).

KingstonIVInfo@state.gov

The U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica will move operations to

the NOB December 13, 2006. All mail and telephone calls should be

forwarded to the new location beginning December13,2006... the new primary telephone number for the U.S. Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica will be:

Country Code: 876

Main Switchboard Number: 702-6000

The Primary Fax Number will be:

Country Code: 876

Fax Number: 702-6001

Sample Interview questions -

http://www.***removed***/visas/kvisa/sample...-questions.html

FREE texting to Jamaica -

8761234567@digitextjm.com

For the Interview in Kingston. I is HIIIIIGHLY recommended that the USC attend !!! They will interview separately. For those that have been since the "new" place opened, please jump in here about what to possibly expect.

Since fiance(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to BCIS when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

If approved after the interview, you go to Airpak and that process is taking anywhere from 14 days to a month --depends on how busy they are? I would not recommend scheduling a flight because of the cost to make changes if the VISA is not to him/her in time. Airpak has pick up locations island wide, MoBay, Ochi, Town, Negril, Sav...click the link for more info http://www.airpakexpress.com/island.htm

The visa must be used within 6 months of being issued. The fiance(e) is allowed to enter the US once with the visa, with the purpose of getting married, which must happen within 90 days. The fiance(e) is not allowed to travel freely into and out of the US with the visa.

I would highly recommend trying to closest to the 90th day to get married ---it is a HUGE adjustment process.

Next step, AOS. Apply SS #, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61575 --Civil Surgeons

I hope this information helps. Some things change, but 99% of this information remains the same.

They did not interview us separately. We were together the whole time. I highly recommend the SO to go if they haven't known each other for a long time. Its major proof. For those who don't know we interviewed in May but we're not the norm because we have been together 9 1/2 years. I will say both of us there it went very smoothly. My pay got docked for the week but it was worth it. I can't imagine my life without him right now. They have affordable hotels down the street to stay at. The binder was awesome too the security lady was like WOW and so was the guy who interviewed us said we were so lucky to have a wealth of information. He didn't even want to see it. I would say go!!! Personal at first I wasn't going to go and then I told my boss I had to go and he understood. Do what is best for your case!!

One Luv

J

Anyone awaiting an interview at the embassy for a K3 visa? What date did they receive your package from the NVC?

When Kingston receives the packet it can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months for an interview date.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

I'm doing K-1. But, I wanted to say Welcome to VJ!!! Trust me, you will get a lot of information from this site.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that sounds like 2 long a time, did he submit a ds-230?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

I called a lot and then asked if they even knew what month it would be schedule. They told me April and I got an interview in May. I say keep calling every week it sucks but it will work. I would even said 2 to 3 emails a day to the embassy and see if they will respond. Did u finish packet 3 and send it in? It sounds like u have been waiting to long so I might call a local senator to see what they could do.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I called a lot and then asked if they even knew what month it would be schedule. They told me April and I got an interview in May. I say keep calling every week it sucks but it will work. I would even said 2 to 3 emails a day to the embassy and see if they will respond. Did u finish packet 3 and send it in? It sounds like u have been waiting to long so I might call a local senator to see what they could do.

Did u also submit the I-130 and try doing the CR1 visa at the same time?? To see which one made it there faster? We had both packets there when we interviewed.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
What's everyone's summer vacation plans?

Well, we were going to go to Arizona, but....unfortunately can't swing it this summer. My son really wants to go to the Outer Banks again this year with his friend, so "my" vacation ....is no mommy time. He's been hardly home so far this summer which is giving me a much much needed break. We only have "off" from soccer the month of July and December and it's too darn expensive to go anywhere in December.

Any plans for you Michele? Coming down to this area for Independence Day, August 5th ?

The weather has been really scorching out in the west this summer. I went to Arizona in May one year and it was too hot for me then. Scottsdale was beautiful though.

Talk about hot. Today is the hottest day in IL. Ugh and we have our family reunion outside. With heat index they said 105. My husband hates air conditioning too. :devil: He said we will live with the central air off its only 15 degrees hotter than yesterday. :help::lol: He is going to have to live one day with air when we get back from the reunion its so on and the car today its so on. :luv:

Did any of your guys husbands hate air conditiong when they came to the states??

I have to agree w/Dwain, I HATE a/c. When I first got to work I was ok, but after a few mins I had to go back outside to warm up b/c I was freezing. I can barely work b/c when I'm cold I get sleepy. I have dranked 3 cups of hot chocolate just to stay warm. I have central air at home but refuse to turn it on. :lol: I don't mind the heat as long as I have a few fans going.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We'll be in Baltimore July 14 for the Caribbean parade/carnival. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up. It's not as big as the other cities but it's a lot of fun and lots of Jamaicans will be there representing their flags.

Okay, I just found some info about it..... are you belly dancin in it ? Or are you guys going for just pleasure? Maybe this time we can meet up ?? ...

Nope, I'm not in it..just going to borrow ideas for next year. I have to make sure I'm not working that day...I've been drafted to help out processing passports :angry:

Timeline
Did any of your guys husbands hate air conditiong when they came to the states??

I have to agree w/Dwain, I HATE a/c. When I first got to work I was ok, but after a few mins I had to go back outside to warm up b/c I was freezing. I can barely work b/c when I'm cold I get sleepy. I have dranked 3 cups of hot chocolate just to stay warm. I have central air at home but refuse to turn it on. :lol: I don't mind the heat as long as I have a few fans going.

I don't care for A/C either. Damien loves the A/C.......we agrue over the it every night.

Timeline
Need your help before I send money to my brother.

I-130 FOR SON OVER 21 UNMARRIED WITH A 5 Y/O DAUGHTER IMMIGRATING AT THE SAME TIME.

His interview will be on July 31st and I am a bit confused on the amount of fees he should bring to Kingston with him for the interview. The interview checklist reads: "Be prepared to pay $335 for the application fee and $45 for the security surcharge for each applicant" Is this saying that he should bring $335x2 PLUS $45X2 or $335 plus $45 each for himself and his 5 Y/O child.

I called USCIS and they were as useless as T1Ts on a Bull. Thanks for your response.

I agree w/everyone else. You will need to pay $380 for each relative. However, the fees should have paid to NVC not the Embassy. It's collected prior to generating the DS-230 part I & II.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

I don't care for A/C either. Damien loves the A/C.......we agrue over the it every night.

On days like today, love the A/C....but if there's no humidity I'd rather have the patio door and windows open with some fans running, Craig on the other hand, LOVES A/C !!!

Timeline

On days like today, love the A/C....but if there's no humidity I'd rather have the patio door and windows open with some fans running, Craig on the other hand, LOVES A/C !!!

I meant to say - I don't like it while I'm sleeping.

Timeline

Yea that is a long time. Have you tried making an appt to have your spouse pick up packet 3?

Hey Chicagoans...just wanted to let you know that Movado will be coming to Chicago. Not sure of the date but will keep you all posted. I'm so excited I LOVE some MOVADO!!!!!!

Edited by nyseness

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.