Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Do you guys find it a challenge when you take your hubby out to eat at a Restaurant that does not serve Caribbean food? Tell me I am not the only one who wants to pull my hair out because they canot find anything on the menu.

I am so lucky that Tony is not too picky and will try new things :blush: He was really hard to take out at first, but now he'll go anywhere!! I've Americanized him I guess :devil: He loves Italian food. He loves Chinese food. He'll eat Mexican but it's not his favorite. He can find something on the menu where-ever we go. Have you tried Chinese? It seems to be the most similar to Jamaican - lots of chicken and rice dishes, etc.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Iffeisha cut those nails, she will be making her own bread. I am working on her getting some shorter ones when these come off.

:lol::o:lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

FYI....just read in the local paper about the upcoming pice raise on AOS and citizenship....from how they worded it in the paper it could come as soon as june...from 325 to 908...

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dl...D=2007704050352

$908 oh my gosh!

If I'm not mistaken, that includes the cost of the AP and the EAD too. So it's not that much more than it is now if you apply for all 3 of them.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Check this site out its new to portables http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?auto=1 LOL it tells you the top JA posters. Mindy you come in 3rd Anna 4th :whistle: Yes Bored today

:P And ya'll say I chat too much?!!!! :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Sounds like someone wants Rhonda/Mindy to pull out the baby list :lol:

I will put my money on Jonesie :whistle:

Baby List:

Elizabeth

Jax (Belwin mills)

Jonesie

Squitto

Anna

Mindy

Rhonda :devil:

Shemanya

Dee

Shauna

The rest of the newbies soon come!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning Yardies!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning everyone! my word you all have been busy here this past week! it's gonna take me forever to catch up on my reading. i visited my fiance last week and brought him the big ol' fiance visa binder and another smaller one for his records. they were so heavy that it made my luggage overweight by 12 pounds. lol! we went over the book together and i had him sign all the consular forms. the only thing he still needs to get is the police record and his medical. i was hoping that we could both drive out to kingston to get the police record while i was there...but neither one of us had the extra money. and since he has to go to kingston to drop off the ds-230 anyways, he can just get the police record then. now everyone here is saying that the quickest you can get one is 3 days, but my fiance is saying that you can actually get one the same day. he says it costs more, but that a friend of his just did this and he got it the same day. we'll see....

some things that concern me: he threw away his high school diploma (he spilled something on it and thought he didn't need it anymore) and his mother has no idea where his immunization record is. does that mean he has to get ALL those shots again?

did anyone else find it necessary to bring the high school diploma to the states? my mom immigrated to the states back in the 70s and i don't think she brought hers.

Good morning!!

Rhonda -- TAKE ME OFF the baby list!! Lola puked on my arm yesterday while we were driving Roy to work -- I told him that I can't even handle a dog puking how could I ever handle a kid.... :whistle:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning!!

Rhonda -- TAKE ME OFF the baby list!! Lola puked on my arm yesterday while we were driving Roy to work -- I told him that I can't even handle a dog puking how could I ever handle a kid.... :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good morning everyone! my word you all have been busy here this past week! it's gonna take me forever to catch up on my reading. i visited my fiance last week and brought him the big ol' fiance visa binder and another smaller one for his records. they were so heavy that it made my luggage overweight by 12 pounds. lol! we went over the book together and i had him sign all the consular forms. the only thing he still needs to get is the police record and his medical. i was hoping that we could both drive out to kingston to get the police record while i was there...but neither one of us had the extra money. and since he has to go to kingston to drop off the ds-230 anyways, he can just get the police record then. now everyone here is saying that the quickest you can get one is 3 days, but my fiance is saying that you can actually get one the same day. he says it costs more, but that a friend of his just did this and he got it the same day. we'll see....

some things that concern me: he threw away his high school diploma (he spilled something on it and thought he didn't need it anymore) and his mother has no idea where his immunization record is. does that mean he has to get ALL those shots again?

did anyone else find it necessary to bring the high school diploma to the states? my mom immigrated to the states back in the 70s and i don't think she brought hers.

Hey, Tia. Didn't know you were on here too.

Andre got his police report the same day. It didn't even cost him more. He just made up some story of why he needed it. Can't remember exactly what he said. Took about 3 hours. He left and then went back.

Andre did not bring his diploma with him. Didn't really even think about it. So far, it's been no issue. If he went back to school, he would probably need some sort of transcripts from high school anyhow....something we would have to send for.

I suggest an extra birth certificate since Immigration kept Andre's other one.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

BelwinMills,

(F) Thank you for your help. I hope you didn't have to type the whole Medical Examination letter into your reply, because that was a lot. I really appreciate it and I will let my husband know what he needs to do. I know we are very early in the process, but he is working in St. Maarten and doesn't plan to go home for a while. And besides, I have nothing better to do between now and NOA2, but prepare myself. Thanks.

~MissJones

Filed: Other Timeline
Sounds like someone wants Rhonda/Mindy to pull out the baby list :lol:

I will put my money on Jonesie :whistle:

Baby List:

Elizabeth

Jax (Belwin mills)

Jonesie

Squitto

Anna

Mindy

Rhonda :devil:

Shemanya

Shauna

The rest of the newbies soon come!

Morning. I will be an act of God if I were to get pregnant :innocent:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

Damien's crew is called - the Cuban Links :blink:

:lol::lol:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BelwinMills,

(F) Thank you for your help. I hope you didn't have to type the whole Medical Examination letter into your reply, because that was a lot. I really appreciate it and I will let my husband know what he needs to do. I know we are very early in the process, but he is working in St. Maarten and doesn't plan to go home for a while. And besides, I have nothing better to do between now and NOA2, but prepare myself. Thanks.

~MissJones

GOOD MORNING ALL!

MissJones~ Depending on how longn he has been in St. Maarten he might need to get a police record from there. Just something to look into if you haven't already. Our visa was help up for 2 months while we had to get a police record from the Bahamas. It is a lot easier to get the record when they are still in the country.

Well I started a new job 2 weeks ago...I am a receptionist/acct. clerk. It is the easiest job of my life and I am already VERY bored...but it is not stressful and has good hours...pay could be better but its money.

How is everyone else doing?

BTW Rhonda...thanks for not putting me on the list :thumbs:

Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

Damien's crew is called - the Cuban Links :blink:

:lol::lol:

Andre and his friends are the Gospel Lighthouse crew...but thats because that is their church name...I don't know of any other name but I will ask :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jax....i would leave all the pics in the album and if they want to see some pics you can easily pull some pics out...

just got back from the Bio Appt....it was a success :lol: our appt was for at 9 we got there a little before 8 and we were able to go in(it was weird...it was inside a old mall..almost missed it...some advice when you have your appt. go onto USCIS.gov and look for the office...usually they will give some land marks near by...) and mike filled out the form and they even excepted the other bio appt letter for the 11th...whole thing to about 35 mins....just hope the rest it goes so easy!!!!

Happy Easter to everyone!!

Shauna congratulations :dance: another step BIO appt he gone. :yes:

Thanks for the advice I think I'm repeating myself ahaha. ;)

The album won't be able to slide under the window but they will ask u to hold it.

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.