Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello All,

my name is Lee, I have started my visa journey. My fiance is in Montego Bay Jamaica. I don't know how I could have done it without all the information I found here—Venessia and i really appreciate it.

Welcome Lee :thumbs:

Best wish on your journey :yes::thumbs:

Ditto.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

Damien's crew is called - the Cuban Links :blink:

I use 3Utelecom. They hook it to your home phone and it's good on any number connected to you. We pay .17 a minute and they bill you to the second, not minute, to save you money. No connection fees. All you do is dial an 866 number, dial the LD number, and then hit #. I like that I don't have to go out and buy some phone card or anything like that. Great sound on the connection/no connection problems/no dropped calls. I/We have used it for almost 2 years now and I love it.

Wow, that sounds great. Do they send you a bill? I have Optimum cable phone service and they have an international calling plan that I use. But I use all of my minutes before the month is over so I usually use a phone card after that.

For those still waiting on visas have you heard anything? Are u going to call the embassy tomorrow? I hope u guys receive them tomorrow. :)

No Visa yet :angry: I sent them an e-mail over the weekend. Let's see if I get an response tomorrow. None the less.... I'll be calling them :yes:

Isn't today a holiday there?

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I use 3Utelecom. They hook it to your home phone and it's good on any number connected to you. We pay .17 a minute and they bill you to the second, not minute, to save you money. No connection fees. All you do is dial an 866 number, dial the LD number, and then hit #. I like that I don't have to go out and buy some phone card or anything like that. Great sound on the connection/no connection problems/no dropped calls. I/We have used it for almost 2 years now and I love it.

Wow, that sounds great. Do they send you a bill? I have Optimum cable phone service and they have an international calling plan that I use. But I use all of my minutes before the month is over so I usually use a phone card after that.

For those still waiting on visas have you heard anything? Are u going to call the embassy tomorrow? I hope u guys receive them tomorrow. :)

No Visa yet :angry: I sent them an e-mail over the weekend. Let's see if I get an response tomorrow. None the less.... I'll be calling them :yes:

Isn't today a holiday there?

Yes it's a holiday, I sent the e-mail with thoughts that maybe they'll respond on Tuesday.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

Damien's crew is called - the Cuban Links :blink:

Cuban Links thats a good one ;) . Wow I am not going crazy they all do this.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

:yes: Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a good Easter weekend, and enjoyed your bun and cheese, and callaloo and saltfish and all this good food I have been reading about.

To all of you who have already completed the interview process, would you mind providing me a list of all the items my husband will need for the interview. He will be in St. Maarten probably up until he gets packet 3 in the mail, so I want him to be well prepared so that we don't waste any time. He plans to go back to JA for a few days in the next month or so, so I plan to provide him with a list of things he needs to try to get ready NOW (since he thinks he is Mr. Big Stuff, livin it up in St. Maarten, and acts like he is too good to go home.)

I have already read Jame's Shortcuts, so I am going to email those forms to him and have him send them to me without a date. I will write in the date when the time comes (IF the time comes...) But if there is anything else that he could get now that would put him a step ahead, please let me know. Also, can someone please explain the Medical Exam? My stubborn husband is not a doctor type person, and swears that he doesn't want nobody tryin to look at his ____.

~missjones

Timeline
Just so you know ring yard raised their rates cell phones are now 19 cents a minute and land line 18 cents a minute. I don't think we will ever find 10 cent a minute rate again.

:lol: Of course they raised their rates -- that's because I FINALLY bought $20.00 worth ... sorry!! :jest:

Augh!!! I can't beleive they raised their rates! Thats so infuriating! As if it wasn't hard enough already to call JA. :crying::(

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
:yes: Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a good Easter weekend, and enjoyed your bun and cheese, and callaloo and saltfish and all this good food I have been reading about.

To all of you who have already completed the interview process, would you mind providing me a list of all the items my husband will need for the interview. He will be in St. Maarten probably up until he gets packet 3 in the mail, so I want him to be well prepared so that we don't waste any time. He plans to go back to JA for a few days in the next month or so, so I plan to provide him with a list of things he needs to try to get ready NOW (since he thinks he is Mr. Big Stuff, livin it up in St. Maarten, and acts like he is too good to go home.)

I have already read Jame's Shortcuts, so I am going to email those forms to him and have him send them to me without a date. I will write in the date when the time comes (IF the time comes...) But if there is anything else that he could get now that would put him a step ahead, please let me know. Also, can someone please explain the Medical Exam? My stubborn husband is not a doctor type person, and swears that he doesn't want nobody tryin to look at his ____.

~missjones

My list for CR1. I put a binder of all this info together. Make sure he sends you his biographical pages from his passport along with the DS230 part 1.

He will need a police record down but I would wait until NVC forwards the case to Kingston. This is good for 6 months. You can get it expressed it will take 3 days.

LIST for documents

1. Passport for spouse

2. Original Birth Certificate long form Spouse

3. Original Birth Certificate petitioner

4. Original certified copy of marriage certificate

5. Police certificate

6. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form - notarized

7. Past 3 years of taxes with W2's

8. Medical examination form

9. 4 passport photos of Spouse

10. all documents copied that you sent to NVC

11. Phone Bills (1 year if you can)

12. Holiday Cards

13. Wedding Photos

14. Past relationship photos

15. letter from employer

16. 3 past bank statements

17. 3 pay stubs

18. Copy the pages of my passport

19. my passport

20. DS230 Part 1 and 2 -typed out

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Miss Jones

This is what the paper says for the medical

Blue Note attached says: Be sure to go to the Embassy doctor before going to the clinic for additional vaccinations.

Your Medical Examination

1. You must schedule your medical at least 10-14 days prior to the date of your visa interview. The date of your visa interview appears on your appointment letter. Failure to complete your medical examination by 10 -14 days prior to your visa interview may result in delays with your visa application, so you should be sure to make arrangements to take your exam at the earliest opportunity.

There are three locations authorized to perform examinations for immigration visas, and you may have your exam done at the most convient location for you.

MoBay Medical, Andrews Memorial Hospital, Dr. Medical Banbury Medical Associates Hospital

$95 $90 $80

2. Medical Examination Fees

The fee is as noted above, payable in U.S. dollars or Jamaican equivalent. No personal cheques are accepted.

3. What to bring to the Medical Examination

- completed medical history form -passport - your appointment letter - 4 passport size pictures

- any immunization records showing prior vaccinations

** please remove all necklaces and neck chains prior to examination

4. Immunization

U.S. immigration law requires that all applicants be vaccinated for the following disease:

Mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, influenza type B, hepatitis B, varicella (chicken pox), pneumococcal, and influenza.

Depending upon your age, you may not need all of these vaccinations. Please present your immunization records to the physician at the time of the examination for the physician to determine which immunizations you may need. You may receive any needed vaccinations at the time of your examination. Please note that immunization fees are not included in the cost of your examination. Please be prepared to pay for any additional vaccines that you may require.

5. HIV Testing

During the n visa medical examination, the physician test all applicants over the age of 15 for antibodies to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), a disease that may lead to acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). In cases in which the physician has reason to believe that a child under age 15 might be HIV positive, he or she may require that the child undergo a blood test.

AIDS is the name given to a group of illnesses that may occur in persons infected with HIV. Infection with HIV causes a defect in a person's natural immunity against disease. This defect leaves infected people vulnerable to serious illnesses that would not normally be a threat to someone with a healthy immune system. A positive test result for HIV does not mean you have AIDS, but that you are at risk to develop it. Any positive results will be confirmed with an additional test.

The results of your test will be provided to a consular officer, and may be reported to the Jamaican health authorities, as required by Jamaican law. If the test results are positive, you will be ineligible for the visa and the consular officer is required by U.S. law to deny the application. However, a waiver of this ineligibility may be possible, and the consular officer will explore that possibility with you during the interview.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Just so you know ring yard raised their rates cell phones are now 19 cents a minute and land line 18 cents a minute. I don't think we will ever find 10 cent a minute rate again.

:lol: Of course they raised their rates -- that's because I FINALLY bought $20.00 worth ... sorry!! :jest:

Augh!!! I can't beleive they raised their rates! Thats so infuriating! As if it wasn't hard enough already to call JA. :crying::(

Marlita, I see u picked a date! Congrats! :dance:

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Well, I'm back to work and back on midnight shift :angry: Going to catch up now. I have lots of pages to read :reading:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

So now that I have all these friends (am I so bold to use that word now?) across the US, I hope I can get the chance to meet some of you when I visit some of these cities this summer for Carnival. I am normally in Boston, Philly, Delaware, New York, Atlanta and Miami. I am hoping to add maybe 2 more cities this year so I can give that new car of mine some mileage. Does anyone live in a city that has an exciting Caribbean Carnival and plan to go this year? Don't worry, I am not going to be hitting anyone up for accomadation. I usually stay in a hotel.

That sounds like fun!! How can I find out if anything like that happens here in Detroit? I've never heard of it here so I doubt it :(

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

I know many Jamaican spending easter in the uS for the first time are a little surprised how low key this holiday is for most Americans. How are your Jamaican hubbies coping with being away from home for Easter?

:yes: Tony still can't understand why it's not more exciting here during the holidays! We drove all over looking for a bar that was open on Easter Sunday where we could play some pool. Finally found one but there were only like 10 people in the whole place :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Easter Monday! These Jamaican and the holidays. As if good Friday was not enough. Don't worry in Trinidad they celebrate Easter Tuesday also so I know the feeling.

We got a 4 day weekend off work - Good Friday and Easter Monday :dance: I have the UAW to thank for that one I guess!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Roy eats lamb??? Hubby will only eat chicken and fish. I am soooooooooo sick of chicken and fish is so expensive.

Tony eats anything :yes: Beef, pork, lamb, chicken, fish. The only thing he can't eat is shellfish (shrimp, lobster, etc.) because he's allergic to it :dead: He loves Italian food now!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.