Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone and Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates it.

Has anyone used Fedex, UPS or DHL to ship docs to Jamaica? What was your experience? Wondering which is the most reliable.

I used global express and priority. It was great. Priorty takes 6 days to about 2 weeks. Express takes 4 to 7 days. He recieved everything I sent him.

With which company?

your local post office. You just need to ask for the special envelopes.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, everyone. So the consensus seems to be that all of the shipping companies are reliable. That's good, because he didn't get the DS230 that I mailed USPS. I have found that USPS is not that reliable on that end. I sent something priority once, it was supposed to get there in about a week, it took more like three.

Good morning, waynegeraldine and welcome.

I never understand when someone says this. I used to mail Andre everything USPS in a plain envelope with "airmail" and enough stamps on it. He go every single thing I ever sent him exactly 8 days after I mailed them. I mailed him a card almost every single day for almost 2 years plus a lot of the visa stuff, so this is saying a lot.

Letters and letter-type stuff would usually get there in about a week, but anything in a box or package took forever...

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
I saw that too -- I'm not so much a fan.....Roy really likes him. Right now, along with Capelton, I am hoping he doesn't realize :whistle: I am such a horrible wife :blush:

:bonk::lol: Mindy goodluck

He said he rather see Maxi Priest. He isn't a fan of Beenie Man. I guess I really don't know what he likes in JA music. He is always listening to USA love songs. He said he might not want to go either. He reminded me we have to go see this transformer movie on July 4th :wacko: On the 3rd then I will take him downtown to the taste so we don't miss fire works. :whistle:

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Our weekend started out horribly. Andre flunked his first attempt at the driving test. Made a right turn on red at a no right turn on red interesection. Failed immediately. He was one big crab the rest of the day. After cussing him eventually, I couldn't wait to escape to work. He's better now. But, geez, you would've thought it was the end of the world. Between you and me.............told you he wasn't ready.

Our weekend started out horribly. Andre flunked his first attempt at the driving test. Made a right turn on red at a no right turn on red interesection. Failed immediately. He was one big crab the rest of the day. After cussing him eventually, I couldn't wait to escape to work. He's better now. But, geez, you would've thought it was the end of the world. Between you and me.............told you he wasn't ready.

Aw. :( He probably thought he was doing fine and was ready, and being proven wrong probably injured his pride. It also means he's still dependent on you a little while longer.

Has anyone used Fedex, UPS or DHL to ship docs to Jamaica? What was your experience? Wondering which is the most reliable.

I used global express and priority. It was great. Priorty takes 6 days to about 2 weeks. Express takes 4 to 7 days. He recieved everything I sent him.

With which company?

Oh, okay, you mean USPS. Yeah, I didn't have a good experience with them the last time I sent something priority. I need it to get there within a week and I don't want to have to send it more than once.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Timeline
Good morning family I work at a nursing home everyother weekend , they did a wheelchair egg hunt and a hat parade :lol: . Easter was great!!!!!

Crazy :lol: sounds like fun :thumbs:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Oh, okay, you mean USPS. Yeah, I didn't have a good experience with them the last time I sent something priority. I need it to get there within a week and I don't want to have to send it more than once.

Did you use the global envelopes? They have specific global envelopes and Dwain has always received my mail. I haved been using them for 6 years because it was the cheapest way. Sorry to hear that you had a problem with them. I used Fed Ex once it got there safe they were just to expensive for my budget.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hello All,

my name is Lee, I have started my visa journey. My fiance is in Montego Bay Jamaica. I don't know how I could have done it without all the information I found here—Venessia and i really appreciate it.

I mailed my K-1 petition on the 27th of March it was received on the and have already received my first Notice of Action, hopefully this is sign of good things to come.

I will be leaning on you guys with the experience to help guide me though the process and asking your forgiveness in advance to for anything stupid that I might ask. My heart goes out to everybody who are also missing their significant other—its heart-wrenching—it's really tough.

Thank you.

Welcome Lee to the thread. All the best with your visa journey. My hubby is also from Montego Bay. You are one your way with a NOA1 congrats :dance:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aw. :( He probably thought he was doing fine and was ready, and being proven wrong probably injured his pride. It also means he's still dependent on you a little while longer.

With which company?

I didn't tell him I thought he wasn't ready. Are you crazy? It is better to let him learn that on his own.

And, regardless of if he has his license or not, things aren't going to change immediately. We have one car. I work 2 jobs and right now only one way coincides with my travel schedule. He has to take the bus one way each work day. When, we are in the car together, he is always driving. Getting his license would not effect his independence at this point at all. It's just a thing. One more piece of ID to collect.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
good morning....bbrrr.it is SO cold....yesterday and saturday i was snowing....crazy....

i had the strangest dream last night that for some reason my mom got the Notice of Action for the uscis saying our case had been transferd to Cali.... :lol::lol: maybe it is a sign of things to come???

Congrats Shauna it sounds like things are moving right along :)!!

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question so I know most people in JA have nicknames and we have discussed them before on here.

Wondering does your SO have a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

My hubbies group is KAOS for life they sometimes crack me up. They have their own symbol printed on shirts and necklaces. My husband was the first to get married out of the group and they said I was a member and can't wait to have a little one soon. These boys crack me up.they range from 19-25. :luv::wacko:

"Death Wish".....they all have tattoos and the words Death Wish on their backs.

Funny thing is, these 8 hood wannabe's...........only Andre would jump at Rick's Cafe with me. The rest were too Chicken. Some gang!!!!!! They are one motley bunch, that is for sure.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Did you use the global envelopes? They have specific global envelopes and Dwain has always received my mail. I haved been using them for 6 years because it was the cheapest way. Sorry to hear that you had a problem with them. I used Fed Ex once it got there safe they were just to expensive for my budget.

I don't know that I did, it may have been just the regular priority mail envelope. I'll give them a try using the global envelope and if it doesn't get there by Monday I'll use one of the express services. Thanks. :thumbs:

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Jomo's Girl,

Sorry about your weekend.

Darling, If you can tell me where to get callaloo and saltfish in my neck of the woods (Vermont) I'd be your friend for life.

Come to think of it, anyone knows where I can get callaloo seeds? I'd happliy plant some in my tiny little piece of front yard and piss off the condo association.

...Mars.

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

Timeline

Wondering does your SO ave a group of friends and they go by a specific name?

"Death Wish".....they all have tattoos and the words Death Wish on their backs.

Funny thing is, these 8 hood wannabe's...........only Andre would jump at Rick's Cafe with me. The rest were too Chicken. Some gang!!!!!! They are one motley bunch, that is for sure.

:lol: Okay I thought my husband was the only one. Good they aren't the only :wacko: group.

Most JA people I found won't jump from the cliff.

I remember I jumped 3 times in a row and then ended up in the hospital that was 9 1/2 years ago I was a crazy teenager. Ricks Cafe at least know they have a nice platform know not like the old days. So I understand why they were chicken.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
quote name='BelwinMills' date='Apr 7 2007, 09:12 AM' post='824608']

:lol::lol: Mindy u crack me up.

So he will be here then soon on tour cool keep me posted :thumbs:

Dwain should hopefully be here by the end of next month.

I am just lookin for things to do because I will be free all of July and part of August. We are going to take advantage of free Museum day on Tuesday. He wants to go to the sciene and industry museum and the zoo. Were going to go to the taste of Chicago and stake out or plot of land for his first fire works becasue on the 4th he wants to go see the movie the transformers HELP :lol:

[b

The restaurant you're asking about at the Tase is Maxines. She's on 87th & Cottage Grove.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.