Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I really need to get a copy of my Birth Certificate for the interview, I'm a naturalized U.S. citizen,

Thanks for your help.

I read somewhere that they can ask for the originals at any time. But that might have meant at the service center before it gets to NVC. I just sent it anyway, just in case.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Could he try to get another job near you guys.

That's the first thing I said too. He claims he's tried, but I know otherwise. This just seems like a huge money making opportunity to him and he can not be talked out of it. He had the nerve to tell me that I'M being selfish :no::o He said that finally something good was happening for him and I have to try and shoot it down.

Oh Rhonda, I'm really sorry that this is happening and making you so miserable while you're pregnant. Please try not to stress too much, although that sounds ludicrous. Let him know that the stress is not good for the baby. I don't know of any other advice, except what Jonesie said. Maybe the two of you need to find a compromise.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well some good news to report...mike got a job today!!! nailed it on his first interview!!! so proud of him :dance: :dance:

Congrats to your husband :dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well some good news to report...mike got a job today!!! nailed it on his first interview!!! so proud of him :dance: :dance:

Congratulations Shauna! Whoo Mike. What will he be doing?

he will be working at toy's r 'us unloading the trucks...restocking the shelves....all that fun stuff....mike said the guy pretty much just looked at how tall he was and said yup your are hired :lol: he said the guy was very interested in what he did with the sting rays and they were talking about JA cause he had just come back...so i think it will be a great job for him!!

Timeline

FYI:

US Embassy warns against fraudulent visa appointments

published: Thursday | June 14, 2007

The United States Embassy in St. Andrew says it is investigating the attempted manipulation of its online non-immigrant visa appointment system.

In a statement yesterday, the embassy said it was also warning the Jamaican public to avoid dealing with persons offering to procure early visa appointments.

"All applicants for U.S. visitor visas are required to give their full name, passport number and Paymaster receipt number to reserve a visa appointment," the embassy said. "A growing number of appointments made on the embassy's online system contain fictitious information and have been made simply to hold a place in our interview schedule."

Fictitious appointments

The embassy added: "These fictitious appointments cause problems for everyone, especially by adding to the waiting time for legitimate travellers from Jamaica to secure a timely appointment."

The embassy said persons found to be tampering with the appointment database and/or filing fraudulent appointments will be reported to the Jamaican authorities for possible criminal prosecution.

Also, according to the statement, persons entering the U.S. Embassy with falsified appointment letters will be denied visas and may be subject to permanent visa ineligibility.

All applicants or honest, reliable persons acting on their behalf should schedule visa appointments online at: https://evisaforms.state.gov/default. asp?postcode=KNG&appcode=3

This is an electronic calendar that will show available dates and times.

Applicants should avoid people or businesses that claim to be able to schedule expedited appointments. There is no charge for scheduling visa interview appointments (including emergency appointments) on the embassy's electronic calendar.

If you believe that a travel agent or individual is providing questionable services, please inform the embassy at kingstonvisas@state.gov so that we can act to prevent other applicants from being charged high fees for fraudulent services.

The embassy is also urging applicants who change their appointments to remember to delete their previous dates to allow the other slots to be made available for other applicants.

Any individual who reserves more than one date at the same time invites having one or both of the appointments deleted.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing...I'm actually preparing to leave for JA to visit my baby on Sunday...I'll be down there for a month!! I can't wait to see him!! :dance::dance::thumbs: While I'm down there my fiance will be picking out the suits he wants for the wedding...does anyone know of any good photographers near the Ochi area?

I got married in Ochi, if you want I can send pm you our photographer's number he also did the video.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
FYI:

The United States Embassy in St. Andrew says it is investigating the attempted manipulation of its online non-immigrant visa appointment system.

In a statement yesterday, the embassy said it was also warning the Jamaican public to avoid dealing with persons offering to procure early visa appointments.

"All applicants for U.S. visitor visas are required to give their full name, passport number and Paymaster receipt number to reserve a visa appointment," the embassy said. "A growing number of appointments made on the embassy's online system contain fictitious information and have been made simply to hold a place in our interview schedule."

Fictitious appointments

The embassy added: "These fictitious appointments cause problems for everyone, especially by adding to the waiting time for legitimate travellers from Jamaica to secure a timely appointment."

The embassy said persons found to be tampering with the appointment database and/or filing fraudulent appointments will be reported to the Jamaican authorities for possible criminal prosecution.

Also, according to the statement, persons entering the U.S. Embassy with falsified appointment letters will be denied visas and may be subject to permanent visa ineligibility.

All applicants or honest, reliable persons acting on their behalf should schedule visa appointments online at: https://evisaforms.state.gov/default. asp?postcode=KNG&appcode=3

Applicants should avoid people or businesses that claim to be able to schedule expedited appointments. There is no charge for scheduling visa interview appointments (including emergency appointments) on the embassy's electronic calendar.

If you believe that a travel agent or individual is providing questionable services, please inform the embassy at kingstonvisas@state.gov so that we can act to prevent other applicants from being charged high fees for fraudulent services.

The embassy is also urging applicants who change their appointments to remember to delete their previous dates to allow the other slots to be made available for other applicants.

Any individual who reserves more than one date at the same time invites having one or both of the appointments deleted.

Is it necessary to set an appointment date here, https://evisaforms.state.gov? The DS-230 part 1 was sent in to the embassy. I thought after they received the DS-230 an appointment would be set up? Do I need to fill out the DS-156 now and get an appointment or wait and get an appointment when I call the embassy?

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline

Hubby told me last night about the visa fraud going on down there, it was announced over the radio. he told me it cost $180K JA to get a visa, because everyone from security to the interviewing officer has to get their cut.

Hopefully, this will speed up the process for people who are waiting patiently to get legitimate appointments.

Timeline
FYI:

Fictitious appointments

Is it necessary to set an appointment date here, https://evisaforms.state.gov? The DS-230 part 1 was sent in to the embassy. I thought after they received the DS-230 an appointment would be set up? Do I need to fill out the DS-156 now and get an appointment or wait and get an appointment when I call the embassy?

No that is for vistor's visas. The embassy will set a date for your for you and will mail the letter to you

FYI:

Fictitious appointments

This explains why they are giving out appointments that are like 45 days away.

Ending my journey

I want to say a big thank you to all of you guys and I wish you all the success and happiness in your relationships, I apologise for sullying up the joyfulnes of the board.

I would just like to say that I'm ending my Visa Journey, I don't think my fiance is ready for marriage, we have gone through a lot and I have tolerated a lot to get to this point, I have finally decided that it makes no sense to continue to relationship anymore and I'm officially ending my Journey. Thanks for all you answers and personal messages.

Lee

Timeline
Ending my journey

I want to say a big thank you to all of you guys and I wish you all the success and happiness in your relationships, I apologise for sullying up the joyfulnes of the board.

I would just like to say that I'm ending my Visa Journey, I don't think my fiance is ready for marriage, we have gone through a lot and I have tolerated a lot to get to this point, I have finally decided that it makes no sense to continue to relationship anymore and I'm officially ending my Journey. Thanks for all you answers and personal messages.

Lee

I'm so sorry to hear that Lee. Best of luck to you in everything in your future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Do I really need to get a copy of my Birth Certificate for the interview, I'm a naturalized U.S. citizen,

Thanks for your help.

U should take it with you, u never know with them

Ending my journey

Lee

Sorry to hear that Lee, I always say better now than later

Good luck

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.