Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning, everyone. So the consensus seems to be that all of the shipping companies are reliable. That's good, because he didn't get the DS230 that I mailed USPS. I have found that USPS is not that reliable on that end. I sent something priority once, it was supposed to get there in about a week, it took more like three.

Good morning, waynegeraldine and welcome.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that they can only deliver the package if the contents are all documents. Once you include non documents, your recipient may have to go claim it from Customs themselves.

From a little cottage in Negril all the way to Vermont.[br].png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I believe its on his CD Rebellion, but double check to make sure. And Damian, that is another story. I am usually not too "celebrity crazy" but that is one artist that I love with a passion. He did a few concerts in JA while I was there and I was sooo tempted to go, but then I remembered that I was married, and my husband wouldn't like me trying to kiss all over Damian and stuff. (He is a bit jealous of my obsession.) His lyrics are so real, he just keep it real, and I appreciate him as an artist. And when him and Steven get together they can really do some damage.

My hubby claims he has "connections ", and one day he will take me to meet Damian. Im like, whatever...

Who are you meeting? I'm thinking your hubby will be real jealous if you are trying to kiss her husband. You guys have me rolling today.

My husband's cousin is Jah Cure. I can't wait to get all up close and personal with him one day, probably this summer. No kissing involved though.

I like him too. But isn't he still in jail serving time for rape??? I think he has several more years to go.

He is. He is set to be released July 28th (my birthday, BTW). Rumor has it he will headline Sunsplash. And, as far as "serving" goes.......let's just say he has received quite a few amenities in prison most people would never see.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I know many Jamaican spending easter in the uS for the first time are a little surprised how low key this holiday is for most Americans. My wife was surprised that she had classes at the University today since it was good Friday. Jamaicans have a long weekend for Easter and Good Friday. The holiday starts today and does not end till Tuesday. My employers closed business for Good Friday for the first time this year, but it is almost like MLK birthday where it's like a floating holiday for most people. It would have been like my first day off in a long time and would have loved to spend it with her. I almost thought she would have cried when she had to go to school today. Especially since we had 80 degree weather last week snd wend down to 27 last ight. How are your Jamaican hubbies coping with being away from home for Easter?

Complaining of missing bun and cheese. Otherwise, he was cool.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I ordered it from Sams Caribbean Market on line. First time ordering as we have nothing close. We will have to venture out to Boston to find some markets there.
We really like lamb so I might make that on Sunday......very low key.....

Roy eats lamb??? Hubby will only eat chicken and fish. I am soooooooooo sick of chicken and fish is so expensive.

I must be really spoiled cause Andre eats anything and everything.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
www.sams24-7.com
I ordered it from Sams Caribbean Market on line. First time ordering as we have nothing close. We will have to venture out to Boston to find some markets there.

Roy eats lamb??? Hubby will only eat chicken and fish. I am soooooooooo sick of chicken and fish is so expensive.

Roy LOVES lamb....he would eat it every meal if he could!! When he got here all he wanted (or would eat) was chicken or fish.....it took him a while to realize that it's really expensive (and hard) to get good, fresh fish.....so, mostly chicken for him now. He will eat pork and sausage (and if this counts) he LOVES Hamburger Helper :wacko: that's the only "beef" he will eat and not complain about.

Jamaicans have a thing about beef. Most do not seem to like it. Pork , fish, chicken. No beef. My wife and I always used to get into it when we go out to eat at restaurants. Take a Jamaican to a non Caribbean restaurant and there is going to be a problem cause they are not into experimenting. So she would go over the menu forever. And I would be sitting there hungry. Now as soon as I get to the restaurant and waiting to be seated, I get the menu and have her go over it. By the time we are seated, she has picked out the fish dish. I thought she would love Olive Garden. Never again. But Red lobster and cheesecake factory are ok to deal with.

Do you guys find it a challenge when you take your hubby out to eat at a Restaurant that does not serve Caribbean food? Tell me I am not the only one who wants to pull my hair out because they canot find anything on the menu.

www.sams24-7.com

Roy LOVES lamb....he would eat it every meal if he could!! When he got here all he wanted (or would eat) was chicken or fish.....it took him a while to realize that it's really expensive (and hard) to get good, fresh fish.....so, mostly chicken for him now. He will eat pork and sausage (and if this counts) he LOVES Hamburger Helper :wacko: that's the only "beef" he will eat and not complain about.

Jamaicans have a thing about beef. Most do not seem to like it. Pork , fish, chicken. No beef. My wife and I always used to get into it when we go out to eat at restaurants. Take a Jamaican to a non Caribbean restaurant and there is going to be a problem cause they are not into experimenting. So she would go over the menu forever. And I would be sitting there hungry. Now as soon as I get to the restaurant and waiting to be seated, I get the menu and have her go over it. By the time we are seated, she has picked out the fish dish. I thought she would love Olive Garden. Never again. But Red lobster and cheesecake factory are ok to deal with.

Do you guys find it a challenge when you take your hubby out to eat at a Restaurant that does not serve Caribbean food? Tell me I am not the only one who wants to pull my hair out because they canot find anything on the menu.

Andre is pretty "adjustable" (his word, not mine). He's good about trying lots of different things and likes most of them.

His problem is sauces. As long as we get dressing, sauces, gravies, etc on the side, he is good.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thank GOD that Craig loves ALL the food here. He's NOT picky....if he was, cheeeez to add onto all of the other stuff we've been through !!!!

Damien loves all food here too...not picky at all.

I've tried to be open minded about the food. I even tasted a piece of deer meat. Yuck! But to be honest, I am worried about being in the USA and changing from my relatively healthy diet of fish, chicken and greens to all the cholesterol-laden foods and becoming over-weight and more prone to things like heart disease.

I'm sorry, but a big old slab of medium rare, blood-oozing steak on my plate with eggs for breakfast on a sunday morning is a bit too much. Jay's feelings were hurt but in the end he understood. I miss my callaloo and saltfish with plantain (and or porridge) on a sunday morning.

:blush:

Why can't you have those things anymore?

Andre makes that for me all the time. Thinking of some callaloo rice for dinner tonight.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I don't know if anyone noticed but the beef here tastes completely different.

From where? In JA? I could not eat the beef in JA, I don't know what it was but it wasn't beef.

Dwain's favorite is a jerk Burger from island grill. I told him next time bring me Chicken I could not stand the beef. He Loves burgers down there from Island Grill and Burger King. This are a treat for him.

Thanks Shauna I was wondering what porridge was. :thumbs: Dwain said he had some last night and I was porridge what is that.

I love cornmeal porridge....

I beg Andre to make it for me all the time. Love that stuff.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello All,

my name is Lee, I have started my visa journey. My fiance is in Montego Bay Jamaica. I don't know how I could have done it without all the information I found here—Venessia and i really appreciate it.

Welcome Lee :thumbs:

Best wish on your journey :yes::thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

good morning....bbrrr.it is SO cold....yesterday and saturday i was snowing....crazy....

i had the strangest dream last night that for some reason my mom got the Notice of Action for the uscis saying our case had been transferd to Cali.... :lol::lol: maybe it is a sign of things to come???

Timeline
Missed you guys today. Ill catch up next week. All this talk about food is making me hungry. I have no idea what to offer sweetie Sunday when he gets here?

I heard that Mcdonalds shut down in Jamaica because no-one would buy it!!! I wont dare offer him a burger. Ha

That McDonalds in Mo Bay shut down like 2 years ago. I couldn't believe it. Before then, I don't think I've ever seen a McDonalds go out of business.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Good morning, everyone. So the consensus seems to be that all of the shipping companies are reliable. That's good, because he didn't get the DS230 that I mailed USPS. I have found that USPS is not that reliable on that end. I sent something priority once, it was supposed to get there in about a week, it took more like three.

I never understand when someone says this. I used to mail Andre everything USPS in a plain envelope with "airmail" and enough stamps on it. He go every single thing I ever sent him exactly 8 days after I mailed them. I mailed him a card almost every single day for almost 2 years plus a lot of the visa stuff, so this is saying a lot.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Our weekend started out horribly. Andre flunked his first attempt at the driving test. Made a right turn on red at a no right turn on red interesection. Failed immediately. He was one big crab the rest of the day. After cussing him eventually, I couldn't wait to escape to work. He's better now. But, geez, you would've thought it was the end of the world. Between you and me.............told you he wasn't ready.

Our weekend started out horribly. Andre flunked his first attempt at the driving test. Made a right turn on red at a no right turn on red interesection. Failed immediately. He was one big crab the rest of the day. After cussing him eventually, I couldn't wait to escape to work. He's better now. But, geez, you would've thought it was the end of the world. Between you and me.............told you he wasn't ready.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that they can only deliver the package if the contents are all documents. Once you include non documents, your recipient may have to go claim it from Customs themselves.

No, that hasn't been the case when I've sent things. I've sent packages a few times and they get delivered like regular mail. I think anyway, I never asked.

I believe its on his CD Rebellion, but double check to make sure. And Damian, that is another story. I am usually not too "celebrity crazy" but that is one artist that I love with a passion. He did a few concerts in JA while I was there and I was sooo tempted to go, but then I remembered that I was married, and my husband wouldn't like me trying to kiss all over Damian and stuff. (He is a bit jealous of my obsession.) His lyrics are so real, he just keep it real, and I appreciate him as an artist. And when him and Steven get together they can really do some damage.

My hubby claims he has "connections ", and one day he will take me to meet Damian. Im like, whatever...

Who are you meeting? I'm thinking your hubby will be real jealous if you are trying to kiss her husband. You guys have me rolling today.

My husband's cousin is Jah Cure. I can't wait to get all up close and personal with him one day, probably this summer. No kissing involved though.

I like him too. But isn't he still in jail serving time for rape??? I think he has several more years to go.

He is. He is set to be released July 28th (my birthday, BTW). Rumor has it he will headline Sunsplash. And, as far as "serving" goes.......let's just say he has received quite a few amenities in prison most people would never see.

I thought he was out, I heard somewhere else that he had a concert.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question about the fee increase, will the fees increase for those of us that are already into the process? Or is this going into effect for those that apply after June?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.