Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes enjoy the alone time!!! AMEN I am so glad he has friends here besides me.

You know last night I had to remind myself of the emotional roller coaster ride we were on trying to get him here, cause last night I was forced to watch an hour or so of Mr. Bean :(:help: Wishing I could go up stairs and just read a book :whistle: Talk about wanting some alone time, it was torture, but of course I sat there pretending to laugh at what was no where near funny or amusing, on the other hand he was tickled pink :help:

I understand I watch his horror flicks and action movies. Sometimes I fall asleep on him but he hasnt noticed yet.

:lol: Bean oh my Props to you

His favortie past time is music videos :whistle: I have never watched BET so much in my entire life as I have in the last two months :blink:

Hey sonshyne how was ur wedding ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I've known a few places who stayed at Rooms on the Beach. They said they were okay. Nothing spectacular; but not nasty either. In MoBay, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, Royal Decameron, and some nasty hotel where we refused to sleep on the sheets provided or touch the shower curtain. Can't remember the name of that last place. I loved Sunspree and Decameron. Both were very nice.

I heard okay things about Rooms...nothing horrible.

I've stayed at the Royal Decameron, Holiday Inn Sunspree, El Greco, Gloriana (yuck) and the Gloustershire in MoBay. My favorite is Royal Decameron for all-inclusive and El Greco for non all-inclusive. I also stayed at Couples Swept Away in Negril....too expensive and boring.

Timeline
I've known a few places who stayed at Rooms on the Beach. They said they were okay. Nothing spectacular; but not nasty either. In MoBay, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, Royal Decameron, and some nasty hotel where we refused to sleep on the sheets provided or touch the shower curtain. Can't remember the name of that last place. I loved Sunspree and Decameron. Both were very nice.

I heard okay things about Rooms...nothing horrible.

I've stayed at the Royal Decameron, Holiday Inn Sunspree, El Greco, Gloriana (yuck) and the Gloustershire in MoBay. My favorite is Royal Decameron for all-inclusive and El Greco for non all-inclusive. I also stayed at Couples Swept Away in Negril....too expensive and boring.

Amen to that! Glorianna was awful :o I had to stay there for 2 days when they lost my luggage. There was no way I was going all the way across the island to a city they had never heard of before without my clothes. They told me it would be delivered...yeah right! Good luck finding it up those non paved roads and then those roads you have to walk in (no cars) to find the house. Yeah right.

Anyways Glorianna was cheap but dirty. Seemed like the kind of place you go to just to "hook up" with someone...very dark and dirty...creepy almost. The staff was rude and there was NOTHING the hotel had to offer but a place to sleep. Plus it isn't right on the strip so you had to either walk or take a taxi to get anywhere. STAY AWAY! Go figure the only hotel I stay in is a bomb :P

I loved Royal Decameron in Mobay. I also stayed in a really inexpensive hotel when I got stranded for 3 additional days by a hurricane, it was called the Big Apple . Its a family owned hotel and you have to get a taxi to go into town but the view from the hillside was beautiful. It was 69.00 dollars a night. I have the number at home. No gym or any frills just nice and clean with bootleg cable in very room :lol::lol: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
I loved Royal Decameron in Mobay. I also stayed in a really inexpensive hotel when I got stranded for 3 additional days by a hurricane, it was called the Big Apple . Its a family owned hotel and you have to get a taxi to go into town but the view from the hillside was beautiful. It was 69.00 dollars a night. I have the number at home. No gym or any frills just nice and clean with bootleg cable in very room :lol::lol: .

LOL! Yeah I had to move rooms because the cable wasn't working..."sorry but the wires must need to be changed or they might have been removed :o " :lol:

Timeline
You ladies crack me up! I am debating on getting cable or satellite when Marlon gets here but after reading some of the horror stories here I dunno! lol I do know that Marlon is big time into horror and action films and I too have fallen asleep during them! :blink: I am more of the romantic comedy/comedy/sci-fi type.

Rhonda: I am so sorry to hear that Tony is soooo pigheaded! You WILL talk him out of it and ALL will work out! Hang in there as you are a strong and smart woman!

I was wondering the same thing but I chose Satellite dish instead. I had Comcast at my last apt but the bill was getting out of hand. Now we have Satellite for 4 tv w/DVR's and my bill is only $65 a month w/two premium channels. Not only that it has way more channels.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my fiance has never had cable, and when we stay together in a hotel the tv is constantly on. his addiction: sports (specifically soccer & cricket).

Neil didn't have cable either, they only got on channel in yard JTV :blink: He didn't watch much tv. The few times we stayed in a hotel it was music vidoes, music vidoes and more music vidoes :wacko: Oh and how did I forget to soccer and cricket :blink:

One more thing.... Is channel surfing a man thing??? Or is it just my mans thing?

i'm more of the music video junkie. i don't usually just sit and watch tv, so i turn on some music and while i'm doing other things. i could definitely live without cable.

my man on the other hand, will watch the 2 or 3 channels he's got regardless of whether he likes the show or not. one night he was watching pretty woman! lol

he does a lot of channel surfing too, especially during commercial breaks on the sports channel. a few times he's even tried to be considerate and hands me the remote. i just look at him and say, "i don't want that thing."

he has a strange habit that i thought was a guy thing. he'll have the tv on some soccer and then turn on some music. so you can hear sports and music at the same time. it's a sensory overload for me and i can't stand it. so when his boy came over i asked him, "is this a guy thing?" pointing to the tv and the music. he laughed and said no. then, the next day we go visit his sister and guess what? she's got the tv on and the radio at the same time! lol

it was a family thing, not a guy thing.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We tried to stay at the Big Apple that night we ended up in that nasty hotel. It was the night of our engagement and we wanted some privacy away from the family. The Big Apple was full. It looked very nice.

To the girl who asked.........did you want more suggestions then just MoBay? Someone else mentioned Negril. I'm sure we could come up with many more recommendations for you. I thought you just wanted MoBay.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You ladies crack me up! I am debating on getting cable or satellite when Marlon gets here but after reading some of the horror stories here I dunno! lol I do know that Marlon is big time into horror and action films and I too have fallen asleep during them! :blink: I am more of the romantic comedy/comedy/sci-fi type.

Rhonda: I am so sorry to hear that Tony is soooo pigheaded! You WILL talk him out of it and ALL will work out! Hang in there as you are a strong and smart woman!

i was thinking about doing the same thing. he says he has to has the fox soccer channel, and i was hoping that with a dish we could also get some carribean channels too. only thing is i kinda like getting internet and cable all lumped together in one bill.

I was wondering the same thing but I chose Satellite dish instead. I had Comcast at my last apt but the bill was getting out of hand. Now we have Satellite for 4 tv w/DVR's and my bill is only $65 a month w/two premium channels. Not only that it has way more channels.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my fiance has never had cable, and when we stay together in a hotel the tv is constantly on. his addiction: sports (specifically soccer & cricket).

Neil didn't have cable either, they only got on channel in yard JTV :blink: He didn't watch much tv. The few times we stayed in a hotel it was music vidoes, music vidoes and more music vidoes :wacko: Oh and how did I forget to soccer and cricket :blink:

One more thing.... Is channel surfing a man thing??? Or is it just my mans thing?

i'm more of the music video junkie. i don't usually just sit and watch tv, so i turn on some music and while i'm doing other things. i could definitely live without cable.

my man on the other hand, will watch the 2 or 3 channels he's got regardless of whether he likes the show or not. one night he was watching pretty woman! lol

he does a lot of channel surfing too, especially during commercial breaks on the sports channel. a few times he's even tried to be considerate and hands me the remote. i just look at him and say, "i don't want that thing."

he has a strange habit that i thought was a guy thing. he'll have the tv on some soccer and then turn on some music. so you can hear sports and music at the same time. it's a sensory overload for me and i can't stand it. so when his boy came over i asked him, "is this a guy thing?" pointing to the tv and the music. he laughed and said no. then, the next day we go visit his sister and guess what? she's got the tv on and the radio at the same time! lol

it was a family thing, not a guy thing.

What's wrong with "Pretty Woman"? The first time Andre saw it, just about a month ago, he loved it.

The place where we live right now is THE BEST for cable. We get every single channel I can imagine, including On Demand, for $35 a month. Our landlord pays for it and divides it by the 4 apartments. I will be spoiled once we move. We'll never be able to afford all of it again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

i was thinking about doing the same thing. he says he has to has the fox soccer channel, and i was hoping that with a dish we could also get some carribean channels too. only thing is i kinda like getting internet and cable all lumped together in one bill.

I have AT&T. I get my DSL, phone, & Dish all on one bill and I get a discount b/c of my phone and internet service.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Timeline

That's an idea I will have to check into, thanks!

We tried to stay at the Big Apple that night we ended up in that nasty hotel. It was the night of our engagement and we wanted some privacy away from the family. The Big Apple was full. It looked very nice.

To the girl who asked.........did you want more suggestions then just MoBay? Someone else mentioned Negril. I'm sure we could come up with many more recommendations for you. I thought you just wanted MoBay.

My fiance know too many people in Negril. We always end up meeting up with some of his friends there. He wants us to be alone..away from family and friends. So, I'm thinking Mobay or Runaway Bay or Ocho Rios area. I've stayed at Rose Hall Resort in Rose Hall (near Mo bay) and it was nice..but they are going through construction over the summer and ZERO rooms are available for my time period.

I have cable now but I'm considering satellite because it seems to offer more channels for the same that I'm paying now. I'm not going to change anything until my fiance gets here, so I'll have to see what's available at that time. I'll definitely have to have something, he watches plenty of TV. I hardly watch TV, so it doesn't matter to me.

kimmy, my fiance did his medical at Tangerine Place. I'm really nervous about the interview, keep trying to think of anything that I may have missed as far as documentation. I'm not going to be happy again until I get the phone call from him afterward.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.