Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Ladies, we all know that long distance is rough, my fiance and I we seem to argue every day, I think there is so much things you can talk about and once it gets past that some tension tend to develop, I sometimes wonder if I deliberabely see out controversies with her just to feel like the relationship is just not a figment of my imagination.

What are you opinions on that.

Now is not the time to be doubting just cause you are frustrated on the journey. It will soon be over and all this will be something you will say "did it all really happen?". Hang in there.

I agree with Jomo, don't give up now. Everything seem so much more difficult when u cannot see emotions. I went thru the same thing mostly b/c of hormones when I was pregnant. I would find everything to argue about. Mostly b/c cause I was gonna be by myself when our daughter was born. If anyone tells u it is always joy and happy times, I doubt that for sure. Just hang in there. Maybe u can try not talking so often and see how that goes. Don't give up though.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Can someone tell me what stuff we submit that they keep at the interview. I mean like birth certificate and stuff like that. I just wonder if I'll get back my original or if he will get back his original. Or do they keep everything that they ask for?

They kept the original birth certifercates when we went to the interview. The originals will be returned to you in the brown envelope that you'll receive along with your visa.

Welcome Clairern best wishes on your journey :thumbs:

Andre did not get his back at all. I ended up just ordering some recently from the RDG so we would have another to renew his passport later this year.

I wasn't expecting to get them back and had planned on ordering a new one for myself... I was suprised to see that they had been returned.

Dwain receivied his too. We recieved the birgh certificate and marriage license.

they want my orginal birth certificate????? I have a huge problem with that as I'm from the U.K. and wouldn't know the first about getting it replaced. Why can't they just use the bio page from my passport??

does the embassy take both birth certificates? i was thinking they may only want the beneficiary's.

They only take his certificate

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I called the IRS today and still no ITIN number. They couldn't even find his paper that I sent in April. They apologized but said they have an overload of applications ugh. I really want our tax refund it would help get the car :(

You should hear something soon. We mailed ours on 3/28 and our ITIN was issued on 5/19 and entered on 5/23. I then sent my state return the following day. I still haven't recv'd the letter w/the actually # in writing. I cld the IRS yesterday and was told my return was processed and should recv my refund via direct deposit on 6/22.

The whole process can take up to 12 wks and you have to stay on them esp once the ITIN has been processed. I cld several times after and was told I should resend my return b/c it wasn't recv'd. :blink: How could that be? If that was the case then the W7 app would have been rejected? Even the lady said you're right. :wacko: Duh, it's your job to know this. Them ppl have no sense.

Thanks Anna I will call and give them a hard time next week. Ugh I want that refund so we can buy that PT cruiser.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Other Timeline
I have a question for the moms and moms to be: Did you drink at all during your pregnancy? Is it really ok to have ONE glass of wine or ONE drink occasionally? I have 1 more week and then I'll be into my 2nd trimester. I'm wondering if I might be able to have a drink in JA while we're on our vacation..... :unsure:

Hello all!

It's best to ask your doctor, but I have had a glass of wine or two while pregnant.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Does anyone have an idea how long the Embassy take to answer emails? I sent an email on Thursday and was just wondering when I should expect an answer.

Sometimes never!

Took the words right out of my mouth. :wacko:

Hey guys I am restarting your great thread as it got too big and slowed down the server some.

Link to the old thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22717

Hey guys, I am new to the site, discovered it while surfing the net researching ways to get my new found love to join me here in the US without waiting forever. I am obsessed with this site. I log on every day reading all the interesting pointers and the various journies/experiences that you all have been through. My eyes have been opened so greatly. I am amazed at the process and trying to understand the language and different steps to achieving this goal. After having lived here for over 20 years and not thinking I would need immigration at some point, I am clueless as to the proper way/steps to follow. I have no doubt that you guys will be there for me when I officially start the process.

BIG UP

Welcome!!

Timeline
Ladies I have a big dilemma. Tony wants to go to Louisiana to work for 8 months! :o The work would start in September. The baby is due in December. He says he would come home on weekends. I have a HUGE problem with this and he doesn't seem to understand or he just doesnt' care. All he sees are $$$ signs. I do not want to be a single mom. This is my first baby - I am scared to death :( I do not want a weekend relationship with my husband - I want him there every day. I had enough of long distance relationship BS when he was still in Jamaica.

Not to mention, there are no direct flights from there to Detroit and the flights cost about $400 each!! That would be $1600 a month in plane fares plus he would have to rent an apartment down there for during the week. He doesn't seem to understand the insanity of his plan. The more I try to talk him out of it, the more stubborn and determined he is to make it happen. Please advise :help::crying:

I would write out a list of cost on a piece of paper and go over the budget with him. My temper in this sistution would be crazy mad. Good luck girl. Dwain wanted to play on a crusie ship or be a trucker driver. We talked it out and we went over a budget on paper when he got here. He understands clearly and isn't so crazy about these jobs. Rhonda I am sorry this is happening to you during your pregancy. I would talk to him and try to reason with him. I told Dwain if he wanted to gig like in Las Vegas I would find a teaching job there and we would move but we both would need to have employment there. Let us know how it goes.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Ladies I have a big dilemma. Tony wants to go to Louisiana to work for 8 months! :o The work would start in September. The baby is due in December. He says he would come home on weekends. I have a HUGE problem with this and he doesn't seem to understand or he just doesnt' care. All he sees are $$$ signs. I do not want to be a single mom. This is my first baby - I am scared to death :( I do not want a weekend relationship with my husband - I want him there every day. I had enough of long distance relationship BS when he was still in Jamaica.

Not to mention, there are no direct flights from there to Detroit and the flights cost about $400 each!! That would be $1600 a month in plane fares plus he would have to rent an apartment down there for during the week. He doesn't seem to understand the insanity of his plan. The more I try to talk him out of it, the more stubborn and determined he is to make it happen. Please advise :help::crying:

Lay it out for him in dollars and cents. add up how much he will be making and then subtract the plane tickets (because he will be paying for them) and apartment costs and let him see his real profit. Is he working now, he probably wants to make a significant contribution to household, if he's not working.

Yes, great points, and I say lay on the "I'm pregant and I need your presence support :unsure::blush: ," :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wrote the embassy last evening and "cussed them out" and they responded to me immediately here is my letter:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

My receipt number is My name is Leroy... Petitioner

for Finace Venessia...My I-29F was approved on May 22

The file was received from NVC on the June 1st.

I was further given the date of July 3rd to drop off my DS-230 via email

request, that would make it one month just to drop off one form.

Given that I was given this very long date to drop off the DS-230 form,

my request is if you could Kindly provide me with package 4 on that date

and I'm also requesting and interview date.

Please let me know if it is possible to give us an interview date at

this time. If not I'm asking if we could drop off the form any earlier.

I'm making this request because of the length of time which we were

given just to drop off this one form could possible given unforseen

circumstances, set our interview date back. We have the DS-230 form

downloaded and properly filled out. "

Actually I was aware that they would not be able to give me an interview date yet, I just wanted to sound a little ignorant.

Here is their response:

Dear Mr....:

An appointment has been scheduled for June 19th at 12:30 for your

fiancee to submit her Ds-230 pt 1. Unfortunately, and appointment for

interview is approximately a month and a half after she submits the

form. In the future, please refer to the case number, which is

#### instead of receipt number.

Best Regards,

Immigrant Visa unit

:devil::whistle:

Good for you !! :devil:

Yeah thats great. I wrote them a similar email on Monday and they responded saying that the interview would be set up approximately two and a half months from now. My fiance and I find that hard to believe so we are just hoping that out date comes through sooner than that. I'm guessing that it will be some time in August. My fiance is pissed off because he is eager to come here and find work and be close to me. I guess patience is the virtue here because obviously the person that responded to my email did not want to take the time and look to see if an interview date has been scheduled or not. Our DS-230 form has been send back (6/4/07) and we are just waiting for pkt#4 to get the exact date. They are so full of ####### because it just seems to me that they are unorganized and that is why the time frame is so damn long.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Girl I can totally see what your saying..def need a serious talk. I just had to shut down my husband his job wants him to go to Trinidad, I said YOU MUST BE OUT OF UR DAMN MIND ! Where does he think he's going NOW..u have an interview in 1 1/2 mth...got to be kidding..but hang in there...do the pro/con talk

:lol::lol:

Timeline
Hello Ladies, we all know that long distance is rough, my fiance and I we seem to argue every day, I think there is so much things you can talk about and once it gets past that some tension tend to develop, I sometimes wonder if I deliberabely see out controversies with her just to feel like the relationship is just not a figment of my imagination.

What are you opinions on that.

when he was in Jamaica are conversations were short. We didn't have much to talk about after a decade. I let him enjoy his last months with his friends. He is here now and very needy. He misses me when I am a way from work. I get home and we have to be in the same room until we go to bed. I tell him when I go to bed and he says wait I am coming too. It is really different now. We are getting along great and thanks to my father he has his independence. He drove into Elmhurst today to hangout with friends since I had a long work day. He is going to hangout again on Thursday. It is nice to have some separte time. It is good for him to have guy time too. Trust me the phone calls will soon be over and it will be a different ball game.

Calling Dwain every day for a couple minutes made us happy. We called to say I love you and how was your day. We didn't need to argue over the little stuff. She will soon be here all the best.

Girl I can totally see what your saying..def need a serious talk. I just had to shut down my husband his job wants him to go to Trinidad, I said YOU MUST BE OUT OF UR DAMN MIND ! Where does he think he's going NOW..u have an interview in 1 1/2 mth...got to be kidding..but hang in there...do the pro/con talk

:lol::lol:

Dwain was the same way LOL. He wanted to tour with an artist and I said HELL NO!!! This was 5 months before his interview. He just admitted that he wish he would of come up earlier. I could just ahahah

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
He calls me "madam miserable" but it's all good. :lol: We both have flaws but our love is too strong to let it interfer.

Mine too. Pisses me off :angry::yes::lol::lol:

Same here he says I am a misserable old lady. Whatever :lol::whistle:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

He said that he's afraid that he won't be able to find a job but they are available…I have access to the job listings. By the time he came around…the job closed. He didn't see the benefits until it was too late. But trust me, I understand his concerns…leaving JA, coming here to a life and job which he loves so much then going back.

Someone just told me that same job is available in Nairobi, Kenya….I won't waste my breathe on that one.

So, are you going? D gave me the same response. I'm thinking about going into the Navy. He's like what am "I going to do"? I seh work same way!

He calls me "madam miserable" but it's all good. :lol: We both have flaws but our love is too strong to let it interfer.

Even worse, he thinks it's curable with sex. Yeah right! whatever! but I'll tak it :devil::lol:

Timeline

Even worse, he thinks it's curable with sex. Yeah right! whatever! but I'll tak it :devil::lol:

Oh my now that is funny :lol: :lol:

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.