Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys I am restarting your great thread as it got too big and slowed down the server some.

Link to the old thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22717

Hey guys, I am new to the site, discovered it while surfing the net researching ways to get my new found love to join me here in the US without waiting forever. I am obsessed with this site. I log on every day reading all the interesting pointers and the various journies/experiences that you all have been through. My eyes have been opened so greatly. I am amazed at the process and trying to understand the language and different steps to achieving this goal. After having lived here for over 20 years and not thinking I would need immigration at some point, I am clueless as to the proper way/steps to follow. I have no doubt that you guys will be there for me when I officially start the process.

BIG UP

Welcome Clairern!! All the best with your visa journey!

So I got my bank verification letter today. All it has is the date my account was opened and the current amount! I'm pissed because the lady I spoke with from the bank assured me that it would include the total amount of deposits for the last year. I paid $10.00 for that piece of ####### that ain't gonna help me! So, did anyone print out ALL of their bank statements for the 12 month period for the interview??? :help:

No only 3 and my bank is on the internet. They didn't even look at bank statements.

Phew thanks!

Also welcome to Clairern!!!

No problem. Don't stress to much about the interview it will go fine.

Thanks! I really appreciate that! You know how the mind works and all the lil niggly "what ifs"! lol

Yep I understand LOL. Just make sure you have an organized folder and it will go smoothly. Everyone was ewwing and ahhing over my organization. Just send Marlon an organized folder and things will go smoothly. I wonder why I even worried in the first place. All the best.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys I am restarting your great thread as it got too big and slowed down the server some.

Link to the old thread:

Hey guys, I am new to the site, discovered it while surfing the net researching ways to get my new found love to join me here in the US without waiting forever. I am obsessed with this site. I log on every day reading all the interesting pointers and the various journies/experiences that you all have been through. My eyes have been opened so greatly. I am amazed at the process and trying to understand the language and different steps to achieving this goal. After having lived here for over 20 years and not thinking I would need immigration at some point, I am clueless as to the proper way/steps to follow. I have no doubt that you guys will be there for me when I officially start the process.

BIG UP

So I got my bank verification letter today. All it has is the date my account was opened and the current amount! I'm pissed because the lady I spoke with from the bank assured me that it would include the total amount of deposits for the last year. I paid $10.00 for that piece of ####### that ain't gonna help me! So, did anyone print out ALL of their bank statements for the 12 month period for the interview??? :help:

No only 3 and my bank is on the internet. They didn't even look at bank statements.

Phew thanks!

Thanks! I really appreciate that! You know how the mind works and all the lil niggly "what ifs"! lol

Yep I understand LOL. Just make sure you have an organized folder and it will go smoothly. Everyone was ewwing and ahhing over my organization. Just send Marlon an organized folder and things will go smoothly. I wonder why I even worried in the first place. All the best.

Can you suggest what type of folder that is not too heavy and can be sent at a lower cost?

Timeline

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

Welcome Clairern..I was in ur shoe just recently..Thanks to the guys here I can say I know a whole lot more...Welcome again..ask away

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Who was is that said they had the medical not at the Hope Rd. location but it was cheap and included shots?

That was me, I don't think my fiance paid much more than $100.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

Phew thanks!

Can you suggest what type of folder that is not too heavy and can be sent at a lower cost?

I would to know as well..cause I can't send my husband to get anything at the styore..come back with something totally different. Right now he has all the stuff in an evelope and album, cards, letters all thatother stuff separate, he's want to take the in a bookbag :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Who was is that said they had the medical not at the Hope Rd. location but it was cheap and included shots?

Hey I did a search, this may help..This was posted some time ago

Because of the way the info was formatted, it's a little scrambled and I'm trying to unscramble it. This is what I got:

MoBay Hope Medical Centre

Half Moon Shopping Village

Rose Hall, Montego Bay

(876)926-7401-3 (I'll assume that means 7401, 7402 and 7403)

US$95 for adults

Andrews Memorial Hospital

27 Hope Road

Kingston 10

(876)953-3981

US$90 for adults

Dr. Michael Banbury

Medical Associates Hospital

18 Tangerine PI

St. James

Kingston 10

(876)908-2123

US$80 for adults

Can someone please let me know if I have lined the information up correctly, matched all the names, addresses and phone numbers?

Timeline

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

Phew thanks!

Just a paper one with the metal clasp in it. You shouldn't have to spend more than 10 cents for one. Then whole punch the copied items and buy a few plastic sleves for the orginal items.

Just a paper one with the metal clasp in it. You shouldn't have to spend more than 10 cents for one. Then whole punch the copied items and buy a few plastic sleves for the orginal items.

Looks good Kimmy!! it cost about 100 bucks in MoBay

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
We have been planning for one ever since the wedding. It just hasn't happened yet.

It's kinda hard when you're in 2 different countries :lol: Don't worry, now that he's here, baby soon come!

I think we are waiting a few months now. No kids until Dwain finshes his first year of college he says. I think it cause he wants that blue PT cruiser we saw at the dealer. He told me he would get a job to pay the car payment. We will see if the car is still there once he gets his license. :whistle: Thinking about having a kid now next summer when I am finished with school so planning for May, June or July :blush: . Hope it works.

I called the IRS today and still no ITIN number. They couldn't even find his paper that I sent in April. They apologized but said they have an overload of applications ugh. I really want our tax refund it would help get the car :(

Rhonda have a wonderful night!!

Michele how are things going?

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
We have been planning for one ever since the wedding. It just hasn't happened yet.

It's kinda hard when you're in 2 different countries :lol: Don't worry, now that he's here, baby soon come!

I think we are waiting a few months now. No kids until Dwain finshes his first year of college he says. I think it cause he wants that blue PT cruiser we saw at the dealer. He told me he would get a job to pay the car payment. We will see if the car is still there once he gets his license. :whistle: Thinking about having a kid now next summer when I am finished with school so planning for May, June or July :blush: . Hope it works.

I called the IRS today and still no ITIN number. They couldn't even find his paper that I sent in April. They apologized but said they have an overload of applications ugh. I really want our tax refund it would help get the car :(

Rhonda have a wonderful night!!

Michele how are things going?

I am right there with you on the kid planning stage!

Hey I did a search, this may help..This was posted some time ago

Because of the way the info was formatted, it's a little scrambled and I'm trying to unscramble it. This is what I got:

MoBay Hope Medical Centre

Half Moon Shopping Village

Rose Hall, Montego Bay

(876)926-7401-3 (I'll assume that means 7401, 7402 and 7403)

US$95 for adults

Andrews Memorial Hospital

27 Hope Road

Kingston 10

(876)953-3981

US$90 for adults

Dr. Michael Banbury

Medical Associates Hospital

18 Tangerine PI

St. James

Kingston 10

(876)908-2123

US$80 for adults

Can someone please let me know if I have lined the information up correctly, matched all the names, addresses and phone numbers?

That's it, thanks! It was the tangerine place... place. :lol: I don't know how much he said it was, I need to ask him.

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

Can someone tell me what stuff we submit that they keep at the interview. I mean like birth certificate and stuff like that. I just wonder if I'll get back my original or if he will get back his original. Or do they keep everything that they ask for?

K-1

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

5/30/07 - Medical

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/27/07 - RFE returned

I think you're not suppose to drink if you breast feed as well.

Yeah, if you drink you're supposed to "pump and dump"!! :wacko: It's probably not worth the hassle!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Get used to being "dry" - cause with breastfeeding, liquor will be off the list for a looonngg time. Had to have a virgin margarita at lunch yesterday :crying: but it's all for good cause :)

Yeah, I had a virgin strawberry daiquiri a few weeks ago and it actually tasted good!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how long the Embassy take to answer emails? I sent an email on Thursday and was just wondering when I should expect an answer.

I don't know if they have improved or not, but they never answered half of my e-mails! And when they did, it took forever.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.