Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jengles i want to thank you for posting that phone number. it saved so much time! your husband should definitely pick up the interview letter. the lady i spoke to today said that everything he'll need was in the packet including the ds-230 and medical forms. so does that mean that packet 3 and packet 4 are now combined into one?

mail in jamaica is crazy. i've sent things from mobay to morant bay (east coast) and it takes anywhere between 3-5 months to arrive. i'm curious how long the packet that was sent on may 31st will take to reach him in mobay.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I also called the embassy today. The lady told me as soon as they get the DS-230 we will get an interview date. She also mentioned that it would be in August. We are still going to have a courier take the part 1 to the embassy tomorrow. She told me that the packet was mailed out today to Donna. They received 6 packets today.

where in jamaica does your fiancee live? since my fiance lives so far away it'll be much better for him to pick up his packet and drop off the ds-230 at the same time. we don't want to wait 3 months for a packet to arrive in the mail.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I also called the embassy today. The lady told me as soon as they get the DS-230 we will get an interview date. She also mentioned that it would be in August. We are still going to have a courier take the part 1 to the embassy tomorrow. She told me that the packet was mailed out today to Donna. They received 6 packets today.

where in jamaica does your fiancee live? since my fiance lives so far away it'll be much better for him to pick up his packet and drop off the ds-230 at the same time. we don't want to wait 3 months for a packet to arrive in the mail.

Donna lives there in Kingston. She works about 60 hours a week, so it's hard for to get away from work to go to the embassy.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Are the tins of ackee any good? Dwain said they aren't great.

They aren't hugely different from the real thing.....And definitely worth getting when you have NO prospect of getting REALL ackee!

Yea I don't think there is a big diffence either. It taste more like the butter ackee vs the cheese but I LOVE both. My grandmother have both trees in the yard (ground). Here in Chicago it varies from $11.99-15.99 depending on the store.

O.K. Thanks :). What do you guys use for salt fish? Cod???

U can use Cod fish...not much difference..some people call it that..

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline

So I got my bank verification letter today. All it has is the date my account was opened and the current amount! I'm pissed because the lady I spoke with from the bank assured me that it would include the total amount of deposits for the last year. I paid $10.00 for that piece of ####### that ain't gonna help me! So, did anyone print out ALL of their bank statements for the 12 month period for the interview??? :help:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys I am restarting your great thread as it got too big and slowed down the server some.

Link to the old thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22717

Hey guys, I am new to the site, discovered it while surfing the net researching ways to get my new found love to join me here in the US without waiting forever. I am obsessed with this site. I log on every day reading all the interesting pointers and the various journies/experiences that you all have been through. My eyes have been opened so greatly. I am amazed at the process and trying to understand the language and different steps to achieving this goal. After having lived here for over 20 years and not thinking I would need immigration at some point, I am clueless as to the proper way/steps to follow. I have no doubt that you guys will be there for me when I officially start the process.

BIG UP

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
So I got my bank verification letter today. All it has is the date my account was opened and the current amount! I'm pissed because the lady I spoke with from the bank assured me that it would include the total amount of deposits for the last year. I paid $10.00 for that piece of ####### that ain't gonna help me! So, did anyone print out ALL of their bank statements for the 12 month period for the interview??? :help:

i would be calling them right back and telling them that they didn't do what they said they'd do. i've saved all my bank statements from the past year and included them with the i-134 even though i have a bank letter. i just wanted to be as thorough as possible.

now here's what has me confused....i don't remember reading that the bio page from the passport was necessary to go with the ds-230. which page is the bio page?

i would be calling them right back and telling them that they didn't do what they said they'd do. i've saved all my bank statements from the past year and included them with the i-134 even though i have a bank letter. i just wanted to be as thorough as possible.

now here's what has me confused....i don't remember reading that the bio page from the passport was necessary to go with the ds-230. which page is the bio page?

The first page with the photo and information on it. It was just an idea really, not a requirement. As far as the bank statements go, I will be printing out ALL of the statements since May 2006. I need to call back and speak to a banker and have them either correct their mistake or gimme my money back!

Timeline

What is the current address for the US embassy in Kingston? The address in my letter from the State Department is different from the address on their web site.

AOS Journey:

27-Nov-2007 Married

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

What is the current address for the US embassy in Kingston? The address in my letter from the State Department is different from the address on their web site.

Isn't this the new address?

U.S. Embassy Kingston, Jamaica,

Consular Services

142 Old Hope Road,

Kingston 6,

Jamaica,

W.I.

Timeline
Hey guys I am restarting your great thread as it got too big and slowed down the server some.

Link to the old thread:

Hey guys, I am new to the site, discovered it while surfing the net researching ways to get my new found love to join me here in the US without waiting forever. I am obsessed with this site. I log on every day reading all the interesting pointers and the various journies/experiences that you all have been through. My eyes have been opened so greatly. I am amazed at the process and trying to understand the language and different steps to achieving this goal. After having lived here for over 20 years and not thinking I would need immigration at some point, I am clueless as to the proper way/steps to follow. I have no doubt that you guys will be there for me when I officially start the process.

BIG UP

Welcome Clairern!! All the best with your visa journey!

No only 3 and my bank is on the internet. They didn't even look at bank statements.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Consular Services

142 Old Hope Road,

Kingston 6,

Jamaica,

W.I.

The letter states that the case will be processed at:

Kingston

Embassy of the United States

Jamaica Mutual Life Center, 2 Oxford Road 3rd Fl

Kingston 5,

Jamaica

Is this the address to sent in the DS-230?

AOS Journey:

27-Nov-2007 Married

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

No only 3 and my bank is on the internet. They didn't even look at bank statements.

Phew thanks!

Also welcome to Clairern!!!

Consular Services

142 Old Hope Road,

Kingston 6,

Jamaica,

W.I.

The letter states that the case will be processed at:

Kingston

Embassy of the United States

Jamaica Mutual Life Center, 2 Oxford Road 3rd Fl

Kingston 5,

Jamaica

Is this the address to sent in the DS-230?

I am not sure then. Perhaps a member who recently did the interview could clarify?

Timeline

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

Phew thanks!

No problem. Don't stress to much about the interview it will go fine.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Link to the old thread:

BIG UP

Phew thanks!

No problem. Don't stress to much about the interview it will go fine.

Thanks! I really appreciate that! You know how the mind works and all the lil niggly "what ifs"! lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.