Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

We have been planning for one ever since the wedding. It just hasn't happened yet.

It's kinda hard when you're in 2 different countries :lol: Don't worry, now that he's here, baby soon come!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the moms and moms to be: Did you drink at all during your pregnancy? Is it really ok to have ONE glass of wine or ONE drink occasionally? I have 1 more week and then I'll be into my 2nd trimester. I'm wondering if I might be able to have a drink in JA while we're on our vacation..... :unsure:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question for the moms and moms to be: Did you drink at all during your pregnancy? Is it really ok to have ONE glass of wine or ONE drink occasionally? I have 1 more week and then I'll be into my 2nd trimester. I'm wondering if I might be able to have a drink in JA while we're on our vacation..... :unsure:

i think just ONE glass of wine will be ok....the mom i first nannied for was in Paris like 4 months before she gave birth and she had a couple of glasses and her dr. said it was ok...not thrilled about her flying but said a couple of glasses will be ok...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i've actually had to do some research on this topic lately. i adopted my little boy out of foster care and we've had a lot of problems lately. he was just diagnosed with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and has brain damage as a result of it. he's a very handsome fella and he didn't have the obvious facial deformities and mental retardation which is why it went unnoticed for so long. he had subtle indicators like crooked fingers & toes, a flat philtrum, and a flat nasal bridge. everything i've read and heard about alcohol & pregnancy says that there is NO safe amount of alcohol because every fetus tolerates it differently. fetal alcohol syndrome can range from mild to severe, and alcohol exposure during different stages can cause varying effects. my son's doctor gave me a book about FAS and it said that FAS is starting to become prevalent in the upper-class population because doctors have told their pregnant patients that a little alcohol won't hurt the baby before conclusive research has been performed.

rhonda, i do know that the more a pregnant woman drinks, the higher the risk. i know other women who have had just one glass of wine during pregnancy and their children have turned out fine. please just be very careful. study up on what exactly what stage of development your baby is in during the time that you're in jamaica. alcohol affects whatever is developing at the time. there are children with FAS who don't have any facial deformities because there was no exposure during the time of facial development.

here's a website you can peruse if you're interested.

http://www.come-over.to/FASCRC/

Edited by MyDestinyAwaits

I didn't drink during either pregnancy, I heard the medical advice saying that the occasional drink should be ok, but decided just wasn't worth ANY risk.

I'm not a big drinker at all, so wasn't much of a difference anyway.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Are the tins of ackee any good? Dwain said they aren't great.

They aren't hugely different from the real thing.....And definitely worth getting when you have NO prospect of getting REALL ackee!

Yea I don't think there is a big diffence either. It taste more like the butter ackee vs the cheese but I LOVE both. My grandmother have both trees in the yard (ground). Here in Chicago it varies from $11.99-15.99 depending on the store.

O.K. Thanks :). What do you guys use for salt fish? Cod???

We use salt fish. Get it at the same international grocery store we get nearly everything else at.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's a question for the moms: were your children planned or miracle surprises after the K1/K3/CR1 visa process?

Ours was planned. I went off the Pill shortly before our 2 yr. wedding anniversary.

Appleton and coke has been my best friend lately to get through these sleepless nights.............june 19th can't come soon enuff.

:crying: I'm dying for some Jamaican rum & Coke!! And I can't drink for at least 6 more months!!

Beer smelled good to me when I went to dinner w/ my mom :blink: and it wasn't Red Stripe. I think it was Miller or Budweiser *yuck*

Get used to being "dry" - cause with breastfeeding, liquor will be off the list for a looonngg time. Had to have a virgin margarita at lunch yesterday :crying: but it's all for good cause :)

Hey everyone!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey...I got married when I was pregnant and my doctor told me "have fun have a glass " :innocent: I think a glass is fine just can't over do it you..we all know the effects of that....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

They aren't hugely different from the real thing.....And definitely worth getting when you have NO prospect of getting REALL ackee!

Yea I don't think there is a big diffence either. It taste more like the butter ackee vs the cheese but I LOVE both. My grandmother have both trees in the yard (ground). Here in Chicago it varies from $11.99-15.99 depending on the store.

U can use Cod fish...not much difference..some people call it that..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

I feel ya girl. I'm having all these bizarre dreams and crazy thoughts. When I first started this process, I felt so lost and overwhelmed by all the paperwork....like if this really happens it would be a freeking miracle..and now the time is upon us. Appleton and coke has been my best friend lately to get through these sleepless nights.............june 19th can't come soon enuff. What time is your interview again? ours is at 7:15am...

Damn, I can't remember. 7:30? 8? Something like that. I might be wrong, it might be 12 or 12:30. I'll ask when I speak to him later. I keep wondering if I gave him enough stuff, if all of the paperwork is in order, and worst of all, worrying that he'll be denied for some reason. I don't know what I would do. :(

I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

Hey, are you going to the interview with your fiance?

I can't, there's no way. :( I was just there recently, I can't go back again so soon. And I couldn't take the time from work.

I'm with u on this...I was just there in April for 3wks..I can get days off but the money is not so eay, just moved, still have to eat and all that. God is with them so they will be fine, you can use that money to get the ticket and little last minute stuff...

Timeline

No I don't like cod fish. I buy salt fish from our local ethic market. It's real high, usually get a good piece for $6+.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.