Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just curious, what does breast-feeding have to do with never being sick?? I never breast fed my son and knock on wood, the last time he was actually sick was about 4 yrs ago. He never ever gets sick, has white straight teeth (takes after my side of the family). He had his adenoids/tonsils out when he was 5 but other than that??

I've been doing some research on this myself for obvious reasons :blush:

Breastfeeding protects your baby from gastrointestinal trouble, respiratory problems, and ear infections

• Breastfeeding can protect your baby from developing allergies.

• Breastfeeding may boost your child's intelligence

• Breastfeeding may protect against obesity later in life

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from childhood leukemia

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from developing type 1 diabetes

• Breastfeeding may protect preemies from infections and high blood pressure later in life

• Breastfeeding may lower your baby's risk of SIDS

I pumped with my son and stopped at 6 months then he promptly developed ezcema due to being alergic to oatmeal cereal. both his fathe and myself have asthma and he's never had an astham attack. Wtih this child I sill also pump but will try and do it for a year.

When I told my husband I was going to breastfeed he didn't even give me a chance to explain. He went through the roof. I had to explain pumping to him and let him know pumping will give him a chance to feed her also. Now he likes the idea.

Wow! I totally want kids but thinking about breastfeeding and pumping blows my mind!!! I'll be sure to get some advice from you ladies when the time comes. I don't want kids until Marlon is working and we are more financially settled.

Here's a question for the moms: were your children planned or miracle surprises after the K1/K3/CR1 visa process?

Our daughter was planned by my HUSBAND...wedding plans were under way..and he decided he didn't want to wait...so we go tmarried in May and our sunsine was born in September..Wasn't due for 5 more weeks :)

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
So I think I'll be going the courier route to send in the DS 230 to the US Embassy. It seems like we have a chance to get an appointment ASAP. Like you FutureMrs I'm hoping for a July interview...and he'll be here as soon as he pick up the visa from airpack. Hell...he'll be ready to pick up and go to the airport. Okay, I'm being silly...LOL. :jest::D

Hahhaha... :lol: girl u crazy..but I am in the same boat as you...i am soooo ready...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Just curious, what does breast-feeding have to do with never being sick?? I never breast fed my son and knock on wood, the last time he was actually sick was about 4 yrs ago. He never ever gets sick, has white straight teeth (takes after my side of the family). He had his adenoids/tonsils out when he was 5 but other than that??

Breastfeeding protects your baby from gastrointestinal trouble, respiratory problems, and ear infections

• Breastfeeding may protect preemies from infections and high blood pressure later in life

I pumped with my son and stopped at 6 months then he promptly developed ezcema due to being alergic to oatmeal cereal. both his fathe and myself have asthma and he's never had an astham attack. Wtih this child I sill also pump but will try and do it for a year.

When I told my husband I was going to breastfeed he didn't even give me a chance to explain. He went through the roof. I had to explain pumping to him and let him know pumping will give him a chance to feed her also. Now he likes the idea.

Wow! I totally want kids but thinking about breastfeeding and pumping blows my mind!!! I'll be sure to get some advice from you ladies when the time comes. I don't want kids until Marlon is working and we are more financially settled.

Here's a question for the moms: were your children planned or miracle surprises after the K1/K3/CR1 visa process?

Our daughter was planned by my HUSBAND...wedding plans were under way..and he decided he didn't want to wait...so we go tmarried in May and our sunsine was born in September..Wasn't due for 5 more weeks :)

We have been planning for one ever since the wedding. It just hasn't happened yet.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Definitely a suprise.....

I was really worried about how his parents were going to react, being that they knew we were seeing one another, but had no idea we were planning to get married, let alone get married within a few months AND have a baby!!

But when he told them, they were over the moon, his mother wanted to know whether we could get married SOONER!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

We have been planning for one ever since the wedding. It just hasn't happened yet.

It will happen when u least expect it...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

Hey, are you going to the interview with your fiance?

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It was planned and I'll be home with the baby when he comes up, so that way, I can show him around and stuff and we'll have some at home time together while i'm on maternity leave before he starts the daily grind

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Are the tins of ackee any good? Dwain said they aren't great.

They aren't hugely different from the real thing.....And definitely worth getting when you have NO prospect of getting REALL ackee!

Yea I don't think there is a big diffence either. It taste more like the butter ackee vs the cheese but I LOVE both. My grandmother have both trees in the yard (ground). Here in Chicago it varies from $11.99-15.99 depending on the store.

O.K. Thanks :). What do you guys use for salt fish? Cod???

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

My dad lent us his car for the summer. So Dwain is very happy he can go visit his best man when I am at work. He is a teacher and off for the summer. He is happy to have someone to play video games with. He was all smile to see his friends yesterday from Elmhurst college. Then we ate at IHOP before going home. Things are going wonderful. We are looking at cars to buy when school starts. Right now he is calling all his friends back home to tell him dad lent him a car :whistle: . Having a supportive family helps. Mom and dad helped us do our wedding invitations for our USA wedding. We have 300 people invited and the big bought for roasting. We need to order tents in case it rains. The wedding in Jamaica was 10 times easier. How did everyones weekend go?

We talked last night and think waiting until Dwain finishes his first year of college would be best. We can't have to many new things happening at once.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
My dad lent us his car for the summer. So Dwain is very happy he can go visit his best man when I am at work. He is a teacher and off for the summer. He is happy to have someone to play video games with. He was all smile to see his friends yesterday from Elmhurst college. Then we ate at IHOP before going home. Things are going wonderful. We are looking at cars to buy when school starts. Right now he is calling all his friends back home to tell him dad lent him a car :whistle: . Having a supportive family helps. Mom and dad helped us do our wedding invitations for our USA wedding. We have 300 people invited and the big bought for roasting. We need to order tents in case it rains. The wedding in Jamaica was 10 times easier. How did everyones weekend go?

We talked last night and think waiting until Dwain finishes his first year of college would be best. We can't have to many new things happening at once.

So happy to hear all is going well so far..hope all conitnues....when couples keep focused u WILL achieve ur goals...

I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

I feel ya girl. I'm having all these bizarre dreams and crazy thoughts. When I first started this process, I felt so lost and overwhelmed by all the paperwork....like if this really happens it would be a freeking miracle..and now the time is upon us. Appleton and coke has been my best friend lately to get through these sleepless nights.............june 19th can't come soon enuff. What time is your interview again? ours is at 7:15am...

Damn, I can't remember. 7:30? 8? Something like that. I might be wrong, it might be 12 or 12:30. I'll ask when I speak to him later. I keep wondering if I gave him enough stuff, if all of the paperwork is in order, and worst of all, worrying that he'll be denied for some reason. I don't know what I would do. :(

Hey, are you going to the interview with your fiance?

I can't, there's no way. :( I was just there recently, I can't go back again so soon. And I couldn't take the time from work.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Wow, wonder if they are different there??

What brand are they??

I get Grace tinned ackees, they taste fine to me!!

I don't remember what brand we bought. Next time I'll look for Grace!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Ours was planned. I went off the Pill shortly before our 2 yr. wedding anniversary.

Appleton and coke has been my best friend lately to get through these sleepless nights.............june 19th can't come soon enuff.

:crying: I'm dying for some Jamaican rum & Coke!! And I can't drink for at least 6 more months!!

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.