Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just curious, what does breast-feeding have to do with never being sick?? I never breast fed my son and knock on wood, the last time he was actually sick was about 4 yrs ago. He never ever gets sick, has white straight teeth (takes after my side of the family). He had his adenoids/tonsils out when he was 5 but other than that??

I've been doing some research on this myself for obvious reasons :blush:

Breastfeeding protects your baby from gastrointestinal trouble, respiratory problems, and ear infections

• Breastfeeding can protect your baby from developing allergies.

• Breastfeeding may boost your child's intelligence

• Breastfeeding may protect against obesity later in life

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from childhood leukemia

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from developing type 1 diabetes

• Breastfeeding may protect preemies from infections and high blood pressure later in life

• Breastfeeding may lower your baby's risk of SIDS

I pumped with my son and stopped at 6 months then he promptly developed ezcema due to being alergic to oatmeal cereal. both his fathe and myself have asthma and he's never had an astham attack. Wtih this child I sill also pump but will try and do it for a year.

When I told my husband I was going to breastfeed he didn't even give me a chance to explain. He went through the roof. I had to explain pumping to him and let him know pumping will give him a chance to feed her also. Now he likes the idea.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

I pumped with my son and stopped at 6 months then he promptly developed ezcema due to being alergic to oatmeal cereal. both his fathe and myself have asthma and he's never had an astham attack. Wtih this child I sill also pump but will try and do it for a year.

When I told my husband I was going to breastfeed he didn't even give me a chance to explain. He went through the roof. I had to explain pumping to him and let him know pumping will give him a chance to feed her also. Now he likes the idea.

Wow, that suprises me!!

Why was he mad???

I had a HUGE argument with mine because I breastfed my son until he was 18 months and wanted to breastfeed this one until he's a year.

He was saying six months was long enough, because it 'just wasn't right' to feed him longer.

We've compromised on nine months, but I'm still kinda pissed that it bothers him that I'm giving his child the best possible start.

I expressed milk with my son and will express for this one, want my son and of course my fiance to be able to bond with him by feeding.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies. Okay so what I want to know is has anybody brought your husbands kids over AFTER they have immigrated here? I hear something about 1 year. Did it have to be done within 1 year of being in the US. NEil came up on K1 visa and it has been 1 year since he arrived. So do we have to start over to immigrate his daughter here or what? Im not sure what I am doing here...I see the guide, but not sure of our situation.

You'll have to start over.

They have some pretty good advice in 'Bringing Family Members to the USA'

For the child to follow on the K2 visa, the child would have to be on the original I-129f petition and enter the US within a 1 yr after the parent. Since Neil pass that stage you will need to start over w/the process. You will go thru the same route as the CR-1 but for a relative not your spouse. You might want to look into that now b/c those fees are going up to $355 for the I-130.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Are the tins of ackee any good? Dwain said they aren't great.

They aren't hugely different from the real thing.....And definitely worth getting when you have NO prospect of getting REALL ackee!

Yea I don't think there is a big diffence either. It taste more like the butter ackee vs the cheese but I LOVE both. My grandmother have both trees in the yard (ground). Here in Chicago it varies from $11.99-15.99 depending on the store.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
I am so nervous and anxious, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next week without an ulcer. :(

Girl, I can imagine how you must feel w/the interview coming up shortly. Every since my case has been sent to NVC I've been having dreams regarding the changes and I'm getting scared. Try not to think about it and take a deep breath. I know it's easier said then done but girl, worrying won't do anything but make it worse. :blush:

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

Wow, that suprises me!!

Why was he mad???

I had a HUGE argument with mine because I breastfed my son until he was 18 months and wanted to breastfeed this one until he's a year.

He was saying six months was long enough, because it 'just wasn't right' to feed him longer.

We've compromised on nine months, but I'm still kinda pissed that it bothers him that I'm giving his child the best possible start.

I expressed milk with my son and will express for this one, want my son and of course my fiance to be able to bond with him by feeding.

he thought i wasn't going to breastfeed at all, he kept on saying but its important for the baby. He didn't even know what formula was.

Filed: Timeline
Just curious, what does breast-feeding have to do with never being sick?? I never breast fed my son and knock on wood, the last time he was actually sick was about 4 yrs ago. He never ever gets sick, has white straight teeth (takes after my side of the family). He had his adenoids/tonsils out when he was 5 but other than that??

I've been doing some research on this myself for obvious reasons :blush:

Breastfeeding protects your baby from gastrointestinal trouble, respiratory problems, and ear infections

• Breastfeeding can protect your baby from developing allergies.

• Breastfeeding may boost your child's intelligence

• Breastfeeding may protect against obesity later in life

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from childhood leukemia

• Breastfeeding may protect your baby from developing type 1 diabetes

• Breastfeeding may protect preemies from infections and high blood pressure later in life

• Breastfeeding may lower your baby's risk of SIDS

Wow! I totally want kids but thinking about breastfeeding and pumping blows my mind!!! I'll be sure to get some advice from you ladies when the time comes. I don't want kids until Marlon is working and we are more financially settled.

Here's a question for the moms: were your children planned or miracle surprises after the K1/K3/CR1 visa process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jlvr, we're all rooting for you! i bet you won't be getting much sleep for a while. but at least your visa journey has reached it's peak. i thought i was losing my mind waiting for the noa2, things are much worse for me now! i just wanna hurry up and get it over with.

so i tried calling the embassy today. you know how you can only call between the hours of 1:30-3:30 on mondays and fridays...

well i started calling at 2:00 jamaica time and tried about 20 times and kept getting the busy signal. when i finally get through, i follow all the prompts and right when i'm supposed to get connected to an operator, i hear a loud beep and the following message:

"i'm sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time. goodbye" and click!

AHHHH! :wacko: I'M SO FRUSTRATED!

i'll try again on monday.

the one bit of good news is that i've got a summer job lined up. i interview on monday!

So I think I'll be going the courier route to send in the DS 230 to the US Embassy. It seems like we have a chance to get an appointment ASAP. Like you FutureMrs I'm hoping for a July interview...and he'll be here as soon as he pick up the visa from airpack. Hell...he'll be ready to pick up and go to the airport. Okay, I'm being silly...LOL. :jest::D

Timeline
jlvr, we're all rooting for you! i bet you won't be getting much sleep for a while. but at least your visa journey has reached it's peak. i thought i was losing my mind waiting for the noa2, things are much worse for me now! i just wanna hurry up and get it over with.

so i tried calling the embassy today. you know how you can only call between the hours of 1:30-3:30 on mondays and fridays...

well i started calling at 2:00 jamaica time and tried about 20 times and kept getting the busy signal. when i finally get through, i follow all the prompts and right when i'm supposed to get connected to an operator, i hear a loud beep and the following message:

"i'm sorry, your call cannot be completed at this time. goodbye" and click!

AHHHH! :wacko: I'M SO FRUSTRATED!

i'll try again on monday.

the one bit of good news is that i've got a summer job lined up. i interview on monday!

try 876-702-6008 - its the direct line instead of going thru all those prompts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I feel ya girl. I'm having all these bizarre dreams and crazy thoughts. When I first started this process, I felt so lost and overwhelmed by all the paperwork....like if this really happens it would be a freeking miracle..and now the time is upon us. Appleton and coke has been my best friend lately to get through these sleepless nights.............june 19th can't come soon enuff. What time is your interview again? ours is at 7:15am...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.