Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Right now I am trying to figure out how we can keep his hair. It will probably need to be shaved in 5 years when he graduates because he has decided to study music ed :dance: .

If there are any black hair supply shops, you could ask there if they know any black hair salons. Just keep trying a few until you find one that's reasonable...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were planning to get married the weekend after I get there anyway....

I've juat downloaded the forms, will have them all filled out and ready by the time I get there, if the worst comes to the worst, they can keep sending me RFEs!!

It may work! I know they tell you to send the "certified" marriage certificate but we didn't. We sent the one our pastor gave us right after the ceremony and it was not a problem. No RFE or anything. Are you applying for the AP and EAD as well?

Yes, applying for everything!!

I'm just going to send in what I have, they can RFE us to death lol!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Other Timeline
I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

hhhmmm i am not sure...i know some people on here have been divorced as well so i am sure they can give you a better answer...but i would think they would just need the divorce decree to make sure it is over so you can marry again....but again i am not sure...maybe ask in the K-1 section someone might know there as well

Hello everyone. (F) Two years ago I brought along my divorce decree and the old marriage license. I had already sent in a copy of both, brought the originals with me. I did not have a problem.

Welcome home Dwain!!

Ditto!!!

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Right now I am trying to figure out how we can keep his hair. It will probably need to be shaved in 5 years when he graduates because he has decided to study music ed :dance: . This is great compared to a police officer. Fewww.

:blink: Why would he have to shave his head to study music ed??? :unsure: That's crazy. Ask around - I'm sure you can find someone who braids hair on the side.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

It's way too quiet in here today. What else am I supposed to do all night when I'm at work? :devil: I only had 1 page to read!!

I'm sending out our paperwork first thing in the morning for the "lifting of conditions" :dance: Everything is finally ready and put together in an orderly fashion! :P

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm thinking at this point due to the whole interview delay, it might be better for me to pursue the I-90 in JA as opposed to adjusting status here, since he will definatly get here after July 30th. It looks like the AOS and EAD will cost $1300.00 after July 30th as opposed to the $540.00 or see I need to pay to continue with the I-90. My question is does will he need to file for advance parole to go to JA seeing that the K-3 in a re-entry visa?

I'm also thinking that this whole delay thing in JA has to do with the new fees coming into effect.

Edited by Jengles

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

I didn't need a certified copy of my marriage certificate. I didn't turn in a copy of the marriage certificate. Just the certified copy of the divorce decree. It's pretty obvious you were married by then.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I'm thinking at this point due to the whole interview delay, it might be better for me to pursue the I-130 in JA as opposed to adjusting status here, since he will definatly get here after July 30th. It looks like the AOS and EAD will cost $1300.00 after July 30th as opposed to the $540.00 or see I need to pay to continue with the I-90. My question is does will he need to file for advance parole to go to JA seeing that the K-3 in a re-entry visa?

I also think this whole interview delay thing in JA has to do with the new increases.

Edited by Jengles

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning everyone i have a question. Do you all declare what you bring to Jamaica everytime you go? I have alot of things this time almost 200 dollars worth of stuff i am wondering how much they will charge me. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning everyone i have a question. Do you all declare what you bring to Jamaica everytime you go? I have alot of things this time almost 200 dollars worth of stuff i am wondering how much they will charge me. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks.

I never declare anything cause I don't want to pay for it. I sneak it in.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I never declare either. Take the tags off and sneak it in any way you can. I also pick a customs line with a male. They seem to be easier to sweet talk into forgetting they might want to check your bags.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's way too quiet in here today. What else am I supposed to do all night when I'm at work? :devil: I only had 1 page to read!!

I'm sending out our paperwork first thing in the morning for the "lifting of conditions" :dance: Everything is finally ready and put together in an orderly fashion! :P

That is so awesome Rhonda. :dance::dance::dance: I hope work is treating you okay these days.

Well we are off to Chicago and off to the beauty salon to see what his hair will cost. Everyone have a blessed day.

I never declare either. Take the tags off and sneak it in any way you can. I also pick a customs line with a male. They seem to be easier to sweet talk into forgetting they might want to check your bags.

Right on never go to a female. That is the only time I got checked.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I didn't need a certified copy of my marriage certificate. I didn't turn in a copy of the marriage certificate. Just the certified copy of the divorce decree. It's pretty obvious you were married by then.

It seems that when dealing with the government that logic does not come into play. Because the packet 3 asks for a certified marriage certificate I ordered mine through usavital.com for $56. I did not want to take off work and drive into downtown Atlanta to get a copy.

Does anyone have a good estimate of days between when Kingston gets the paperwork and the interview? Our paperwork should arrive down there the first of next week. Donna needs to know because of her work. She will need to train someone in order to take her two weeks vacation. She wants to schedule her vacation just before the interivew.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hahah i go in the male lines too i have never gotten checked BUT when i came back to the US the last time i got thouroughly checked they went through all my things i had to go into another room and then a officer met me to get my bags and then checked them all he even asked if my shoes were new, how i got to the airport where were my car keys asked if i paid for my own ticket and how and how much it cost wow.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

the only time I got checked was when I went down for my wedding. then I covienced the customs officer that all my guests were coming down from the states. I told her I knew no one in JA. I find it helps if u put a resort on the slip and say that is where u are staying.

Edited by Jengles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.