Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am thankful that Dwain doesn't smoke and takes me very seriously. It took a while to understand how serious but we were just kids at the time. Now my mom called and she wants to go to the airport too. Were all three going to get him wow I can't believe my parents want to go pick him up :whistle: What a wonderful support team they are for us showing us true love. They have been married 35 years. Alright its time to hope on the road. Thanks for all the welcomes I will let him know.

Not that my husband doesn't take me and our marriage seriously..he very much does...we had no idea of a date and he thought that he could have used "cleansers" to pass his test if he had gotten "time". When u don't realise u have an addiction it's not easy. Most Jamaicans think that they are not addicted or cannot be addicted to weed. Herein lies the "PROBLEM" It has nothing to do with being taken seriously.

O.K.

Good morning all. TIGF

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Good morning and happy friday family!

Jax I'm so happy for you and Dwain!

CONGRATS

:dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Hey guys! Such great news with everyone getting to come HOME!! woo hoo!!!

I have some questions. I am getting married in JA in a couple of weeks and applying for the CR-1 VISA. After the wedding I will be in JA about 5 weeks and if at all possible would like to send off the application with my family when they return to the states while I am still in JA. Only, I will not have the opportunity to change any bills or anything and am not sure exactly the best way to prove its a true marriage..any suggestions? We will add my name to his banking account there, but thats about all we will have.

My second question is how long do you have to stay in Ja before you can have a legal marriage (24 hours or 48 hours?)

Thanks guys!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Getting married in JA all the best. 24 hours until you can get married but I had to file for my marriage certificate 60 days prior to my wedding. You don't need to change any bank accounts to send in your I-130 packet. You just need a certified cashiers check from your bank to send in. For evidence all you need to do is send in a copy of some photos for proof of the wedding and a copy of the marriage certificate that you got that day at your wedding. Change your accounts when you get home. You can use your married name on all the I-130 forms. I still haven't changed my name with Soc Sec. and many other important documents you will be ok.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
jax....so how was his flight???? how does he like things

Hi Shaunna,

He said the flight was long. He liked Subway and love playing the piano last. Besides that we were really tired and I had to get up for work this morning. He got up when I was leaving. I left him my cell phone to call his friends. He called his guy friends here in Elmhurst last night and they asked how the foreign country was. Dwain said great so far. Mom and Dad got a picture of us at the airport and emailed it to everyone that instant with their cell phone. It drives my mom nuts that my dad is connected to the internet 24/7. Dwain was like you emailed it already and to who ahah. Then my mom and dad almost blew the suprise party for him this Sunday. Saying you better rest up for all the parties you are going through but he didn't get luckily because we have 2 to attend this evening.

He has about 100 staff members to meet tonight at the two school parties. One might get canceled it suppose to rain and no free movie either if it rains. I guess we will just explore NIU if that happens.

FYI: Oh just let everyone know you get the marriage licenses and birth certificate back at the airport it was in the envelope. So you don't need to get 3 copies.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

you had to apply 60 days before? uh-oh. why?

We didnt know this. We are just going through a local minister. What did you do?

thanks for all the great info!!

I have some questions. I am getting married in JA in a couple of weeks and applying for the CR-1 VISA. After the wedding I will be in JA about 5 weeks and if at all possible would like to send off the application with my family when they return to the states while I am still in JA. Only, I will not have the opportunity to change any bills or anything and am not sure exactly the best way to prove its a true marriage..any suggestions? We will add my name to his banking account there, but thats about all we will have.

My second question is how long do you have to stay in Ja before you can have a legal marriage (24 hours or 48 hours?)

Thanks guys!!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
you had to apply 60 days before? uh-oh. why?

We didnt know this. We are just going through a local minister. What did you do?

thanks for all the great info!!

Thanks guys!!

When we got married we had to take the certificate the minister gave is after the wedding and then had take it up to RGD and request the official marriage certificate..this was in Portmore...didn't apply for anything prior to our wedding...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline

whew!!! that was close!! Thanks so much! Thats good news!!

When we got married we had to take the certificate the minister gave is after the wedding and then had take it up to RGD and request the official marriage certificate..this was in Portmore...didn't apply for anything prior to our wedding...

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Thanks guys!!

I'm not sure about your last question. I asked our pastor when I first arrived and he said that doesn't apply to me b/c I'm using a local address to get married. You dont' have to worry about the name change until you reach back in the states. I haven't changed my name and don't plan to until next year. You can give your family all the necessary documents along w/the marriage cert and a personal check for $190. I used that instead of a money order to obtain the receipt # off the cancelled checks esp since CSC is having problems sending out the NOA1's. All you need at this point is the marriage cert and a couple of wedding pics. I know on the currect I-130 form it's asking for bonafide proof of relationship. Some ppl send and some don't but to be on the safe side have a couple family and/or friends draft up a quick letter from both sides of the family. The pastor in JA can even notarize if for you if he's a JP.

You can also ask the bank for a letter stating both names on the acct. We too have a joint acct @ JNBS and I paid $200 JD for that letter. It's good proof for the interview.

Congrat again on your upcoming wedding!!

Oh yea, I didn't apply for anything before hand as well. I think it's different when you get married at a resort vs a church. Our pastor did everything for us..it was quick and simple.

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey everyone. congrats to alienukgirl, nannygirl, and welcome dwain!

belwin you are so lucky to have such supportive parents! my father is not accepting my relationship and my mother is ambivalent.

i've been reading back on the last few day's worth of posts and i just found out about mega fone too. man i wish it was around sooner. my fiance has borrowed his friends' mega fones to "try it out". he's also heard about how it might be hard to get connected but so far everytime he's used it it's worked just fine. he's going to get one, and then when he moves here he's going to pass it on to his family. i'd MUCH rather pay that fee instead of dealing with long distance.

sjb- to answer your question, my fiance's family is adventist. now they must go to a more contemporary church because she told me they are allowed to wear pants (although i've never seen her wear pants! lol). the issue that sticks out the most with us is the "no pork" issue. they don't endorse eating pork, shellfish, etc. and my filipino heritage is all about pork and seafood! i know of several churches that don't approve of jewelry so i'm not surprised that SDA is like that also.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a question about an item in the packet 3 info that nannygirl82 posted this past Wednesday. I am divorced. Does the embassy require a certified copy of that marriage certificate in addition to the certified divorce decree? Why would they need both? Do I need to get back up to the courthouse for a certified marriage certificate?

hhhmmm i am not sure...i know some people on here have been divorced as well so i am sure they can give you a better answer...but i would think they would just need the divorce decree to make sure it is over so you can marry again....but again i am not sure...maybe ask in the K-1 section someone might know there as well

Timeline

hhhmmm i am not sure...i know some people on here have been divorced as well so i am sure they can give you a better answer...but i would think they would just need the divorce decree to make sure it is over so you can marry again....but again i am not sure...maybe ask in the K-1 section someone might know there as well

I remember someone saying the previous marrage cert is required at the KNG Embassy (I think it was Texas Bound or maybe not). I'm not completely sure try doing a search on this thread. I dont' think the other K1 forum would help you at this point since you're dealing w/the Embassy. Every Consulate has different standards and requirements.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.