Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I started traveling with son at six months and would just pop a bottle in his month during landing and takeoff

wouldn't travel with baby to kingston because I wouldn't want the baby around all those people while waiting for and during the interview. People have a tendancy to want to touch baby faces. and my son got a nasty eye infection when he was less than two weeks old which never went away and ended up in him having a blocked tear duct and needing surgey when he was 16 months old due to people touching his face. So now unless I have clean hands, I just look at babies and say how cute they are.

I dont' even want anyone coming to my house until this baby is a month old. I probably sound paranoid but I just remember mucus just coming out of my son's eye all the time. not a pretty sight.

I'll look into the johnson and johnson wipes and I saw a bouncer that has a net that zips up so bugs couldn't get in.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I started traveling with son at six months and would just pop a bottle in his month during landing and takeoff

wouldn't travel with baby to kingston because I wouldn't want the baby around all those people while waiting for and during the interview. People have a tendancy to want to touch baby faces. and my son got a nasty eye infection when he was less than two weeks old which never went away and ended up in him having a blocked tear duct and needing surgey when he was 16 months old due to people touching his face. So now unless I have clean hands, I just look at babies and say how cute they are.

I dont' even want anyone coming to my house until this baby is a month old. I probably sound paranoid but I just remember mucus just coming out of my son's eye all the time. not a pretty sight.

I'll look into the johnson and johnson wipes and I saw a bouncer that has a net that zips up so bugs couldn't get in.

You know, most people in JA feel the same u do believe it or not..they do not touch baby faces, hold them w/o a blanket....don't bathe them certain times of the day...don't bring them out they r pretty good with that stuff...It is here in the US that i find complete STRANGERS wanting to touch ur baby. I had this one lady caught the biggest attitude b/c I told she can't put her hands in my daughters face..I have a phobia of dirt and I almost flipped on her touching my baby face..must be out of ur mind :devil:

And another thing the J&J thing is a liquid not a wipe...

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I will be soon going to the airport. It is so werid to see that he changed his myspace page and says he lives in IL now. My dad really wants to go with me to the airport. He said for me to call him so he can get out of his boring meeting at work and he will say that it is something urgent to come with me. I am amazed the flight is actually on time. Who would of thunk that for Air Jamaica.

Hubby was saying he was going to crash and die today on the plane. Because they have an air Jamaica crew but not an Air Jamaica plane and he really wanted to fly Air JA. I asked him what kind of plane he siad he didn't know how to say it. He calmed down and relaxed. I can't imagine my first big plane ride at my age. I have been a world traveler since 6 yrs of age. So we are off to buy Crispy Creams for his arrival. My mom wanted me to stop by her house tonight but we have a full schedule so we will see. I think Dad wanted to take him to IHOP since that is the first place he wants to eat at in America. :lol:

Have a wonderful Thursday night everyone!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Timeline
I will be soon going to the airport. It is so werid to see that he changed his myspace page and says he lives in IL now. My dad really wants to go with me to the airport. He said for me to call him so he can get out of his boring meeting at work and he will say that it is something urgent to come with me. I am amazed the flight is actually on time. Who would of thunk that for Air Jamaica.

Hubby was saying he was going to crash and die today on the plane. Because they have an air Jamaica crew but not an Air Jamaica plane and he really wanted to fly Air JA. I asked him what kind of plane he siad he didn't know how to say it. He calmed down and relaxed. I can't imagine my first big plane ride at my age. I have been a world traveler since 6 yrs of age. So we are off to buy Crispy Creams for his arrival. My mom wanted me to stop by her house tonight but we have a full schedule so we will see. I think Dad wanted to take him to IHOP since that is the first place he wants to eat at in America. :lol:

OMG! Have a wonderful evening and eat some Krispy Kremes for me! Be sure to tell hubby welcome home from all of us! :dance:

Timeline

OMG!!..welcome home...I can't wait for the day !!..I am so tired now....he's doesn't understand how mad I am at him for the one thing I asked him to do (quit smoking) thought drug test was a joke..but enough a dat >>.

WELCOME DWAIN !!!

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I am thankful that Dwain doesn't smoke and takes me very seriously. It took a while to understand how serious but we were just kids at the time. Now my mom called and she wants to go to the airport too. Were all three going to get him wow I can't believe my parents want to go pick him up :whistle: What a wonderful support team they are for us showing us true love. They have been married 35 years. Alright its time to hope on the road. Thanks for all the welcomes I will let him know.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
I am thankful that Dwain doesn't smoke and takes me very seriously. It took a while to understand how serious but we were just kids at the time. Now my mom called and she wants to go to the airport too. Were all three going to get him wow I can't believe my parents want to go pick him up :whistle: What a wonderful support team they are for us showing us true love. They have been married 35 years. Alright its time to hope on the road. Thanks for all the welcomes I will let him know.

Not that my husband doesn't take me and our marriage seriously..he very much does...we had no idea of a date and he thought that he could have used "cleansers" to pass his test if he had gotten "time". When u don't realise u have an addiction it's not easy. Most Jamaicans think that they are not addicted or cannot be addicted to weed. Herein lies the "PROBLEM" It has nothing to do with being taken seriously.

Timeline

Welcome Dwain!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I'm also thinking about going down for his interview but unsure about traveling with a young baby, baby is due 7/10 if he has a late august interview should I go down? I'll be on maternity leave and my son will be out of school. I told him I wouldn't bring the baby with us to kingston and he said his mom would keep the baby, I was at her house last week and she lives in the country and I was getting bitten by something even though I had sprayed myself with OFF, so unsure what to do. I wouldn't mind if she came to his house

any thoughts?

I would at least wait until after your 6 week check-up to make sure you and baby are ok according to the doc. I'm not sure when and how many vaccines they have to get when they're born. Would it be safe to travel out of the country before baby gets all required vaccines?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Now, funny thing is, was wondering if we could by any chance file for AOS since I get there 10 days before the new fees come in, and whether it's worth trying to.....

You have to get married before you file for AOS! I don't think you can pull it off that quickly!

My due date is either Spet 14th or 16th lol.......

My birthday is Sept. 14 :D

When his mom goes to visit his sister, she stays in a hotel, I would be SCANDALIZED for anyone to say they were coming to DC to see me and have to tell them they had to stay in a hotel....But he's pretty firm about this, so guess hotel it is :(

Really got to me though, because that's not how I grew up.....

That's really crappy. I would be really upset if my hubby told me my own family couldn't stay with us in our home while visiting :( When I go to Florida, I usually stay with my cousins - last time it was for 10 days. When I go visit my girlfriend in Kansas, I stay with her at her apartment. Her and her husband and baby are coming here in July for 10 days and staying with us. When my aunt & uncle come to Michigan, they stay with my parents. It is definately not a cultural thing. I guess it depends on how you were brought up.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

When my friend had her baby, anyone who came over had to wash their hands with soap and rub on an anti-bacterial hand sanitizer before touching the baby. At the time I thought it was weird, but now that I'm pregnant with my own, I'm sure I'm going to be just as protective :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

I will be soon going to the airport.

Oh, I am sooooo excited for you!!! :dance: I hope he had a safe flight and everying is irie. Don't be a stranger now that he's here - we want to know how it goes!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.