Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone heard of these new phones or phone cards (I am unclear on which it is exactly) floating around Jamaica? Two of Andre's friends and his mother called us over the weekend harping about these phones (maybe phone cards?) they pay $1,000JA a month for and they can make unlimited phone calls EVER international LD phone calls. Since they called us and chatted forever (something they never do), I am guessing they aren't lying.

Ask your S/O's to ask around about these. Wish I had had the opportunity when I needed it.

I heard about something like that, I think the name is Mega or something. I don't know all the details but I'll try to find out more.

Just talked to another friend and Found out that phone I was talking about is called MEGAFONE. They say it is a little hard to find. Worth it if you ask me.

See, this is why I need to read all the posts before replying. :lol:

This is true. They have to sign a contract. My fiance said it is $20/US a month and he can call ANYWHERE...he just got it a few days ago and he and his mom share it. He still kept his other phone though, but on this phone he had to get a new number.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I don't think anyone knows for sure when the fee increases will go into effect. It will post on the USCIS website. Just try to submit your petition as soon as you can.

USCIS.gov announced that the new fees go into effect July 30, 2007

Congrats on all the new approvals!!! One more step ahead in the immigration game of life :dance:

Thanks Jamie. I was checking that out this morning as well. I spoke to Javon b/c we are going to file for my step-son but w/the fees going up I was thinking of doing it now instead of later. Javon said we should wait b/c it's hard as it is much less filing for 2 ppl at once. :blush: For right now I agree but we'll see.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline

Anyone in Chicago going to see Capleton on June 15th?

My husband doesn't like him but our very good friend is playing bass for him that night. So I am guessing we will get free passes in at the house of blues. At least that is what our friends did for me when Maxi Priest played.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

If I remember correctly KNG handles K1 as immigrant visa. So you will need the DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157 & DS-230 part I & II.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I don't think anyone knows for sure when the fee increases will go into effect. It will post on the USCIS website. Just try to submit your petition as soon as you can.

Congrats on all the new approvals!!! One more step ahead in the immigration game of life :dance:

Thanks Jamie. I was checking that out this morning as well. I spoke to Javon b/c we are going to file for my step-son but w/the fees going up I was thinking of doing it now instead of later. Javon said we should wait b/c it's hard as it is much less filing for 2 ppl at once. :blush: For right now I agree but we'll see.

I know what ur saying..we have 3 kids to file for...can u say $$$$$$...it took us some time to actually say let us wait to take them, get ourselves together..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

My husband doesn't like him but our very good friend is playing bass for him that night. So I am guessing we will get free passes in at the house of blues. At least that is what our friends did for me when Maxi Priest played.

No I'm not going.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

I really want to go to my husbands interview, but I'm looking at things right and it just doesn't seem realistic, being that I was just there 1 month ago, just moved, can't forget the bills :blush: what do u guys think...

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

No I'm not going.

I wonder if Mindy said she was going. I will pm her to ask sometime.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

I know what ur saying..we have 3 kids to file for...can u say $$$$$$...it took us some time to actually say let us wait to take them, get ourselves together..

My friend filed for 3 of her children left in JA. She just recv'd the IV bill for $1140. I feel so bad for her b/c she just came back from JA and spent over $8000 for her trip. She hasn't been back home for 10 yrs so it was a big deal!!

I wonder w/the fee increase if the workload will be easier to manage? Is the approval process going to be faster?

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
I really want to go to my husbands interview, but I'm looking at things right and it just doesn't seem realistic, being that I was just there 1 month ago, just moved, can't forget the bills :blush: what do u guys think...

It depends. I will always say go to the interview if possible but if you can't make sure he is well prepared. Will he have sufficient proof of relationship? As of matter of fact, looking at your timeline you guys have been together for a while. Send him pictures, emails (if applicable), letters and/or cards, phone bills, etc. Any and everything!!!!

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline

It depends. I will always say go to the interview if possible but if you can't make sure he is well prepared. Will he have sufficient proof of relationship? As of matter of fact, looking at your timeline you guys have been together for a while. Send him pictures, emails (if applicable), letters and/or cards, phone bills, etc. Any and everything!!!!

Yes we def have alot if proof...he has pics of me from I was 15yrs :blush: ..He has our wedding album, pics from out vacations, letters cards, money transfer receipts, I just don't want us rescheduling make a terrible impact on the process...its been a month now and no new date yet..but i'm still patiently waiting :dance::angry::devil:

Timeline

My friend filed for 3 of her children left in JA. She just recv'd the IV bill for $1140. I feel so bad for her b/c she just came back from JA and spent over $8000 for her trip. She hasn't been back home for 10 yrs so it was a big deal!!

I wonder w/the fee increase if the workload will be easier to manage? Is the approval process going to be faster?

Wow, that is alot of money can imagine what it will be when we do take them :blink: I really hope the process is much shorter with all this money..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

if i remeber right....there was a talk on here about the k-1 being immigrant or non-immigrant and i think it is non-immigrant i think not sure..

you will need 156, 156k, 157, ds-230 and i-134...you should make a couple of these forms i have the packet 3 worksheet downloaded onto my computer if you would like it...remeber it might have changed a likkle bit but the forms should be the same..just pm me

just got a e-mail aos pending in cali :dance::dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.