Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

I had been divorced 18 years when I met my husband, this was a major lifetime decision for me. I love being married to my husband my only regret is that he wasn't my first husband. That would have been a little strange with us being 7 years apart me being 23 him 16 :lol: . Marriage is a new experience everyday. More ups then down but a true rollercoster ride, oh did i mention i love rollercosters :lol: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard of these new phones or phone cards (I am unclear on which it is exactly) floating around Jamaica? Two of Andre's friends and his mother called us over the weekend harping about these phones (maybe phone cards?) they pay $1,000JA a month for and they can make unlimited phone calls EVER international LD phone calls. Since they called us and chatted forever (something they never do), I am guessing they aren't lying.

Ask your S/O's to ask around about these. Wish I had had the opportunity when I needed it.

I heard about something like that, I think the name is Mega or something. I don't know all the details but I'll try to find out more.

Just talked to another friend and Found out that phone I was talking about is called MEGAFONE. They say it is a little hard to find. Worth it if you ask me.

See, this is why I need to read all the posts before replying. :lol:

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey, I have a question.... Why does the embassy need bank statements ? Is it for financial support proof or for proof of relationship? B/c my husbands name is not on my account

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Hey, I have a question.... Why does the embassy need bank statements ? Is it for financial support proof or for proof of relationship? B/c my husbands name is not on my account

Financial support.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline

Proof of income.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Financial support.

Oh ok...kool....cause I was starting to wonder how would that work cause I couldn't get him on my account :blink:

thanx

Edited by kimmykashi

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I was reading that the fees increase goes into effect on July 30. I know that some of the vets are going to be applying to remove conditions soon and just wanted to give them a heads up that if they can file before then to do it because the fee goes from $275 to $545 :help: So if you can get it in before July 30 that would be a good break for you. That goes for all the other processes and forms as well. If you are going to be filing soon get them in before July 30 :yes:

No use stressing and worrying about the cost of everything as you HAVE to pay it but if you can get it in at the lower price why not? :thumbs:

Fee Increase

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline
I think it hit me when my friends started to address Kashi as "HUSBAND" I thought wow I'm no longer single or just in a relationship. I didn't know what to call him after we got married :). More time mi still get butterflies cause I'm like man I'm really married. decisions I make no longer only affects me I have to actually discuss the situation and take it from there....:) Although I must say I LOVE BEING MARRIED !!!

:thumbs: It took me a long time to call Damien my husband...it didn't sound right initially.

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Our trip to Aruba was really nice. My mother-in-law was very nice. I'll give more details later.

Timeline
I have a question - are your husbands or wives Seventh Day Adventist? or raised in a Seventh Day Adventist church?

No, I'm sorry...knew ppl that were

Edited by kimmykashi

Timeline
I have a question - are your husbands or wives Seventh Day Adventist? or raised in a Seventh Day Adventist church?

Just wondering. Damien's mother said most Christians in Jamicans are raised in Seventh Day Adventist church.

I wore jewerly to church and everyone looked at me like I was an alien.

Timeline

Just wondering. Damien's mother said most Christians in Jamicans are raised in Seventh Day Adventist church.

I wore jewerly to church and everyone looked at me like I was an alien.

Hmmm..don't know if thats a correct statement but there are alot of seven day in Jamaica. YES ! they are very strict. dem no play di render ur heart and not ur garment ting...if u inna di church, no pants, no jewelry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.