• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

came back from JA last night,

question - does anyone have a june interview??

Hubby sent the ds-230 by courier on Monday to the embassy, I called the embassy on Friday to confirm that they recieved the form and they said yes they got it. So I start asking about the interview date. and my girl says call back the end of JULY to see if the mailed him out the interview packet, I'm like what?????? she says there is a delay because they are not giving any interviews during the month of June and they are not giving out any interview dates right now. I almost fell off my chair.

Can they just stop giving interviews? To me a package sent by the end of July equals a September interview date. So not happy with that!

holy #######! that's completely nuts! i sure hope she has her info wrong. i know that jlvr's fiance has a june interview date. we just got noa2 a few weeks ago and i'm so eager to get the file sent to the embassy. the nvc said that it ought to be sent off within the week. i'm still a bit confused about what's next though.

so when the embassy gives my fiance the appointment to drop off the ds-230, is that when he also picks up packet 4? when is the interview appointment scheduled? why cant he just he do it all in one shot? that would just make everything too simple huh? lol

sarah, i'm so glad you got noa2. how cool that you got it on your birthday!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Hubby sent the ds-230 by courier on Monday to the embassy, I called the embassy on Friday to confirm that they recieved the form and they said yes they got it. So I start asking about the interview date. and my girl says call back the end of JULY to see if the mailed him out the interview packet, I'm like what?????? she says there is a delay because they are not giving any interviews during the month of June and they are not giving out any interview dates right now. I almost fell off my chair.

Can they just stop giving interviews? To me a package sent by the end of July equals a September interview date. So not happy with that!

holy #######! that's completely nuts! i sure hope she has her info wrong. i know that jlvr's fiance has a june interview date. we just got noa2 a few weeks ago and i'm so eager to get the file sent to the embassy. the nvc said that it ought to be sent off within the week. i'm still a bit confused about what's next though.

so when the embassy gives my fiance the appointment to drop off the ds-230, is that when he also picks up packet 4? when is the interview appointment scheduled? why cant he just he do it all in one shot? that would just make everything too simple huh? lol

U can fill out and print out the ds-230 from the internet and send it to your fiance and have him sign it and send it in he doesn't need an appointment. they will enter his info into the computer and then he will be in a que for a date.

I'll call the senators offices next week, last week she said they were giving out late july early august dates and now they are not giving out any dates at all.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

U can fill out and print out the ds-230 from the internet and send it to your fiance and have him sign it and send it in he doesn't need an appointment. they will enter his info into the computer and then he will be in a que for a date.

I'll call the senators offices next week, last week she said they were giving out late july early august dates and now they are not giving out any dates at all.

i so would call asap...becuase what she told you is a load of #######.....i know everytime i have had to call my senator's office something has been done....so it just angers me to so how this embassy just does whatever it damn well feels like doing....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Hey guys...u know I rescheduled my husbands interview date right ? this was since May 4th..they gave me a new date 3 days later...which makes no sense...So one night my husband tells me he heard a part of an interview on the radio saying something like THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANY VISA UNTIL AFTER JUNE 10TH...start to make me wonder if thats the reason they gave us a date 3 days later and not for JUNE..Jamaica embassy is crazy..so now i gotta sit here and just wait on them...thats the price we pay i guess for rescheduling...I hope this INFO is all WRONG

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Hey guys...u know I rescheduled my husbands interview date right ? this was since May 4th..they gave me a new date 3 days later...which makes no sense...So one night my husband tells me he heard a part of an interview on the radio saying something like THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANY VISA UNTIL AFTER JUNE 10TH...start to make me wonder if thats the reason they gave us a date 3 days later and not for JUNE..Jamaica embassy is crazy..so now i gotta sit here and just wait on them...thats the price we pay i guess for rescheduling...I hope this INFO is all WRONG

what kills me is that it is run by the americans...you would think that would have there ####### together....it is just not fair....our tax money going to them and this is the ####### we get in return....yet people who walk across the border are going to be citizens....it is just not fair...sorry i am done ranting...

Timeline
Hi everyone,

what kills me is that it is run by the americans...you would think that would have there ####### together....it is just not fair....our tax money going to them and this is the ####### we get in return....yet people who walk across the border are going to be citizens....it is just not fair...sorry i am done ranting...

FI REAL....ITS RIDICULOUS :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Kimmy juss to let you know there are some things you can take to ensure a clean medical result.

My ex works for a company that does random drug tests, he was ordered to take one knowing he had smoked that day, so he went sick for 2 days and drank some stuff, took the test and was clear.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Donna and I were approved by CSC last Wednesday. I received the NOA-2 in the mail Saturday. I am now trying to determine what to do next. I considered filling out the DS-230. I went to the US Embassy Kingston website (http://kingston.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html) to make an appointment. They require that a Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application be filled out electronically. The site does not mention Form DS-230. Should I make an appointment through this web site? I am a little confused and want to be finished with all this. Please help with any information that may be useful to expedite getting an interview in Kingston.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Timeline

Kimmy juss to let you know there are some things you can take to ensure a clean medical result.

My ex works for a company that does random drug tests, he was ordered to take one knowing he had smoked that day, so he went sick for 2 days and drank some stuff, took the test and was clear.

yeah...do you know the of the stuff he took ?

Hi everyone,

Yeah, me and finesse are on the same day. Wow, I hope that's not correct.

I wonder if what was heard on the radio about not giving visas until June was referring to other visas? Isn't there a certain limit to the number of visas that are allowed each year? I don't know if it applies in K1 or K3 situations, but each country has a limit.

On another note:

I went to the store yesterday and picked up a file folder for the interview. It's a cute one, too. I was loading it up last night, labeling the sections. I started to get really nervous. Just looking at all of the documents, all of my information, all of the time that I've spent on this. Just got a flash of how big this is. When did you guys start realizing what a huge deal this is, this preparation for marriage and life with someone?

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Yeah, me and finesse are on the same day. Wow, I hope that's not correct.

I wonder if what was heard on the radio about not giving visas until June was referring to other visas? Isn't there a certain limit to the number of visas that are allowed each year? I don't know if it applies in K1 or K3 situations, but each country has a limit.

On another note:

I went to the store yesterday and picked up a file folder for the interview. It's a cute one, too. I was loading it up last night, labeling the sections. I started to get really nervous. Just looking at all of the documents, all of my information, all of the time that I've spent on this. Just got a flash of how big this is. When did you guys start realizing what a huge deal this is, this preparation for marriage and life with someone?

lets see...on the ride to kingston...and standing infront of the embassy...it was a sureal moment for me..like wait i am really doing this is this really happening...something i have been waiting for is acutally happening...everything that happend at the embassy was a blue to me it seemed like we were wating for so long and then bam it was over....i think that last part that it realy hit me was waiting at the airport and waiting for mike to come through the walk way...i can remember going that is just so strange becuase i am waiting for him and this is the start of our life....

Timeline
Donna and I were approved by CSC last Wednesday. I received the NOA-2 in the mail Saturday. I am now trying to determine what to do next. I considered filling out the DS-230. I went to the US Embassy Kingston website (http://kingston.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html) to make an appointment. They require that a Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application be filled out electronically. The site does not mention Form DS-230. Should I make an appointment through this web site? I am a little confused and want to be finished with all this. Please help with any information that may be useful to expedite getting an interview in Kingston.

well first off congratz to you on your approval...ok after the approval it will got the the National Visa Center...takes a couple of weeks for them to look it over again...they will send it to kingston...kingston will then send her packet#3 which will have the ds230 in it along with some other papers...now mike and i filled the ds230 when you could just walk up and hand it off...so i am not sure how you go about getting her a appointment to drop it off..i know some people sent it to the embassy by mail....uumm i know she will have to sign it so you could fill it out send it to her she signs it and either gets a appoinment date of sends it to them...hope that helps..

ok what you are talking about is a acutal appointment for a tourist type visa i think...that has nothing to do with the k-1 visa..the embassy will make the appointment at the embassy not online....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, for a K-1 visa we do not need to fill out Form DS-156? I plan on mailing the filled out DS-230 and sending it down to Kingston this week.

AOS Journey:

30-Aug-2007 Arrived in US!!!

27-Nov-2007 Married

23-Jan-2008 Mailed AOS package

25-Jan-2008 AOS package received in Chicago

1-Feb-2008 Checks cashed

4-Feb-2008 received NOA for I-485 & I-765 in the mail

22-Feb-2008 Biometrics Appointment

31-Mar-2008 EAD Card Production

5-Apr-2008 Received EAD in mail

8-Apr-2008 Applied for SS

19-May-2008 SS card arrived in mail

19-May-2008 AOS approval arrived in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was just on the kingston website and it says nothing about not giving out any visas and also I noticed that, they basically give out immigrant visas one day a week Tuesdays and then thursdays by appt - which is #######. If they are going to delay in giving out visas, they should add an extra day after June.

The thing is that I'm having the baby in early July, I didn't expect for him to be up here for the delivery and with the delay with the ds-230 I knew that wasn't going to happen. but I thought at least sometime in august and with the way this embassy is going with giving interview approvals and then having people wait 2 to 3 weeks to get the actual visa. He won't be here until early October. I wanted us to have sometime together so I could take him around and get him familiar with the subway system and all that.

I'm just to depressed right now, but I will be calling ms hilary clinton's office, (maybe she'll get my vote. lol) to see what they can do.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.