Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, I have a question.

What did you/are you going to do about money??

Is he going to have an allowance?

Are you going to just give him an extra bank card?

If you do, are you/do you put a limit on what he can spend?

Have you thought about how much he should contribute when he gets a job? Or how did you work that out??

I will still be getting paid full pay for like 18 months after I move, but have told him he'll have to take my cards, I am hopeless about saving money, I waste every penny I earn lol...Even going to have him change my Paypal password (I'm an Ebay addict too!)

So what we're going to do is sit down and work out how much I'm allowed to squander per month, which will be put in my account which I'll have a debit card for.

Once I start working, we're thinking about keeping the squandering money the same and just saving whatever the surplus is from my wages...Obviously this will work because he doesn't spend much at all and I know I have a problem with spending wisely...

i am SSSSOOOO addicted to ebay it is not funny....it's just that you can get great things for cheap....

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is a bit odd, as I know my friend filed for his wife before they knew each other for 2 years. She actually arrived in the US about 15 months after they met. Now their wedding did a good job of tearing me up, with my wife stuck in JA.

I just wanted to let you guys know when I was at the Embassy a couple was being denied because they had not know each other for 2 years before filing. Make sure you know your SO 2 years before filing the Visa Application. Just wanted to make this note to help any one out who maybe lurking who has not know their SO for 2 years yet.

I did not realize that was a requirement. I thought you just had to have meet in person within the last two years. No worry none of this applies to me.

I'm sorry to see everyone leaving, but I certainly understand your reasonings. And even though I personally don't have anything to contribute here :blush: , I vowed that I would stay to see Jax and Anna through their journeys. So now, Anna, I'm waiting for you girl-so hurry it on up :P . But now we have babies on the way, new puppies and some great new people who've joined recently. I guess I'll stick around for a while.

Michelle I'm trying.....someone needs to tell CSC :blush:

Hang in there Ana once you get your NOA2 NVC is very consist. I hope you receive the NOA2 soon. :luv:

I know this is off topic but....

I PASSED MY COMPREHENSIVE EXAM TO GET OUT OF GRADUATE SCHOOL!! I AM DONE!! I WILL GRADUATE!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :dance::dance: :energetic: :dance::P:P :energetic: :goofy:

Now, back to the discussions...

Congrats!!!! :thumbs::dance::dance:

Ditto :thumbs:

QUOTE(BelwinMills @ May 8 2007, 03:22 PM)

I just wanted to let you guys know when I was at the Embassy a couple was being denied because they had not know each other for 2 years before filing. Make sure you know your SO 2 years before filing the Visa Application. Just wanted to make this note to help any one out who maybe lurking who has not know their SO for 2 years yet.

I did not realize that was a requirement. I thought you just had to have meet in person within the last two years. No worry none of this applies to me. Sorry...still learning how to post replies.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

The conditional green cards (2 year) is for K1 visas or I-130's where the couple is married less than 2 years before the spouse enters the country.

QUOTE(BelwinMills @ May 8 2007, 03:22 PM)

I did not realize that was a requirement. I thought you just had to have meet in person within the last two years. No worry none of this applies to me. Sorry...still learning how to post replies.

You can still file for a visa without knowing your partner 2 years, you just get a conditional green card right? I've read on this, and there is a 2 year limit on a certain kind of green card. If you have known each other over 2 years they give you the other one. There are many people who have filed for a visa in less than 2 years knowing each other. I think the embassy was giving that couple the run around or there were probably other outstanding issues that nixed the visa.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline

Actually $70 isn't bad for a Razr, one usually pays less because they sign up for a plan and the cell provider charges less than the real value of the phone to get your business. That is why they gave it to you for $25, they wanted your contract. Now they have it.

Unlocked Razr's are still going for $125 total cost on ebay.

:ot:

Anyone have T-Mobile? I have a razr (btw piece of ####### phone & waste of money) and it dropped into some water. Now it's completely dead and T-Mobile is telling me I have to pay $70 for my deductible (even thought I pay $6 a month for ins). I'm a little ticked off right now b/c $70 is WAY TOO MUCH for a razr. :angry: I bought my phone for $25 back in Nov. Is there anyway to get around this ins policy? I used to be w/Sprint and they had the same type of ins but I knew how to work them so I never paid a dime. :whistle:

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline
Actually $70 isn't bad for a Razr, one usually pays less because they sign up for a plan and the cell provider charges less than the real value of the phone to get your business. That is why they gave it to you for $25, they wanted your contract. Now they have it.

Anyone have T-Mobile? I have a razr (btw piece of ####### phone & waste of money) and it dropped into some water. Now it's completely dead and T-Mobile is telling me I have to pay $70 for my deductible (even thought I pay $6 a month for ins). I'm a little ticked off right now b/c $70 is WAY TOO MUCH for a razr. :angry: I bought my phone for $25 back in Nov. Is there anyway to get around this ins policy? I used to be w/Sprint and they had the same type of ins but I knew how to work them so I never paid a dime. :whistle:

Hey Eric how long did you have to wait when you rescheduled your wife's interview ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

It was only 16 days, but this was a blue sheet interview that was rescheduled. I'd guess you are looking at 2-3 months.

Hey Eric how long did you have to wait when you rescheduled your wife's interview ?

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline
It was only 16 days, but this was a blue sheet interview that was rescheduled. I'd guess you are looking at 2-3 months.

Oh ok, at least I have a little idea of time..since they told me i would get another interview date in the mail

thanx

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

het eric how are you guys managing with the adjustment period?

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok, I have a question.

Have you thought about how much he should contribute when he gets a job? Or how did you work that out??

I will still be getting paid full pay for like 18 months after I move, but have told him he'll have to take my cards, I am hopeless about saving money, I waste every penny I earn lol...Even going to have him change my Paypal password (I'm an Ebay addict too!)

So what we're going to do is sit down and work out how much I'm allowed to squander per month, which will be put in my account which I'll have a debit card for.

Once I start working, we're thinking about keeping the squandering money the same and just saving whatever the surplus is from my wages...Obviously this will work because he doesn't spend much at all and I know I have a problem with spending wisely...

We have a joint savings and a joint checking account. We both contribute all of our paychecks. We pretty much have set bills every month and we each get the same weekly allowance. If there is any money left over, we decide how we should waste it together....sometimes an event, sometimes, clothes or shoes, sending money to Jamaica, etc. It's been a year of budgeting this way and so far so good.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone

Question - Catogories for interview binder - so far I have trips, phone, pictures of trips, wedding, financial info. Am I missing anything?

I was out last week due to back pain and the doctor told me to get a pregnancy belt, has anyone here used them? Do they work?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

I have a Razr from T-mobile too. I love the phone though....and I've had ALOT of phones. I never have to pay for my replacements, but they always just went dead on there own, i was never the one who lost or damaged it. The deductible used to be $35 but maybe that was cause I had a cheaper phone. Not really sure you can get around the $70. The price you pay for your phone is always cheaper than whats its actually worth, so when you break it, you pay more money to replace it then when you originally bought it.

You may want to see if you can use the $70 towards a new T-mobile phone since you dont like the Razr anyway. Why pay for something you really dont want? Otherwise I say by your phone on Ebay, thats always cheap.

I have T-Mobile as well. You should be able to upgrade to a newer phone for free or for a same amount (like 19.99). I recently purchased the KAZR, which is like the RAZR but smaller, on Ebay. And it works well.

Thanks but T-Mobile said it would cost me over $100 to get an upgrade. I tried just about everything w/my phone this weekend and now it will turn on for a period of time then die out. I'll wait a couple of wks then see what can be done.

Thanks

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Hello Everyone ! I know I havent been on here in a while, so I was dropping in to say Wha Gwan??? Are there any yardies out here from the CHicago area???

Hi JamaicaDiva,

Good to hear from you...it's been a while.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Timeline
Ok, I have a question.

I know I'm late but I wanted to post. Javon and I have talked about the finances and we made some decisions. When the time is near I'm going to get a 2nd job so once he arrives we will be okay for a few months. We currently have a debit card now but it's used solely for ATM purposes instead of me sending it thru Western Union or Money gram. Once he arrives I will give him a bank card and he will be able to use it "as needed" and anything extra must be discussed first. Once he finds a job we decided to split the bills. I will continue to pay rent while he pays the utitilies (gas, heat, & light) and the phone bill. I figured I will probably more then him in the beginning as he moves up he can obtain more responsibilities. As far as saving goes we'll decide later depending on your combined monthly income.

The thing is I'm frugal and HATE to spend money whereas he is more of a spender.

I got touched today....hopefully it's a good sign. :yes:

so glad to hear there's been some form of movement with your case! i really hope the wait is over for you.

Honestly I thought they lost my case... :yes: hopefully now I'll see something by the end of the month.

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.