Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How old will you be? I don't wanna guess but you look like a baby.

I will be turning the big 3-0 this summer...I can't wait!! Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people still think that I look like a baby---I still get checked at the movies sometimes!! lol :blush:

I'll be 42 next Friday and I had to laugh, I took my son to a place called Game Stop 2 weeks ago and the guy asked me for my drivers license (or if I had an ID) and I asked him ....for?? and he said, we *have* to card everyone that is under 30 yrs of age that is buying a Rated "M" game and I chuckled and said, well....thank you, I appreciate you thinking I'm under 30, but I'll be 42 in 2 weeks and he apologized and said....I'm sorry maam. I wanted to say.....Maam?? now hold up a minute !

Then that Friday night, I went to get some beer and was carded at the flippin liquor store and I said to the guy....oh come on now, I know I don't look like I'm anywhere near 21 ..... a week after that, Craig and I went to a bar and I NEVER carry ID with me to a bar (not that we go that often) and the bouncer would NOT let us in if I didn't go alll the way to my car and get my ID.

It's a GREAT thing ....but a hassle at times, but I'll work with the hassle ;o) ....

What date is your birthday ?

My birthday is June 23rd...born right on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer (just enough crazy and just enough calm :devil: ) This year it happens to be on a Saturday which I am SOOOO excited about!!! I wonder what my fiance will have in store...he told me a couple of weeks ago that he's already planning since he knows how big it is for me...he could care less about his birthday, but ME---I want the WORLD to be reminded of the joy that rained down from the heavens on that day!! lol :dance: Seriously though, I need to start finding out carnival dates...the one in Miami sounds interesting...I have a friend in Sunrise (about 30 minutes from Miami) that I could probably stay with...of course she'll have her little pickney by then, but oh well....Can you guys tell that I'm ready to travel and party???

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So, I've been sitting here trying to do my Caribbean Carnival Research, because clearly I have nothing else to do at the moment, and I just have a couple of questions/observations:

1. It looks like the Caribbean Carnival in Miami has already occurred for the year...Did we really already miss it? :huh:

2. I see that there is a Carnival in July in Norfolk, VA...has anyone ever been to that one or heard anything about it? I'm thinking since I can't make the one in DC on my b-day, maybe I could try that one instead. :help:

3. Does anyone have the dates for the one in B-More?

4. Is the one in NY always Labor Day weekend? :unsure:

Any help would be good....Gotta make my travel plans for the summer EARLY!!

P.S. Did anyone ever answer the how long does it take to get pregnant after you get off the pill question.... :innocent:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
so what do flight agents go by?

they won't ask you anything..when i was pregnant they almost didnt care or chose not to see that i was pregnant

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

P.S. Did anyone ever answer the how long does it take to get pregnant after you get off the pill question.... :innocent: [/color]

I got pregnant 3 months after, but we used other methods of protection, but.....one little jimmy still got away ;o) ...

A woman can theoretically get pregnant any time because of irregularities of the menstrual cycle. Usually the most fertile period is 5 days before her ovulation time and 5 days afterwards. This ovulation usually occurs at mid-cycle. However, since cycles vary greatly because of a woman's health, exercise or stress level (to name a few reasons), there is really no safe time when a woman can definitely say she cannot become pregnant.

Timeline
so what do flight agents go by?

they won't ask you anything..when i was pregnant they almost didnt care or chose not to see that i was pregnant

You never ever know. I've been in the travel industry for 16 yrs, for the 1st 6 years I worked at America West airlines. I saw and heard it all!! Plus my 2 roommates were flight attendants. You just never ever know ....depending on how far along you are, if you are showing, how "uncomfortable" you may "look" when traveling. It is completely up to their discretion, especially if you are flying internationally. YOUR DOCTOR is the one to make the call. If you have a letter (on letterhead) stating that he ALLOWS you to fly, states how many weeks you are, that you've had a very normal pregancy, your due date, than you should be okay.....but again.... if the airline states that you cannot fly after a certain amount of time, you need to follow their rules 1st. If you're before the alloted time, per the airline rules, I would highly suggest bringing along the letter from the doctor! They CAN deny you boarding!!

Hope this helps.

You never ever know. I've been in the travel industry for 16 yrs, for the 1st 6 years I worked at America West airlines. I saw and heard it all!! Plus my 2 roommates were flight attendants. You just never ever know ....depending on how far along you are, if you are showing, how "uncomfortable" you may "look" when traveling. It is completely up to their discretion, especially if you are flying internationally. YOUR DOCTOR is the one to make the call. If you have a letter (on letterhead) stating that he ALLOWS you to fly, states how many weeks you are, that you've had a very normal pregancy, your due date, than you should be okay.....but again.... if the airline states that you cannot fly after a certain amount of time, you need to follow their rules 1st. If you're before the alloted time, per the airline rules, I would highly suggest bringing along the letter from the doctor! They CAN deny you boarding!!

Hope this helps.

Ok, now I'm officially scared.....I will be travelling at 32 weeks, the airline I'm going with says you can fly up until 7 months so I SHOULD be ok!!

But so if they just look at me the wrong way they can deny boarding even with a doctor's letter??????

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I'm seven months,

Will the airlines require something from doctor stating how many weeks I am? I don't want them to not let me on the plane.

I'm going to the doctor on Sat. so I will ask.

Check with the airline you're flying. They're all a little bit different. Most of them require a doctors note if you are 8 months preggo or more. You should be ok.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

What do I have to look forward to in our little farm town? Hmm lets see...there is:

~Raspberry Festival - to eat and buy things made with raspberries

~Farmer's Day parade to showcase all the new farm equipment and the prize cows/livestock of the county

~Holland Days - (my personal favorite :whistle: ) where everyone speaks in dutch and sells dutch things and eats dutch food. Don't forget the good old klompen dancing (those good old wooden shoes) Yes I will admit I have done it :blush:

Anyone want to trade? :lol:

Jamie, I thought you were pretty close to Seattle?? :blink: I didn't realize you lived in the country!! :lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

P.S. Did anyone ever answer the how long does it take to get pregnant after you get off the pill question.... :innocent:

It took me about 6 months. I was on the Pill for 11 years - not sure if that makes a difference or not. My girlfriend got preggo just 2 months after she stopped hers, but she was using ovulation predictor tests and a basal thermometer to track her cycle :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

You never ever know. If you're before the alloted time, per the airline rules, I would highly suggest bringing along the letter from the doctor! They CAN deny you boarding!!

Hope this helps.

Ok, now I'm officially scared.....I will be travelling at 32 weeks, the airline I'm going with says you can fly up until 7 months so I SHOULD be ok!!

But so if they just look at me the wrong way they can deny boarding even with a doctor's letter??????

That's why I changed my trip! I was too scared I'd go into premature labor in Jamaica :o Or have the baby on the plane!!! I would agree with Kelly - you should get a letter from your doctor just to be on the safe side.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trust me all this talk about Carnival and other events make me sooooo jealous...

What do I have to look forward to in our little farm town? Hmm lets see...there is:

~Raspberry Festival - to eat and buy things made with raspberries

~Farmer's Day parade to showcase all the new farm equipment and the prize cows/livestock of the county

~Holland Days - (my personal favorite :whistle: ) where everyone speaks in dutch and sells dutch things and eats dutch food. Don't forget the good old klompen dancing (those good old wooden shoes) Yes I will admit I have done it :blush:

Anyone want to trade? :lol:

:no:

Good morning.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, I've been sitting here trying to do my Caribbean Carnival Research, because clearly I have nothing else to do at the moment, and I just have a couple of questions/observations:

1. It looks like the Caribbean Carnival in Miami has already occurred for the year...Did we really already miss it? :huh:

2. I see that there is a Carnival in July in Norfolk, VA...has anyone ever been to that one or heard anything about it? I'm thinking since I can't make the one in DC on my b-day, maybe I could try that one instead. :help:

3. Does anyone have the dates for the one in B-More?

4. Is the one in NY always Labor Day weekend? :unsure:

Any help would be good....Gotta make my travel plans for the summer EARLY!!

BG -

1. I think the Carnival in Miami is in October. The last one was Oct 2006...new dates aren't out yet.

2. Nope, but it sounds like fun. I like the Norfolk/Va Beach area.

3. The first Carnival in B-More is July 13-15...no dates for the one in September yet. We'll be there. It's okay but the DC one is better...IMO. I was never interested in going to the Carnival until two years ago...a friend invited us and Damien had so much fun...kinda like being in JA.

4. Yes, same weekend every year.

Timeline

It took me about 6 months. I was on the Pill for 11 years - not sure if that makes a difference or not. My girlfriend got preggo just 2 months after she stopped hers, but she was using ovulation predictor tests and a basal thermometer to track her cycle :wacko:

It could take just a month. Once your cycle gets back to mormal it could happen at anytime.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Hey all! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I received an RFE for Marlon's divorce decree. He will be emailing both pages to me today so I can pop it in the mail tomorrow. I am off to graduate soon!

Much love!

Hey Sarah today is your big day, Congrats :dance::dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.