Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SJB- AND BELLYGIRL,---I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ANY CARNIVAL BUT THE ONE IN NY. IT IS AWESOME IT WAS BETTER IN THE OLDER THAN NOW BUT ITS STILL GREAT. I USED TO LIVE THERE MY MOM STILL LIVES THERE AND ITS HELD JUST A FEW BLOCKS FROM WHERE SHE LIVES.

MY DESTINY--CONGRATS TO YOU

JME--I HOPE THINGS WORK THEMSELVE OUT IN A POSITIVE WAY

SONSHYNE---THANK GOD YOU WERE PERSISTENT.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone...

So my move this past weekend was successful...nothing out of the ordinary. It is definitely different though...

Anyways I am asking for your prayers/kind words/love/or whatever else you can throw my way...things have definitely gotten ugly :( and the ####### is hitting the fan. I have and always will remain the bigger person with integrity and respect but it is getting really hard as the truth and all the gory details are starting to emerge. Andre has chosen to bad mouth me to basically everyone and while I am choosing to keep my mouth shut and if I do speak only speak facts, it is really getting hard. Andre has made himself out to be the victim and is playing it up for all its worth and all he can get out of it...which is really sad because what he says to me is usually the opposite of what he has been telling others :crying: Don't want to be a downer but would love some prayers.

I'm sorry that things have turned out this way. Be as strong as you can be. Come here and vent often. You don't have to be the bigger person here. :no:(F)

MyDestiny, congratulations on your NOA2.

Sonshyne, I'm glad you were able to get the SSN.

Just starting the journey, haven't yet filed... Until today(2/12/07)!

K-1

2/12/07 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority w/ Delivery Confirmation

2/16/07 - VSC received package

2/22/07 - Check has been deposited, now I can track!

2/23/07 - NOA1 Received via snail mail

3/9/07 - NOA2 via email!

3/15/07 - NOA2 via snail mail

3/19/07 - Called NVC, case sent to embassy on 3/15/07

4/19/07 - DS230 submitted to embassy

4/30/07 - Email from embassy: Interview scheduled for 6/19/07!

5/30/07 - Medical

6/19/07 - Interview!!! - Approved!!!

7/6/07 - VISA delivered!!!

7/21/07 - Fiance arrives

AOS

11/30/07 - Mailed packet Priority w/signature

12/2/07 - Received in Chicago

12/7/07 - Check cashed

12/10/07 - Received 3 NOA1s via snail mail

12/27/07 - RFE - Tax returns

12/27/07 - RFE returned

1/3/08 - RFE received at Lee's Summit

1/8/08 - I-485 Receipt # shows up in case status

1/15/08 - Case transferred to CSC

1/30/08 - Email: EAD Card production ordered

2/1/08 - Email: AP approval

2/8/08 - EAD card received

4/4/08 - RFE for full medical

6/9/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USPS)

6/16/08 - RFE received at CSC (according to USCIS)

6/19/08 - Card production ordered

6/24/08 - Approval email & Welcome letter in mail

6/26/08 - Card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Belly's Girl :thumbs:

Michele - the DC Caribbean carnival is June 23-24..that's the only way we'll see in my costume :P I forgot the dates in Baltimore in July and September. I'll check with Trinidad. We also plan on attending the Jamaican Indpendence Day celebration Kelly was referring too.

Awwww....I'm going to miss it...That's my birthday weekend (June 23rd)--can u guess how old I'll be?? :whistle::whistle: Anyway, I plan on being in Jamaica during that time trying to get together some wedding stuff and spending time with my lovebug, sooo...maybe I can catch another one somewhere else....does anyone know if they have any sort of Carnival in NC? In fact, are there any Yardies up here that live in NC?? My friends and I also want to go to the big one in NY, but we're not sure if we're that brave yet...none of us have ever gone to one, so it should definitely be cool

Good luck relocating :thumbs: I think Darah (doodle) just relocated to NC :unsure:

Where do you live now? How far of a relocation is it?

I'm moving from Maryland...so it's not that far...4 1/2 hours-5 hours at the most...so not too bad

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
How old will you be? I don't wanna guess but you look like a baby.

I will be turning the big 3-0 this summer...I can't wait!! Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people still think that I look like a baby---I still get checked at the movies sometimes!! lol :blush:

Edited by Belly'sGirl

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

I will be turning the big 3-0 this summer...I can't wait!! Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people still think that I look like a baby---I still get checked at the movies sometimes!! lol :blush:

I'll be 42 next Friday and I had to laugh, I took my son to a place called Game Stop 2 weeks ago and the guy asked me for my drivers license (or if I had an ID) and I asked him ....for?? and he said, we *have* to card everyone that is under 30 yrs of age that is buying a Rated "M" game and I chuckled and said, well....thank you, I appreciate you thinking I'm under 30, but I'll be 42 in 2 weeks and he apologized and said....I'm sorry maam. I wanted to say.....Maam?? now hold up a minute !

Then that Friday night, I went to get some beer and was carded at the flippin liquor store and I said to the guy....oh come on now, I know I don't look like I'm anywhere near 21 ..... a week after that, Craig and I went to a bar and I NEVER carry ID with me to a bar (not that we go that often) and the bouncer would NOT let us in if I didn't go alll the way to my car and get my ID.

It's a GREAT thing ....but a hassle at times, but I'll work with the hassle ;o) ....

What date is your birthday ?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Talk to me, lol, I've been to JA 10 times in the past 13 months and me and my big belly is going next week. to be honest he did pay for a couple of my trips.

How far along are you? We were supposed to go to JA in Nov. but I will be 8 months preggo then :P We moved the trip to August instead.

I'm seven months,

Will the airlines require something from doctor stating how many weeks I am? I don't want them to not let me on the plane.

I'm going to the doctor on Sat. so I will ask.

JME - Have u thought about marriage counseling??

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

I'm seven months,

Will the airlines require something from doctor stating how many weeks I am? I don't want them to not let me on the plane.

If you go to your airline's website and look for 'special needs' they'll have their policy there. Some airlines let you fly up until 38 weeks with a doctor's note.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers (F)

Been going to marriage counseling with a certified/registered counselor since last Sept. Andre stopped going a few months ago but I still go every other week (too expensive to go every week on one income) Also tried seminars, pastoral counseling, church groups, bible studies, books, lessons etc...you name it I/we have tried it. It just all comes down to willingness and effort. Not to mention honesty to yourself about the situation and problems.

Trust me all this talk about Carnival and other events make me sooooo jealous...

What do I have to look forward to in our little farm town? Hmm lets see...there is:

~Raspberry Festival - to eat and buy things made with raspberries

~Farmer's Day parade to showcase all the new farm equipment and the prize cows/livestock of the county

~Holland Days - (my personal favorite :whistle: ) where everyone speaks in dutch and sells dutch things and eats dutch food. Don't forget the good old klompen dancing (those good old wooden shoes) Yes I will admit I have done it :blush:

Anyone want to trade? :lol:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

from the american airlines website

Traveling While Pregnant

In addition to the information below, please also be aware that a medical certificate is required if you will be traveling within 4 weeks of your delivery date in a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy

Domestic Travel (Not Including Travel Over Water)

For domestic flights under 5 hours, travel is not permitted within 7 days before and after your delivery date. If you should need to travel within 7 days before or after delivery, a medical certificate is required as well as clearance from our Special Assistance Coordinator.

International/Over Water Travel

For international travel or any flights over the water, travel is not advised within 30 days of the due date, unless you are examined by an obstetrician within 48 hours of outbound departure and certified in writing as medically stable for flight. Travel within 10 days of the due date for International travel must have clearance from our Special Assistance Coordinators. Travel within 7 days after delivery requires clearance as well.

thanks for the tip Aliengirl!

Timeline

:lol: I know what you mean. I will also be 30 this Aug and my daughter just turned 10. We went to a get together the other day and someone asked me how on earth could I have such a big daughter when I look like a child myself. I was cracking up....I'm used to it now I take it as a compliment. :yes:

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Talk to me, lol, I've been to JA 10 times in the past 13 months and me and my big belly is going next week. to be honest he did pay for a couple of my trips.

How far along are you? We were supposed to go to JA in Nov. but I will be 8 months preggo then :P We moved the trip to August instead.

I'm seven months,

I may be wrong, but I don't think your allowed to travel after 35 or 36 weeks..check with ur doctor

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I'm seven months,

I may be wrong, but I don't think your allowed to travel after 35 or 36 weeks..check with ur doctor

For me that would be sometime in mid-june

Timeline

For me that would be sometime in mid-june

When I was pregnant (13 1/2 yrs ago), my doctor told me that after my 7th month....no traveling. At that time, I was working for an airline at the time and was traveling back and forth from Arizona to Maryland. I took his advice because I didn't want to have a baby on the plane!!

It's up to your doctors discretion and of course the rules by the airline and each airlines rules are just a little different. Just an FYI.......When you also get to the gate (or on the plane), the gate agents (or flight attendants) don't need to go by the rules stated on the airline website or what reservations tells you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JUST WANTED TO SHARE....

Dear Jamie,

During this time of year when we celebrate Mothers, we're offering all our valued customers, both male and female, a 15% discount on purchases at www.Sams247.com.

It's easy to redeem your coupon. Now through Tuesday May 15, shop for the items you need, and then on the Checkout page, insert the following in the "Coupon Code" box: 0507. Click the Apply button to obtain your 15% Mother's Day discount.

The Mother's Day coupon is valid on all our products, except for items that are currently on sale.

Please feel free to pass this coupon along to friends and relatives. They'll thank you for it.

Don't forget, this offer is valid now through Tuesday, May 15, 2007.

As always, thanks for your support.

Sincerely,

Andrew Morris

SAM'S CARIBBEAN - Buy Caribbean Food, CDs, DVDs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.