5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Me and her said:

It is so stressful especially with the 3 days holidays comming :(:(

I know tell me about it !! 

Buttt .... who knows maybe they are on their way and will get to us tomorrow ! If not forsure on Tuesday ! Lets keep our hope strong ! 😊

51 minutes ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I wonder if the RFE regarding IMBRA only pertains to "dating" websites like OKCupid as an example.  We met on a messaging app called Tango.  I wonder too if I will get an RFE about that. But this is what I find odd.  Certainly online socializing, whether it occurs via a dating site or some other venue, is very common now.  I struggle to understand why USCIS would ask the petitioner for a copy of the site's T&Cs when:

1. It is easily available for them to check

2. by now they should know about the most common sites, why ask for something they have already seen countless times

3. Shouldn't it be their due diligence to verify if a site is IMBRA?

Perhaps I am not understanding something...

My guess is because they are a$$holes that hate their life and their job. The same reason why when I call to ask about my case because I am missing my sweetheart, they say things like, "You're case is in received, what do you want? What, you want an update? Well, even if it gets approved you will be waiting another 20 days before you will see it". 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Here's how I sent my petition as relates to the IMB thing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxio6ywSApf5MGgxeXg1dHpESVk

Since I have not seen an NOA2, not sure if it worked. That's yet to be determined.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

16 minutes ago, V&B said:

I know tell me about it !! 

Buttt .... who knows maybe they are on their way and will get to us tomorrow ! If not forsure on Tuesday ! Lets keep our hope strong ! 😊

I really hope so :) thank you for your beautiful words. I hope you have yours tomorrow :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

My guess is because they are a$$holes that hate their life and their job. The same reason why when I call to ask about my case because I am missing my sweetheart, they say things like, "You're case is in received, what do you want? What, you want an update? Well, even if it gets approved you will be waiting another 20 days before you will see it". 

I am not trying to make excuses, though here is something to consider. When it comes to their customer service desk, my guess is that they will NOT provide specific information simply because that would place their adjudicators in a tough role if a CS rep stated something that was not accurate. Unfortunately we live in a VERY litigious society.  No one can make a simple mistake without another wanting to cash in on that mistake.  To err is human. However now, to err can result in a financial transaction.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I wonder if the RFE regarding IMBRA only pertains to "dating" websites like OKCupid as an example.  We met on a messaging app called Tango.  I wonder too if I will get an RFE about that. But this is what I find odd.  Certainly online socializing, whether it occurs via a dating site or some other venue, is very common now.  I struggle to understand why USCIS would ask the petitioner for a copy of the site's T&Cs when:

1. It is easily available for them to check

2. by now they should know about the most common sites, why ask for something they have already seen countless times

3. Shouldn't it be their due diligence to verify if a site is IMBRA?

Perhaps I am not understanding something...

I didnt explain how we actually met only when we were together in the last 2 years.  We met 7 years ago.

11 minutes ago, ChisolmTrail said:

I am not trying to make excuses, though here is something to consider. When it comes to their customer service desk, my guess is that they will NOT provide specific information simply because that would place their adjudicators in a tough role if a CS rep stated something that was not accurate. Unfortunately we live in a VERY litigious society.  No one can make a simple mistake without another wanting to cash in on that mistake.  To err is human. However now, to err can result in a financial transaction.

Possible, but unlikely, not even my congressman or anyone else knows what's going on over there. It's very easy to check on a case without ever knowing who is working it, maybe not in the archaic system like what they seem to use, but it's possible. Plus, money for what? I just had a dentist drill into my sinus cavity last week and no lawyer will take the case. I think we are just dealing with tired, slow, bitter, etc, people. Someone else mentioned that they are likely minimum wage workers, which I think is likely, which ties into tired and a no care attitude. Whatever the case may be, I will be glad to be done and over with it soon.  Plus, there's a difference between what I expect out of them versus what is the reality.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Possible, but unlikely, not even my congressman or anyone else knows what's going on over there. It's very easy to check on a case without ever knowing who is working it, maybe not in the archaic system like what they seem to use, but it's possible. Plus, money for what? I just had a dentist drill into my sinus cavity last week and no lawyer will take the case. I think we are just dealing with tired, slow, bitter, etc, people. Someone else mentioned that they are likely minimum wage workers, which I think is likely, which ties into tired and a no care attitude. Whatever the case may be, I will be glad to be done and over with it soon.  

From a salary perspective, definitely not minimum wage. Look at Careers USCIS job vacancies.

4 minutes ago, ChisolmTrail said:

From a salary perspective, definitely not minimum wage. Look at Careers USCIS job vacancies.

Right back to "have no clue" then. Not that I even left "have no clue". All I can go on is how I am treated, which is poorly when dealing with them. And I am very respectful when I call, despite my rants and rage.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

7 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Right back to "have no clue" then. Not that I even left "have no clue". All I can go on is how I am treated, which is poorly when dealing with them. And I am very respectful when I call, despite my rants and rage.

They make good money, problem is, as with ANY government job, they are overworked. Not enough people to handle the case load. Also remember, they are just workers, they don't make the rules.. they just work by them.  

12 minutes ago, Teddybeard said:

They make good money, problem is, as with ANY government job, they are overworked. Not enough people to handle the case load. Also remember, they are just workers, they don't make the rules.. they just work by them.  

Yup. Like I have said before. I am irritated with it all, from a case worker, all the way to the top. The top defined as the ethos of society itself which manifests into these systems of cr@pola. It's not like we live in a reality of inadequate resources and technology. What we live in is a system born out of 2000+-year-old ideas that no longer align with the technical and scientific potential of today.

I rarely deal with the governments, for this reason. I will be so glad to fade away into obscurity once this is over.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

1 minute ago, Angel&Eric said:

I got my MNL number today!!

One more box checked!

Congrats!!! :) It must feel great. :) 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Congrats!!! :) It must feel great. :) 

It does.  But we may need to tap the brakes a little bit.   Angels dad is in the hospital with severe pneumonia.  Trying not to get too many mixed emotions going on there.  

We will see how this all turns out.

6 minutes ago, Angel&Eric said:

It does.  But we may need to tap the brakes a little bit.   Angels dad is in the hospital with severe pneumonia.  Trying not to get too many mixed emotions going on there.  

We will see how this all turns out.

Sorry to hear about that 🙁. Hoping for speedy and full recovery.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.