5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How many of us in Feb. filer are still waiting for NOA2? This is ridiculous! :unsure:

Here 😅😛😵

7 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

All kinds of YES!!

After waiting for almost TWO months after our NOA2, we finally have the interview scheduled!! His biometrics appointment is today (Sunday), medical next Saturday, and interview on September 8th. We were REALLY hoping to have the visa in-hand before that, but there were no appointments available until then. We aren't sure we'll be able to keep our October 28th wedding date because he has to give a month's notice. But at least we have everything scheduled.

Good luck! What happens if he doesn't give a month's notice?

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
8 hours ago, bluruce said:

Well, I woke up this morning and checked my emails. Looks like i have a letter from homeland security. IM HOPING THIS IS NOA2! GDI

Prayers are with you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Good luck! What happens if he doesn't give a month's notice?

Thanks! I asked him the same thing... he said they would probably dock his pay - and we need every penny (and rupee) for the wedding and for while he can't work. He and I will talk about it later and decide what exactly we need to do.

He is also trying to sell his house in Kerala (southern India). Anyone want to buy a house in India?? :jest:

On 8/3/2017 at 8:19 PM, Dhanu and Justin said:

Thanks!!! Congrats to you too!!! And, in an ldr for almost 5 years. Known each other for 8 almost 9 years!!! 

wow, 5 years is no joke! congratulations and you must be very excited and relieved to close the distance finally! =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

On 8/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, tab0712 said:

It is 2017 that are looking at and make a determination off of, but would like other years submitted. And it is Annual Gross... so before deductions. You can relax

wait, but there is no IRS tax return available for this year yet. so the only irs tax return, 1040 form, w2 available are only up to 2016. will these work? i guess there is always the employer letter and that can state current annual pay for 2017.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

5 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I really feel like giving ACRO a stern talking to....

As I posted earlier, we had to push back my fiance's medical appointment from his original date of August 7th to August 16th because we were still waiting on documentation.  My fiance just completed a trip to his home country to get a bunch of paperwork (birth certificate, vaccination records, letter from his doctor, police certificate, etc.) for the medical and visa interview.  He was able to get that after a little time there but would have still been able to make the medical appointment on the 7th.  But, we kept waiting and waiting on the UK Police Certificate to arrive in the mail.  When we originally did his application online, we decided to pay for the expedited processing to make sure it would arrive well before his medical appointment.  As of Monday, there was still no police certificate in the mail so we decided to delay his medical just to be safe and to not have to pay a reschedule fee in trying to reschedule the medical less than 3 business days before the appointment.

We sent an email to ACRO customer support on Monday (their website says you have to wait 8 working days after the number of working days for processing you paid for before contacting them) and they stated that his police certificate was mailed out 2 days after his application was submitted and was likely lost in the mail.  They asked him to confirm his address before talking about next steps.  He replied to their email giving his address and then they responded on Thursday saying that he could call in to make payment for additional certificates and enhanced delivery.  They stated that enhanced delivery would be trackable and would arrive the next business day.  So, we had resigned ourselves to calling on Monday, paying more money, and guaranteeing receipt of the police certificates this time.

Lo and behold, suddenly today his police certificates showed up in the mail.  This is almost 3 weeks from the date they claimed they had mailed it.  I really believe that they hadn't mailed it at all and didn't mail it until we sent the email on Monday.  If they had mailed it when they originally said they did, it would have arrived much sooner.  I know mail can be slow but standard mail in the UK shouldn't take almost 3 weeks to arrive.  So now feeling a bit frustrated that he could have kept his original medical appointment.  Now, with his medical on the 16th, there will only be 6 business days between his medical and interview.  The London Embassy states to allow 5 business days between the two appointments to make sure the medical arrives at the embassy.  So, he should still be okay but, of course, I'm feeling nervous that it won't make it in time.  There would have been plenty of time with the original medical appointment.

So, for those in the UK who might still be waiting on NOA2 or your number from NVC, I would suggest ordering your police certificate now.  I know we should have ordered it earlier but I really wanted the case number from NVC first, especially given all the delays during this process that have occurred to others and myself with NVC, to make sure we were ready for the next steps.  Looking back, though, we should have ordered it as soon as we got our NOA2 and would have been fine since they say that the certificate is valid for 6 months.

Sorry for the long rant but needed a few minutes to vent :)

ugghh - so frustrating. i always think that with this whole process, you can never relax...just when you think that you are doing everything as per the book and things are going smoothly, something always comes up. it's like a freaking obstacle course!

but good thing to move the medical since personally i would rather be confident that i have everything than go ahead and be worried that i am missing something!

your 

4 hours ago, TriloByte said:

That is indeed all we can do, is be there for each other. This process has taught me so many things.

• What it feels like to lose hope, then regain hope, then lose hope, then regain hope, round and round.
  • How to provide support to my fiancee.
  • That my fiancee and I are committed to each other and strong.
  • How to curse at a mailman.
  • How to stalk a mailman.
  • How patience tested on a timeline affects a human being's sanity in general.
  • How to get in a fight with my fiancee and recover.
  • What it feels like to being lied to over and over by the government.
  • How my coworkers react to me yelling at them on the phone when USCIS has me in a rage
  • What it feels like to have my ex-wife schedule a meeting at Starbucks with my new fiancee and me attempting to control how we discipline the kids. It was the ultimate in cringeworthy. I tried to hide, but I was sitting right between them.

And so many other weird and wonderful things.

Oh, may i add: How to beat an obstacle course.

your 

Timeline
16 hours ago, useful89 said:

Where do you get updated case info? The app shows nothing for me

On the case tracker app or USCIS site. But they said it's not updated. Try to check your case.

16 hours ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I am 

Look likes there are lots of Feb. filers are still waiting. How long should we wait.😞

15 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

i'm here with you...day 164 and waiting....

I feel you. Hoping that our NOA2 is on the way.

11 hours ago, GInAustin said:

177 here

my NOA1 is Feb.20

Timeline
16 hours ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I'm over 60 days since they received my RFE and still waiting 

Oh my??! Did you tried to call and ask them? 

3 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Oh my??! Did you tried to call and ask them? 

Yes. I spoke with a tier 2 and got the standard have to wait response 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bannonmh194 said:

Yes. I spoke with a tier 2 and got the standard have to wait response 

What did tier2 said? We're same waiting after rfe response sent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.