5,920 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Missabc said:

Still waiting, 163 days so far. We called USCIS yesterday and they were no help the advisor he spoke to just said there is 'no time scale, it's just when they make a decision' so my fiance said so your telling me they can either approve us tomorrow or in 2 years? so the advisor started stumbling on their words and said no. At that point my fiance asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor advised us if we haven't heard anything in 2 weeks to call back as we would be over the 30 day mark of them receiving our RFE response. 

Irritated isn't the word. 

I'm over 60 days since they received my RFE and still waiting 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
13 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How many of us in Feb. filer are still waiting for NOA2? This is ridiculous! :unsure:

i'm here with you...day 164 and waiting....

6 minutes ago, bluruce said:

Finally got my NOA2. I hope the rest of you still stuck in FEB get yours soon. It has been a headache!

So it looks like now I have to: 

1. Wait for NVC to give me my case number

2. Once case number has been obtained, schedule medical exams

3. Fill out and send DS-160 to fiance

4. Schedule interview

Am I missing a step? Thought I had this memorized :X

Congrats! For me it was submit ds160 and pay visa fee>schedule interview >schedule medical(in trinidad the medical could only be scheduled if u have a interview letter from embassy)  

go to your country portal and see the order in which things happen.

Good luck! 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How many of us in Feb. filer are still waiting for NOA2? This is ridiculous! :unsure:

177 here

5 hours ago, ArgJRP said:

Case is approved and arrive in U.S on 8/16.  Lesson learned is pay very careful attention to the specific documents asked for and that you fully understand the process.  The embassy didn't send packet 3 until I emailed them directly and then I received incorrect information two times.  The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa but is treated as an immigrant visa in many ways thus confusing the staff.  Also found the American Services group much more responsive.  They may simply forward you to immigration section but at least you can get a response.

So you bought plane tickets before your visa is in hand?

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

23 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

So you bought plane tickets before your visa is in hand?

Definitely wouldn't recommend doing that... from my experience- approved on 21st July and still waiting on visa🤕🤷🏾‍♀️

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, useful89 said:

Where do you get updated case info? The app shows nothing for me

From what I can tell (and my February filer friends can correct me if I am wrong).....they only update RFEs  (and do not do that reliably). Mine still says my case was "received" and I have had my NOA2 for a couple of weeks now...

1 hour ago, FindHerKeepHer said:

Definitely wouldn't recommend doing that... from my experience- approved on 21st July and still waiting on visa🤕🤷🏾‍♀️

Seems very risky 😁

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

The case was approved on 7/24 and she had the visa in hand less than a week later.  So everything is ready to go.  Best of luck to everyone still waiting.  I did buy the flight before visa in hand but the embassy handled things well after interview and shipped it via DHL

Edited by ArgJRP

I really feel like giving ACRO a stern talking to....

As I posted earlier, we had to push back my fiance's medical appointment from his original date of August 7th to August 16th because we were still waiting on documentation.  My fiance just completed a trip to his home country to get a bunch of paperwork (birth certificate, vaccination records, letter from his doctor, police certificate, etc.) for the medical and visa interview.  He was able to get that after a little time there but would have still been able to make the medical appointment on the 7th.  But, we kept waiting and waiting on the UK Police Certificate to arrive in the mail.  When we originally did his application online, we decided to pay for the expedited processing to make sure it would arrive well before his medical appointment.  As of Monday, there was still no police certificate in the mail so we decided to delay his medical just to be safe and to not have to pay a reschedule fee in trying to reschedule the medical less than 3 business days before the appointment.

We sent an email to ACRO customer support on Monday (their website says you have to wait 8 working days after the number of working days for processing you paid for before contacting them) and they stated that his police certificate was mailed out 2 days after his application was submitted and was likely lost in the mail.  They asked him to confirm his address before talking about next steps.  He replied to their email giving his address and then they responded on Thursday saying that he could call in to make payment for additional certificates and enhanced delivery.  They stated that enhanced delivery would be trackable and would arrive the next business day.  So, we had resigned ourselves to calling on Monday, paying more money, and guaranteeing receipt of the police certificates this time.

Lo and behold, suddenly today his police certificates showed up in the mail.  This is almost 3 weeks from the date they claimed they had mailed it.  I really believe that they hadn't mailed it at all and didn't mail it until we sent the email on Monday.  If they had mailed it when they originally said they did, it would have arrived much sooner.  I know mail can be slow but standard mail in the UK shouldn't take almost 3 weeks to arrive.  So now feeling a bit frustrated that he could have kept his original medical appointment.  Now, with his medical on the 16th, there will only be 6 business days between his medical and interview.  The London Embassy states to allow 5 business days between the two appointments to make sure the medical arrives at the embassy.  So, he should still be okay but, of course, I'm feeling nervous that it won't make it in time.  There would have been plenty of time with the original medical appointment.

So, for those in the UK who might still be waiting on NOA2 or your number from NVC, I would suggest ordering your police certificate now.  I know we should have ordered it earlier but I really wanted the case number from NVC first, especially given all the delays during this process that have occurred to others and myself with NVC, to make sure we were ready for the next steps.  Looking back, though, we should have ordered it as soon as we got our NOA2 and would have been fine since they say that the certificate is valid for 6 months.

Sorry for the long rant but needed a few minutes to vent :)

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

5 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I really feel like giving ACRO a stern talking to....

As I posted earlier, we had to push back my fiance's medical appointment from his original date of August 7th to August 16th because we were still waiting on documentation.  My fiance just completed a trip to his home country to get a bunch of paperwork (birth certificate, vaccination records, letter from his doctor, police certificate, etc.) for the medical and visa interview.  He was able to get that after a little time there but would have still been able to make the medical appointment on the 7th.  But, we kept waiting and waiting on the UK Police Certificate to arrive in the mail.  When we originally did his application online, we decided to pay for the expedited processing to make sure it would arrive well before his medical appointment.  As of Monday, there was still no police certificate in the mail so we decided to delay his medical just to be safe and to not have to pay a reschedule fee in trying to reschedule the medical less than 3 business days before the appointment.

We sent an email to ACRO customer support on Monday (their website says you have to wait 8 working days after the number of working days for processing you paid for before contacting them) and they stated that his police certificate was mailed out 2 days after his application was submitted and was likely lost in the mail.  They asked him to confirm his address before talking about next steps.  He replied to their email giving his address and then they responded on Thursday saying that he could call in to make payment for additional certificates and enhanced delivery.  They stated that enhanced delivery would be trackable and would arrive the next business day.  So, we had resigned ourselves to calling on Monday, paying more money, and guaranteeing receipt of the police certificates this time.

Lo and behold, suddenly today his police certificates showed up in the mail.  This is almost 3 weeks from the date they claimed they had mailed it.  I really believe that they hadn't mailed it at all and didn't mail it until we sent the email on Monday.  If they had mailed it when they originally said they did, it would have arrived much sooner.  I know mail can be slow but standard mail in the UK shouldn't take almost 3 weeks to arrive.  So now feeling a bit frustrated that he could have kept his original medical appointment.  Now, with his medical on the 16th, there will only be 6 business days between his medical and interview.  The London Embassy states to allow 5 business days between the two appointments to make sure the medical arrives at the embassy.  So, he should still be okay but, of course, I'm feeling nervous that it won't make it in time.  There would have been plenty of time with the original medical appointment.

So, for those in the UK who might still be waiting on NOA2 or your number from NVC, I would suggest ordering your police certificate now.  I know we should have ordered it earlier but I really wanted the case number from NVC first, especially given all the delays during this process that have occurred to others and myself with NVC, to make sure we were ready for the next steps.  Looking back, though, we should have ordered it as soon as we got our NOA2 and would have been fine since they say that the certificate is valid for 6 months.

Sorry for the long rant but needed a few minutes to vent :)

Very good advice. Everything possible is best to be ready before NOA2.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

1 minute ago, TriloByte said:

Very good advice. Everything possible is best to be ready before NOA2.

Agreed.  If someone can learn from my experience, then I see that as something positive out of this.  Seeing the delays that were happening with the December and January filers, I was hesitant to order the police certificate because I had no idea when NOA2 would happen for us.  Once we had NOA2 we should have ordered the police certificate but I still delayed because of the stories I had read here about month(s) delay with some cases getting to/out of NVC.  Still lesson learned even though I will never have to live through this experience again :)

And I realize this is only a minor hiccup and I shouldn't be complaining, especially since there are many here still waiting on NOA2.  It's just really hard to plan going through a process that has no rhyme or reason to it and the best we can do is to be there for each other and learn from others experiences.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.