5,920 posts in this topic

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Canada856 said:

For those who have had their interview, what did you use as proof of domicile? Just not sure if I have enough. 

I don't believe they care about it in Canada, but Im bringing a copy of the first page of our lease we just signed in July (my name is on it too), A copy of his car insurance (which is also new bc he changed vehicles), a copy of his DL, and I have 3 months worth of paystubs for either that or for the banking.  Since he JUST moved his licence is his parents address and his paystubs are still listed as his apartment before that (never thought to change it to guess).  I've seen some people include a year of utilities but since he was living at his parents since November and he just moved into our new place in July, I only really have recent things.  Hope it will be okay!

I'll let you know next week if they asked for it/ if it was sufficient.

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Canada856 said:

For those who have had their interview, what did you use as proof of domicile? Just not sure if I have enough. 

8 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I don't believe they care about it in Canada, but Im bringing a copy of the first page of our lease we just signed in July (my name is on it too), A copy of his car insurance (which is also new bc he changed vehicles), a copy of his DL, and I have 3 months worth of paystubs for either that or for the banking.  Since he JUST moved his licence is his parents address and his paystubs are still listed as his apartment before that (never thought to change it to guess).  I've seen some people include a year of utilities but since he was living at his parents since November and he just moved into our new place in July, I only really have recent things.  Hope it will be okay!

I'll let you know next week if they asked for it/ if it was sufficient.

Thanks for asking this @Canada856

I was wondering about it too  (since it's also listed on the documents required for Algeria)

And I appreciate the ideas @eastcoastgroove those are some really good suggestions. Thank you! I am looking forward to hearing about how it goes next week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

I'm in USCIS purgatory......."please cleanse me of my sins and let me pass in USCIS heaven" ......faith is once again waning....

On 8/2/2017 at 8:28 AM, FindHerKeepHer said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! WELL DESERVED TO THE MAN OF THE FORUM! LOL GOOD LUCK!

Aww. Thanks. I just wish now that everyone waiting could experience the same joy. This wait is so damn cruel.

17 hours ago, iamdegie said:

hi guys, i am very happy to report that our visa have been approved yesterday! i am so happy and compared to the noa2, this now feels like real honest to goodness relief! i will leave a detailed review soon for all other UAE filers. =)

to all of you still waiting, please hang in there and don't give up. i am rooting for you all and know that your approvals are just around the corner.

Congrats!!!!! :) 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

13 hours ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

APPROVED!!! Picking up my visa on the 10th!!! Thank you for the support and courage , guys. Heart is exploding from happiness and all the good feels!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  8 years guys, 8 years!!!!

This is awesome news! Congrats!

13 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

I'm in USCIS purgatory......."please cleanse me of my sins and let me pass in USCIS heaven" ......faith is once again waning....

Here's the USCIS wait theme song. 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

This is awesome news! Congrats!

Here's the USCIS wait theme song. 

Holy #######...thats freaky af....but ...about right...lol

Timeline
1 hour ago, janet3 said:

I truly cannot express how much I feel for you guys that are still waiting. I am so very sorry. And I know that words won't even begin to bring any comfort. 

You are right.....you (and me and everyone else here) is one day closer.

I look forward to celebrating with you.

It will come.....

And we will all continue this roller coaster of a journey together....

Tomorrow I will be at 163 days ...same when you got yours according to your timeline....I'm hoping for a miracle of God.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Tomorrow I will be at 163 days ...same when you got yours according to your timeline....I'm hoping for a miracle of God.

I hope so too.....

But mine came by mail  (and I have slacker mailperson)..... so I didn't receive it until day 169  (my USCIS account still says "received")

This process....this wait.....everything about this is infuriating and stressful and problematic.....and....coupled with the fact that your in a long distance relationship.....the whole thing is frustrating and confusing....it's such a nightmare.....

Hopefully it will all end well for us soon....

Timeline

Just found this on another thread...in case anyone needs it

More Information on Security Checks, or as the FBI calls it the "NNCP" or National Name Check Program. Here is some information:

Name Check Database: Source of Data

The NNCP conducts manual and electronic searches of the FBI’s Central Records System (CRS) Universal Index (UNI). The CRS encompasses the centralized records of FBI Headquarters, field offices, and Legal Attache offices. The CRS contains all FBI investigative, administrative, personnel, and general files.

-Back to Top-

NNCP Process - Major Steps

The FBI NNCP conducts manual and electronic searches of the FBI’s Central Records System (CRS) and Universal Index (UNI) for all instances of applicant’s name and approximate date of birth in main case files or references. A main file name is that of an individual who is the subject of an FBI investigation whereas a reference is someone whose name appears in an FBI investigation.

1. Search Request

The agency/entity (UCSIS) submits a request to the FBI’s NNCP. Submissions are accepted via magnetic tape, hard copy, telephone, or fax.

2. Primary Search

The electronic (batch) submissions are searched against the UNI. The majority of the batch names are electronically returned as “no record” with 48-72 hours.

3. Secondary Search

A secondary “manual” search is done for names with possible reference or entries from the “hits” (possible matches) of the primary search.

4. Manual Review

The remaining paper files and/or electronic files are reviewed to ensure they are relevant to the name check request.

5. Disclosure of Search Results

Identifiable files ("Idents") are then analyzed for relevant or derogatory information that may be disseminated to the requesting agency/entity (USCIS). The NNCP forwards a summary of the information of the individual to the submitting agency/entity.

-Back to Top-

Explanation of Search Results

1. “No Record”

A “no record” indicates that the UNI database contains no identifiable information regarding a particular individual. By agreement with the Department of State, partially due to the concern about the time factors in approving visa requests, a "No Record" translates in to a "No Objection" to the issuance of a visa.

2. “Hit” (Possible Match)

If there is a match with a name in a FBI record, it is designated as a "Hit," meaning that the system has stopped on a possible match with the name being checked, but now a human being must review the file or index entry to further refine the names "Hit" upon.

3. "Ident" (Match)

If the search develops a name and birth date match of a “hit”, it is designated as an "Ident” which is then analyzed for relevant or derogatory information. 

4. Further Investigation is Needed

Additional review is required for searches that were not immediately eliminated as a "No Record" due to a name and birth date not being enough to positively match the file with an individual. A secondary manual search is done to determine a “no record” or a possible “hit”. The electronic and/or paper FBI record for these is retrieved and reviewed. Which is then determined a “hit” or “no record”.

-Back to Top-

Name Check Processing Time

The majority of name checks submitted are electronically checked and returned to the submitting agency as having "No Record" within 48-72 hours. The processing time for FBI name checks usually take from 30-120 days but timing does vary from case to case. The FBI’s intention is to have all visa requests processed within 120 days. Most name check requests that are over 60 days old are the result of the time required to retrieve and review field office record information. Any case which is not processed within this time frame is usually delayed because of a potential "hit" (match) which will be further reviewed manually.

-Back to Top-

Major Name Check Requesting Agencies

The FBI’s NNCP Section provides services to more than 70 federal, state, and local governments and entities. Although most name checks are conducted for each agency on a first-in, first-out basis, the contributing agency determines the order of resolution for priority, project, or expedite cases.

1. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) 

Submits name check requests on individuals applying for the following benefits: asylum, adjustment of status to legal permanent resident, naturalization, and waivers.

2. Office of Personnel Management

Submits name checks requests in order to determine an individual’s suitability and eligibility in seeking employment with the federal government.

3. Department of State

Submits FBI name check requests on individuals applying for visas. 

Not all visa matters require FBI name checks.

-Back to Top-

Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check

Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.

Our K1 interview is on the 21st so I am preparing our affidavit documents.

Last year I was only working part-time and at a lower salary I made about 10k. This year was when I began actually working full-time and my annual salary without deductions is 25,056 which is enough for the 125% poverty guideline for 2 people. I have a letter from my employer, but I am scared since I didn't make enough last year that we can get denied. I also, plan on including my last 6 pay stubs but they only show what I make with deductions which is below the guidelines. What do they look at most? Annual gross salary or your salary with deductions?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, eruiz3 said:

Last year I was only working part-time and at a lower salary I made about 10k. This year was when I began actually working full-time and my annual salary without deductions is 25,056 which is enough for the 125% poverty guideline for 2 people. I have a letter from my employer, but I am scared since I didn't make enough last year that we can get denied. I also, plan on including my last 6 pay stubs but they only show what I make with deductions which is below the guidelines. What do they look at most? Annual gross salary or your salary with deductions?

Thanks.

It is 2017 that are looking at and make a determination off of, but would like other years submitted. And it is Annual Gross... so before deductions. You can relax

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, eruiz3 said:

Thanks.

I was in a similar position and had a co-sponsor as well.  Everything went fine as we were approved.  I can't speak for all embassies but the U.S. embassy in Colombia was pretty relaxed about the evidence of financial support.  They glanced at it and made sure that it was signed.  As long as your co-sponsor meets all the financial requirements you should be fine.  Good luck!

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

28 minutes ago, Willy Wilcox said:

I was in a similar position and had a co-sponsor as well.  Everything went fine as we were approved.  I can't speak for all embassies but the U.S. embassy in Colombia was pretty relaxed about the evidence of financial support.  They glanced at it and made sure that it was signed.  As long as your co-sponsor meets all the financial requirements you should be fine.  Good luck!

I do have a cosponsor but she is only willing to give me her tax returns for 2016 and 2015. Not sure if that is significant supporting documents. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.