5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, GInAustin said:

I'm not a person that likes to cause waves and I believe in getting in line and waiting like everyone else but I do t particularly like line jumpers and for the most part nobody else does when you have waited in line 170 days. I've called many times, filed for for an inquiry and written two congressmen.  Why do they continue to process filings from April, May and Noe June when there are so many of us being ignored. What's step did some of us miss?  I'm so confused and now frustrated. Don't want to be a downer but who messed up this process?  I'll pay extra if you tell me who to pay!  Please, someone tel me!

Yep, right there with you.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JulzGhen said:

No RFE, just waiting for them to do something, preferably noa2

i have an RFE but already sent waiting for the NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

For those with security clearance pending there is a foia form to request your information from the clearance and you have the right to set it straight....doesnt help beneficiary but I figure its a start to figure out wth is going on.......google uscis foia form...im gonna handle this asap......

12 hours ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Hello all, I remember someone from Canada posting on here about their case showing 'Ready' a few times, and the date kept changing on the CEAC tracker.... just trying to remember what that was about but I can't find it on here, was it on this thread?

can't remember the poster from Canada but mine did this too, the status remained ready but the date updated line changed once. i'm doing my interview in the uae. i was hoping they opened my file to send me packet 3, but no, i did not get packet 3 at all. so i do not know exactly what caused the changed date, all i can think of was an email i sent to the embassy several days before the changed date (and which they never replied on).

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

14 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

So after all this...all I get is a letter saying Mine is on processing hold for strong security checks and they do not know when they'll be done.....just ....broken....

what a bummer. what does a strong security check mean?

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

10 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Believe I know...I told my fiance and told him ai was distressed and he says...get this..."well let me know if you wanna give up"....I was like yah...thats what I wanna hear.....then I write hime a bit later and say ...maybe we should think of a plan b if this doesnt work out....he says...u need to stop thinking of this and stop this in its roots...I don't wanna hear this after a tiring day......I told him I need to be alone....he said "me too, lets take a break"....so needless to say.....my moid is lower than ever...I did some  research on vj and some people get stuck in the security check for like up to a year....my only solace is that when the congresswoman got a response in latw june...we were still processing...so I'm hoping that ...as of the inquiry date ...july 10th maybe that when someone actually started the security clearance ...so maybe after 15 days...letter dated 25th...maybe it just wasnt enough time...on friday the rep said it has just been assigned so maybe I'm freaking out over nothing idk...but this feels like a black hole...still waiting on kamala ans feinstein and ombudsman...so so sad...I leave to see him in 10 days ...I was hoping for good news...now I just feel disconnected and hopeless

don't give up. take a breather and cool down but don't give up. hang in there!

your 

10 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I hope this doesn't come across as uncaring, because all of us have experienced the frustration of waiting and waiting. Your waiting is excessive and who knows why. However, it seems that this trial has discouraged him to an extraordinary extent. My fiance and I had the discussion, "What if... it doesn't pass... we are denied... etc" Without missing a beat, my fiance asked if I would be willing to give up living in the States to move to Delhi, temporarily, to marry him then apply for a K3 visa and wait until it is approved. I've always known that this visa process won't keep us apart forever.

There will be trials in life much greater than a visa. As much as we don't like to think about it right now amidst the joys of new love and dreams of "happily ever after," the truth is that life is HARD. Marriage is HARD. This process, while stressful, is a reminder that our beloved is worth any hardship because these trials can strengthen us for the future.

I'm sure some will disagree with me and that's fine. But this is how my fiance and I have dealt with the burdens of an international relationship - we are stronger because of it. Perhaps you and your fiance need to have some very serious discussions about relationship expectations, conflict resolutions, and open communication. Because, again, life is hard, but it's harder if we deny that it's hard.

I sincerely wish you the best and hope that you make it through this. You've come so far...

everybody on here does know the difficulties and an ldr and OP's frustration about the whole process is something we can all relate to. that being said, i see your point, the visa is just one hurdle we all have to go through. we have marriage and a whole other host of adjustments and life issues to deal with in the visa. in the grand scheme of things, waiting for this visa is the easy part. but don't get me wrong, between my fiance and i, he is the one who has the patience of a saint and has been chill about this whole process while i have been on a roller coaster of emotions all throughout. sometimes though, you just want your significant other to join you in the misery even for just a moment, and his being all calm and being all unaffected drives me nuts sometimes.

your 

10 hours ago, TriloByte said:

It's also worth noting that this process has brought out the absolute worst in me many times. My fiancee and I have learned to be much more understanding with each other and try to see that it's this sh1tty situation that's causing a majority of disagreements that we have had. I know this probably doesn't help when knowing that the wait is getting even longer now, but if there was ever a time to be forgiving, this might be it.

me too, it has caused me to lash out and be all moody. this process is testing and frustrating and brings out the worst in people. =(

your 

2 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

For those with security clearance pending there is a foia form to request your information from the clearance and you have the right to set it straight....doesnt help beneficiary but I figure its a start to figure out wth is going on.......google uscis foia form...im gonna handle this asap......

just remembered @Missabc's case - they were also put on an extended security check, which might be because of one box they missed out about criminal record. did you try and go over your I-129F form recently again to see if there might be clues on there?

your 

Timeline
1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

just remembered @Missabc's case - they were also put on an extended security check, which might be because of one box they missed out about criminal record. did you try and go over your I-129F form recently again to see if there might be clues on there?

We actually had the same RFE. We responded them with additional references such as police and court clearance to make sure.

Timeline
2 hours ago, iamdegie said:

Hmmm I'll check....oh...and idk why I said strong...lol...maybe cause I was strongly mad ...lmao

Timeline
2 hours ago, iamdegie said:

I checked that page...section 3 ? Only thing I did was check the three no's since the convictions and waivers didnt apply...

13 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I hope this doesn't come across as uncaring, because all of us have experienced the frustration of waiting and waiting. Your waiting is excessive and who knows why. However, it seems that this trial has discouraged him to an extraordinary extent. My fiance and I had the discussion, "What if... it doesn't pass... we are denied... etc" Without missing a beat, my fiance asked if I would be willing to give up living in the States to move to Delhi, temporarily, to marry him then apply for a K3 visa and wait until it is approved. I've always known that this visa process won't keep us apart forever.

There will be trials in life much greater than a visa. As much as we don't like to think about it right now amidst the joys of new love and dreams of "happily ever after," the truth is that life is HARD. Marriage is HARD. This process, while stressful, is a reminder that our beloved is worth any hardship because these trials can strengthen us for the future.

I'm sure some will disagree with me and that's fine. But this is how my fiance and I have dealt with the burdens of an international relationship - we are stronger because of it. Perhaps you and your fiance need to have some very serious discussions about relationship expectations, conflict resolutions, and open communication. Because, again, life is hard, but it's harder if we deny that it's hard.

I sincerely wish you the best and hope that you make it through this. You've come so far...

I fully endorse this statement... 🙌🏽👌🏾 

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.