5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I'm pretty sure it was me! It was probably in this thread but I do look at the other months as well so not 100% sure.  

ok!! so our case left NVC 07/21 and has been In Transit since then, then just today 07/27 it switched to Ready and "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal..." etc etc. I just feel a bit lost as to what I can do now, I am working on the DS-160 and nearly ready to submit it, once I do that can I go ahead and email Packet 3 to them?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

ok!! so our case left NVC 07/21 and has been In Transit since then, then just today 07/27 it switched to Ready and "Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal..." etc etc. I just feel a bit lost as to what I can do now, I am working on the DS-160 and nearly ready to submit it, once I do that can I go ahead and email Packet 3 to them?

:D Congrats!

Edited by TexasHeartsIndia
correction...

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

You can submit it, in hope it's actually ready.... But probably it won't be 😑.  A reminder of my timeline at the Montreal embassy so far: June 29- ready- sent packet 3.  July 6 (but there was 2 holidays here)- received an email saying they were processing my case and would notify me when they were done.  I can't remember but my case updated the date about 4-5 times (I think the 6, 12, 17, 18).  I just kept resending packet 3 every time the date changed.  Finally I got packet 4 on the 19th.  I still haven't physically gotten packet 3 in the mail yet but my fiance got a letter about it yesterday and he said it was dated the 18 (so that's the date they were actually ready for me... 2 1/2 weeks after it first said ready).  Hopefully you will get through faster!!

20 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Believe me I'm not either...this has def had an affect on my wellbeing in more ways than one...and his immature responses do not help...ty for the kind words...

It's also worth noting that this process has brought out the absolute worst in me many times. My fiancee and I have learned to be much more understanding with each other and try to see that it's this sh1tty situation that's causing a majority of disagreements that we have had. I know this probably doesn't help when knowing that the wait is getting even longer now, but if there was ever a time to be forgiving, this might be it.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not a person that likes to cause waves and I believe in getting in line and waiting like everyone else but I do t particularly like line jumpers and for the most part nobody else does when you have waited in line 170 days. I've called many times, filed for for an inquiry and written two congressmen.  Why do they continue to process filings from April, May and Noe June when there are so many of us being ignored. What's step did some of us miss?  I'm so confused and now frustrated. Don't want to be a downer but who messed up this process?  I'll pay extra if you tell me who to pay!  Please, someone tel me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, GInAustin said:

I'm not a person that likes to cause waves and I believe in getting in line and waiting like everyone else but I do t particularly like line jumpers and for the most part nobody else does when you have waited in line 170 days. I've called many times, filed for for an inquiry and written two congressmen.  Why do they continue to process filings from April, May and Noe June when there are so many of us being ignored. What's step did some of us miss?  I'm so confused and now frustrated. Don't want to be a downer but who messed up this process?  I'll pay extra if you tell me who to pay!  Please, someone tel me!

I feel you ....I'll be moving into the 160s soon....this ish is ridiculous...I habe written so many people...I did read that one year here they did a mass emailing to everyone even tv stations...and it worked....this isn't fair and I honestly don't believe all their generic "excuses" I l'm starting to think its bull and you just get new ones the more you ask...and this security one just puts you on complete hold....screw them 

28 minutes ago, GInAustin said:

Nobody knows. Maybe a background check that takes longer? There are all sorts of theories. The biggest issue I had, was the absolute silence and lack of updates from USCIS. It's unacceptable. What's the harm in sending a person an update saying "Your case is pending a background check" or whatever? It's not like we are upset over a movie being released late on DVD, we are literally separated from our loved ones.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Believe I know...I told my fiance and told him ai was distressed and he says...get this..."well let me know if you wanna give up"....I was like yah...thats what I wanna hear.....then I write hime a bit later and say ...maybe we should think of a plan b if this doesnt work out....he says...u need to stop thinking of this and stop this in its roots...I don't wanna hear this after a tiring day......I told him I need to be alone....he said "me too, lets take a break"....so needless to say.....my moid is lower than ever...I did some  research on vj and some people get stuck in the security check for like up to a year....my only solace is that when the congresswoman got a response in latw june...we were still processing...so I'm hoping that ...as of the inquiry date ...july 10th maybe that when someone actually started the security clearance ...so maybe after 15 days...letter dated 25th...maybe it just wasnt enough time...on friday the rep said it has just been assigned so maybe I'm freaking out over nothing idk...but this feels like a black hole...still waiting on kamala ans feinstein and ombudsman...so so sad...I leave to see him in 10 days ...I was hoping for good news...now I just feel disconnected and hopeless

My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you get the approval soon.  A long hard battle that hopefully will be a distant memory. Good luck to you. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ana&Matt said:

AHHHHH!!!!

NOA2 is here!!!!

And the only tracker updated!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Sin título.jpg

So happy for you, that's a long time waiting.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Believe I know...I told my fiance and told him ai was distressed and he says...get this..."well let me know if you wanna give up"....I was like yah...thats what I wanna hear.....then I write hime a bit later and say ...maybe we should think of a plan b if this doesnt work out....he says...u need to stop thinking of this and stop this in its roots...I don't wanna hear this after a tiring day......I told him I need to be alone....he said "me too, lets take a break"....so needless to say.....my moid is lower than ever...I did some  research on vj and some people get stuck in the security check for like up to a year....my only solace is that when the congresswoman got a response in latw june...we were still processing...so I'm hoping that ...as of the inquiry date ...july 10th maybe that when someone actually started the security clearance ...so maybe after 15 days...letter dated 25th...maybe it just wasnt enough time...on friday the rep said it has just been assigned so maybe I'm freaking out over nothing idk...but this feels like a black hole...still waiting on kamala ans feinstein and ombudsman...so so sad...I leave to see him in 10 days ...I was hoping for good news...now I just feel disconnected and hopeless

We and my fiancee have been having the same stressful feelings.  But we both know we want to be together it's just all this waiting.  I know whenever we get Noa2, everything will be back to normal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.