5,920 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, AA&OMAR said:

Me I'm still left 😭, getting harder each time. 

Austin too. It's the hardest thing I've been through, other than divorce. Hang in there. It should be soon.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Camie said:

I called the USCIS and when I would put in my receipt number, it would just tell me I'm not entering enough digits so obviously my call can't push through. This is so frustrating. They're clearly backed up or they messed up somewhere and are getting tons of calls so I feel as if they purposely block anyone who wants to inquire about their cases by phone. :(

Have to use numbers for wac also.  

2 hours ago, Maria & Lester said:

Hei All,

this is may be stupid question , but can you please help?

1. Instruction for I-134 Affidavit says "YOU MUST SIGN FORM I-134 IN YOUR FULL NAME"    Can you please tell me what does "SIGN IN YOUR FULL NAME" Means?  Do my fiance(as sponsor) just write his full name and don't put his cryptic signature? or sign and write his full name ?

2. Should Form I-134 Notarized because USCIS said   " (Note: Signing Form I-134 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law).  For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it. "

thankyou guys for helping me to answer it

I think I should try to answer this, before it gets lost....  it means to sign his full name as signature.  As far as the notarized I-134, it isn't necessary.  Make sure you have a second notarized intent to marry affidavit.   It should be an updated one....

Edited by Me and her

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Me and her said:

I think I should try to answer this, before it gets lost....  it means to sign his full name as signature.  As far as the notarized I-134, it isn't necessary.  Make sure you have a second notarized intent to marry affidavit.   It should be an updated one....

The second intent to marry needs to be notorized? That would mean $100 to both of ours. It's $50 USD per stamp at the US Consular office in Cancun. I just don't have that laying around :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Me and her said:

That's the first time I've heard of the intent to marry needing to be notarized... I even went through VJs visa guides to double check the embassy lists.

35 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

The second intent to marry needs to be notorized? That would mean $100 to both of ours. It's $50 USD per stamp at the US Consular office in Cancun. I just don't have that laying around :(

26 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

That's the first time I've heard of the intent to marry needing to be notarized... I even went through VJs visa guides to double check the embassy lists.

I just know that my lawyer sent to me and told me to notarize it.  Maybe a little different.  I am sorry for causing confusion....... I had it notarized for free in the States at my bank, and sent...., and no word on the beneficiary needing to have it notarized.  Hope this helped.  (Maybe the lawyer was being overly cautious...:huh:)

Edited by Me and her

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

We just had our visa approved at the U.S. Embassy in Colombia.  They did not even ask to see any evidence or proof of an ongoing relationship.  They were really only interested in the evidence of financial support.  I did not have our second intent to marry letter notarized.  But I'm sure that each embassy operates differently but I personally don't think it's necessary.

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

1 minute ago, Willy Wilcox said:

We just had our visa approved at the U.S. Embassy in Colombia.  They did not even ask to see any evidence or proof of an ongoing relationship.  They were really only interested in the evidence of financial support.  I did not have our second intent to marry letter notarized.  But I'm sure that each embassy operates differently but I personally don't think it's necessary.

Thanks for helping on this....  Congratulations,  by the way!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Me and her said:

I just know that my lawyer sent to me and told me to notarize it.  Maybe a little different.  I am sorry for causing confusion....... I had it notarized for free in the States at my bank, and sent...., and no word on the beneficiary needing to have it notarized.  Hope this helped.  (Maybe the lawyer was being overly cautious...:huh:)

We had the I-134 form notarized because my friend's dad is a lawyer and he told us that any affidavit should be notarized.  I don't think that it was necessary but he did it for us for free as well.

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

4 hours ago, Maria & Lester said:
1 hour ago, Me and her said:

Rapid visa told me no need notarized and i just worry because my fiancee have 3digit names --> first,middle, and last name.

but his cryptic sign ussualy only First (middle only initial) and his last name.

makes me confused because indonesian who already get approve tell me that she notarized her Affidavit of support.

1 hour ago, Me and her said:

but many thanks for helping me to give me feedback.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, janet3 said:

I realize this is little to no comfort to you  (or @Ana&Matt or @bluruce or @GInAustin or @Missabc or @Lovemycroatianman and the other February 2017 filers that haven't received the NOA2) but I truly feel your pain. I had thought we would all get the NOA2 at the same time and would all go through this together. And I truly believe that within the next week or so you will all receive it. You guys have offered me support and comfort and hope. You have all let me rant and vent and curse....and I am truly thankful. Without you guys I never would have made it this far  (and I realize it is far from over) And I desperately want to do the same for y'all.

It will come. The piece of paper will come and life will actually start moving forward again.

I look forward to continuing this journey with you guys...

Ohh the time will come!! And we will celebrate with some hurricanes!!! So happy for you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 25/07/2017 at 11:54 PM, RaptureSongbird said:

When I called to make the appointment they asked me what day I wanted and then they gave me the time options for that day.  That was on July 14 and I was able to request August 7th no problem.  So I'm guessing you can just tell them what day at the end of August works best for you and they will let you know the times that are available.

And, you don't have to have the DS160 done to schedule the medical.  When you call they only ask for the LND number and don't even ask about the DS160.  We completed the DS160 after I had made the medical appointment.  I know the steps on the London Embassy website say to do the DS160 first, but I had no problems doing things a little out of order :)

Ok this is good to know! I'm calling next week. Thanks for the information 😀

54 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Just received my passport in the mail 8 days after my interview, and I fly in about 40 hours!!!!! Talk about cutting it fine, living life on the edge:dancing: can't believe its actually happening now, I haven't even started packing because I've been in denial hahaha aaaaaaaahhhh!

Congrats! Really looking forward to this!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.