5,920 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Missabc said:

Hi @cherryblossoms916, Here is my timeline so far.

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 

I-129F NVC Received:

I keep refreshing the app like a mad woman lol. It doesn't help that California is an 8 hour time difference for me so each time our status has changed it's been really late at night. If you haven't already i would i call USCIS and just voice your concern that they haven't updated your status to received and that you are worried its got lost in the mail as it was sent over 3 weeks ago. Hopefully that will push them to have a look into it for you. 

At least you know they looked at your packet! haha. Hopefully things start looking good for the rest of us stuck in FEB

31 minutes ago, Missabc said:

What was the reason for your RFE? We are also awaiting for our NOA2 after and RFE 

I forgot to check the box that stated If I have committed a crime or not. Which was a no. I'm day 50 waiting. I was going to try and call after 60 days 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I am a February filer that received a RFE. It's been 50 days since they received it. Still waiting for NOA2 

I'm a February filer as well.. I thank God that I recently got my approval in the mail 7/19/17, I had an rfe as well.. my experience with uscis is to keep calling them even when they're telling you the same thing everyday.. they will eventually get tired of you and approve you. Before i got the rfe, I used to call them everyday until a tier 2 send an inquiry for me and they sent me an rfe, after they received it I called them everyday until they got tired approved me.. 

19 minutes ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I forgot to check the box that stated If I have committed a crime or not. Which was a no. I'm day 50 waiting. I was going to try and call after 60 days 

That's exactly the same thing we missed, I've seen quite a few people miss this same box. I'm already on day 153 I'm tired of waiting now. 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

8 minutes ago, belle4310 said:

I'm a February filer as well.. I thank God that I recently got my approval in the mail 7/19/17, I had an rfe as well.. my experience with uscis is to keep calling them even when they're telling you the same thing everyday.. they will eventually get tired of you and approve you. Before i got the rfe, I used to call them everyday until a tier 2 send an inquiry for me and they sent me an rfe, after they received it I called them everyday until they got tired approved me.. 

Ok! I was going to wait until 60 days but I will start calling tomorrow. They received my RFE June 6th and it was just Bc I didn't check mark a box. Did you call National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bannonmh194 said:

Ok! I was going to wait until 60 days but I will start calling tomorrow. They received my RFE June 6th and it was just Bc I didn't check mark a box. Did you call National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283??

Yes I called that number, they received mine June 26th, I was calling so much that one day I called and the officer 2 asked me what did they tell me last time I called.. and every time I called I asked to speak to a tier 2... sometimes they got mad and told me no. But I told them that tier is there to talk to the customers.. it's not going to take away anything away from them to let me talk to one. The same day of my approval I called and the officer was laughing and told me to wait that I called too much. I asked him when do you want me to call. He said 4 weeks from now. I said ok.. but by that time I figured either I got approved or they were not taking me seriously.. and then I got the approval in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I recieved the following in response to my inquiry today.

On 07/12/2017, you contacted USCIS concerning your Form I129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
8 minutes ago, twinee said:

On 07/12/2017, you contacted USCIS concerning your Form I129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

That's encouraging. I received the same thing when I inquired and the action was an approval and it didn't take 45 days. Good luck!

21 minutes ago, twinee said:

I got that same from my congressman a week or don before being approved.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Camie said:

Nope! :)

Btw, do you know what address you sent your RFE to? Because when I sent mine through DHL, I had to search the correct address to make sure it got to the right office. It even had a room number. 

so, i can make calls to USCIS from PH? My F sent it through USPS.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I am a February filer that received a RFE. It's been 50 days since they received it. Still waiting for NOA2 

same here. mine sent it already but status still on RFE sent.

Hei All,

this is may be stupid question , but can you please help?

1. Instruction for I-134 Affidavit says "YOU MUST SIGN FORM I-134 IN YOUR FULL NAME"    Can you please tell me what does "SIGN IN YOUR FULL NAME" Means?  Do my fiance(as sponsor) just write his full name and don't put his cryptic signature? or sign and write his full name ?

2. Should Form I-134 Notarized because USCIS said   " (Note: Signing Form I-134 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law).  For this reason, it is not necessary to sign Form I-134 before a notary, nor to have your signature notarize after you sign it. "

thankyou guys for helping me to answer it

Timeline
1 hour ago, Missabc said:

That's exactly the same thing we missed, I've seen quite a few people miss this same box. I'm already on day 153 I'm tired of waiting now. 

same reason of RFE. but atleast it's simple RFE yet taking so long for NOA2. :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 7:23 PM, TriloByte said:

We've almost got everyone across the finish line. Who's left? @Missabc@twinee, who else? I'm rooting for you all!

Me I'm still left 😭, getting harder each time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.