5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Camie said:

I called the USCIS and when I would put in my receipt number, it would just tell me I'm not entering enough digits so obviously my call can't push through. This is so frustrating. They're clearly backed up or they messed up somewhere and are getting tons of calls so I feel as if they purposely block anyone who wants to inquire about their cases by phone. :(

Are you converting the WAC to numbers... = 922 then the rest of the digits. I think that is what I did when I called

SORRY...Saw someone already answered. But not sure why its still telling you its not enough digits. do again and do it slow

Edited by tab0712

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, tab0712 said:

Are you converting the WAC to numbers... = 922 then the rest of the digits. I think that is what I did when I called

It's exactly what I'm doing now but it's still saying there isnt enough numbers. I've tried 5x. My receipt number is WAC1790220377 -- so I would enter it as 9221790220377 and it will just tell me there still isnt enough numbers. :| 

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Camie said:

It's exactly what I'm doing now but it's still saying there isnt enough numbers. I've tried 5x. My receipt number is WAC1790220377 -- so I would enter it as 9221790220377 and it will just tell me there still isnt enough numbers. :| 

That's ridiculous! USCIS is just a big ol hot mess all around

Timeline
Just now, tab0712 said:

That's ridiculous! USCIS is just a big ol hot mess all around

It FINALLY went through after trying 5x. A bored sounding lady answered and gave us the standard "you have to wait 60 days" spiel. I asked to speak to Tier 2, but she wouldn't put us through and just repeated the same line about waiting 60 days. GAAAAAAAHHHHHH

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Camie said:

It FINALLY went through after trying 5x. A bored sounding lady answered and gave us the standard "you have to wait 60 days" spiel. I asked to speak to Tier 2, but she wouldn't put us through and just repeated the same line about waiting 60 days. GAAAAAAAHHHHHH

It's really so hard for me to be overly excited about things when I know there are people being messed around in the system. How dare they have the review date as January 15th for months, change it to February 15th, and then go back to January FIRST!!!! That is unprofessional, pathetic, and dishonest. 

Really, my heart hurts for you and those in the same situation. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I know it has been asked and answered 100 times.....

Is there a trick to get through to NVC?

And how long do I wait before calling?

The shock of actually receiving the NOA2 has finally worn off :)

39 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I know it has been asked and answered 100 times.....

Is there a trick to get through to NVC?

And how long do I wait before calling?

The shock of actually receiving the NOA2 has finally worn off :)

There are two numbers. Immigrant and non-immigrant. 

Phone (for immigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

Phone (for nonimmigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0888. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

Wait 14 days and then start calling both every day until they say received. Then call every day until they have a case number. Then check the online case checker for in-transit, then check more until it says ready. Once ready, you can finish everything up.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

There are two numbers. Immigrant and non-immigrant. 

Phone (for immigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

Phone (for nonimmigrant visa inquiries only):  
(603) 334-0888. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight EST, excluding holidays.

Wait 14 days and then start calling both every day until they say received. Then call every day until they have a case number. Then check the online case checker for in-transit, then check more until it says ready. Once ready, you can finish everything up.

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

I took pictures of all the steps you listed out and other important information people had given (so I wouldn't be the "I wasn't paying attention" person)

But, of course, missed a step....:)

2 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

I took pictures of all the steps you listed out and other important information people had given (so I wouldn't be the "I wasn't paying attention" person)

But, of course, missed a step....:)

It's overly complicated, all of this, to the point of being ridiculous. Don't worry :) 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline

I filed a past "processing time" on July 14th and was told it would be resolved by August 5th. This is what I received today. I have been very patient but my patience is running out do to this response.... Has anyone else received this?

IMG_20170726_121945.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bannonmh194 said:

I am a February filer that received a RFE. It's been 50 days since they received it. Still waiting for NOA2 

What was the reason for your RFE? We are also awaiting for our NOA2 after and RFE 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.