5,920 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, GInAustin said:

Great!  Since they pushed the processing date back to January 1st, my inquirey to the delayed response was just answered: 

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 07/12/2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

The processing of your I-129F is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

My patients are running thin with them processing March and April filers, ignoring the hundreds of the remaining January and February filers. Hats off to all of you being processed before us but this majorly sucks for the rest of us. 

It's very unfair of them to move the date back. wth is that all about? Hopefully, that means they acknowledge that they've been working out of order and are rapidly processing dec, jan, feb.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 3:48 AM, Missabc said:

Aww thankyou! That's so sweet of you to keep a look out for me! I really really hope I can still catch my flight but if it's maybe only a couple weeks delayed then that's okay, if I can get there before the 22nd then that would be great (The walking dead starts on the 22nd and we're excited to watch it together on American time rather than UK time :lol:) it's the little things eh? But no really I'm not to worried right now, I have a really good feeling at the moment, I've seen quite a few people who got the same RFE as we did who then were approved within a week of USCIS receiving it, so I'm crossing my fingers! 

Hi Missabc! I'm following your timeline. May i know what is the status of your USCIS now? coz i have an rfe also but i sent back already my response but my status is still on rfe mailed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey y'all, 

good evening, good morning or good afternoon wherever you may be... 

Quick update- Karol, my fiancé, scheduled her medical today... the medical exam is August 25th and interview is August 29th... this process has went faster than I thought. I prepared for 9 months to a year. I bought our plane tickets last week... I made sure she had window seats on all flights and that I had a seat right beside her... tickets cost $2800 which is way less than I thought I would spend... I was thinking around 4k but that was not the case at all. I buy my plane tickets from Expedia... i looked on google flights and the price for her ticket was $700 more!! I leave December 01 to fly to Salvador, Bahia Brazil... I arrive December 02. I'll be there until December 22 which is when we fly back to the states. We arrive back the next day in Chicago I believe and then to Little Rock Arkansas and finally back to Memphis international airport. I live about 15-20 minutes south of the airport in Southaven, MS... The farthest north you can go in MS before hitting the state line of TN. Anyways it's all coming together real fine and dandy. We are in love and ready to be together. As for right now it's hotter than a sunny day in hell and the humidity along with the heat index in the south is literally unbearable. Can't wait till cooler temps!! Karol lives in a tropical climate where the coldest it gets is 60°F so she is in for quite the surprise areriving just 2 days before Christmas because it will most likely be pretty cold. Much colder than what she's use to. Quite the journey it's been over the past 4 or 5 months... I have to admit that it hasn't been that bad for me... I feel blessed and I know that whatever amount of time I had to wait was well worth it in the end. There is no distance with love. I'm positive if 2 people can be thousands of miles apart and live as normal a life as possible than those 2 people can make a marriage work. It requires an open heart and a willing spirit none the less. I wish everyone an abundance of happiness, love, laughter and joy with your loved ones and most importantly may we never let the marital bliss and flames of romance ever die out. Be blessed and prosperous. 

Mike 

7 hours ago, FlashLG said:

thanks, this is also helpful but not the info i was looking for. the info i was looking for was tips from other members here about how to support the beneficiary once they land in the states eg things to prepare / buy, things to do together to combat culture shock or homesickness, and other stuff along these lines. 

5 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

There was this topic that had some good suggestions:

thank you, this was it! =D

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Got my medical done yesterday. Interview is next Thursday!! :)

Almost done guys!

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

1 minute ago, goodlulck52 said:

Consulate called today! Asking my email address to send Packet 3. Wow, that is a lot of forms to fill out!!!

Yep! and it is only just the beginning for all of us!

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi Missabc! I'm following your timeline. May i know what is the status of your USCIS now? coz i have an rfe also but i sent back already my response but my status is still on rfe mailed.

Hi @cherryblossoms916. USCIS has updated our status the next day after they received our RFE response. Here's our timeline :

- We received RFE notification on email on July 14th. When we checked on website, it said "RFE was mailed."

- On July 19th we received the RFE letter (they asked copy of divorce decree)

- On July 22nd, we sent the RFE reply to California Service Center at Laguna Niguel

- On July 24th, we checked the mail tracking at USPS website and it's written our letter arrived at CSC Laguna Niguel.

- And today July 25th, my fiance received notification from USCIS that RFE was received. When we checked USCIS website, the status has changed. Now our status is "

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On July 25, 2017, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC1790######. Our California Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you.

Now we are waiting for Noa2. I've been reading some people who got RFE. They got NOA2 in a week or two after they sent their reply. So, we are now just waiting patiently.

I pray you and all of us who still waiting, will get NOA2 letter soon.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Hi @cherryblossoms916. USCIS has updated our status the next day after they received our RFE response. Here's our timeline :

- We received RFE notification on email on July 14th. When we checked on website, it said "RFE was mailed."

- On July 19th we received the RFE letter (they asked copy of divorce decree)

- On July 22nd, we sent the RFE reply to California Service Center at Laguna Niguel

- On July 24th, we checked the mail tracking at USPS website and it's written our letter arrived at CSC Laguna Niguel.

- And today July 25th, my fiance received notification from USCIS that RFE was received. When we checked USCIS website, the status has changed. Now our status is "

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

On July 25, 2017, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC1790######. Our California Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you.

Now we are waiting for Noa2. I've been reading some people who got RFE. They got NOA2 in a week or two after they sent their reply. So, we are now just waiting patiently.

I pray you and all of us who still waiting, will get NOA2 letter soon.

Thank you! I hope they will update also our status, coz it's still on RFE mailed but we sent the response already last July 5th. Good luck to you and to everyone who is also waiting for their NO2. 

Timeline
On 7/25/2017 at 9:17 AM, GInAustin said:

:clock:  Still waiting here... 165 days

Try calling USCIS!  +1800-375-5283

I attempted to call using Skype too and it went through. I'll try calling later at 12am PH time for an update for ours.

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Camie said:

Try calling USCIS!  +1800-375-5283

I attempted to call using Skype too and it went through. I'll try calling later at 12am PH time for an update for ours.

I did call and they are now saying that I'm within the timeframe "once again".  They will not do anything more until they adjust the processing date past my filing date or my filing is processed; which ever one comes first. 

Still holding out hope the NOA2 will magically appear in my mailbox one day soon.  Cheers to all.

10 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Hi @cherryblossoms916, Here is my timeline so far.

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 

I-129F NVC Received:

I keep refreshing the app like a mad woman lol. It doesn't help that California is an 8 hour time difference for me so each time our status has changed it's been really late at night. If you haven't already i would i call USCIS and just voice your concern that they haven't updated your status to received and that you are worried its got lost in the mail as it was sent over 3 weeks ago. Hopefully that will push them to have a look into it for you. 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.