5,920 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, twinee said:

I wonder if I have to put in an inquiry about my inquiry being out of normal processing times <_<

I would :) 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

6 hours ago, Missabc said:

I sure hope so, were on day 152 now :mellow:

You and I are still on the same boat. This really sucks. I'm going to call tomorrow for an update. I think it's reasonable to tell them: 

1. My NOA1 was on 2/23. Today is 7/26. Your website says you are caught up to 2/15. Where am I at?

2. People with NOA1 in March and April have already been approved. 

3. Laugh because it probably wont make a difference. 

4. Hope for a real update. 

sigh. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, twinee said:

I wonder if I have to put in an inquiry about my inquiry being out of normal processing times <_<

Oh and what about the 45 days to hear back about the inquiry!! All this is just a nonsense! 

Next week we will be in the 180 days!! Sounds like is a bad dream :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/23/2017 at 9:32 PM, ralph87 said:

Good evening everyone just giving you guys a heads up on our case, so i went to Panama on Thursday morning and got to our interview right in time with my fiancee and her daughter. I am glad the let me in with them to the interview and her process was super quick and simple.

Step 1 : she gave documents they requested (i-134/2016 W2/ProofOfRelationship*PICTURES* EMAILS* PLANE TICKETS*) then she was asked to be seated until they called for her interview.

Step 2 : they called her name up to the window and he asked my fiancee and her daughter how they where, then he asked IF I THE PETITIONER WAS THERE ALSO - she replied YES and pointed at me.

Questions asked : What is your petitioners name?

: What State does he live in?

He then told them both to put their right hands up and say they swear all info the that giving was the truth and he said " Your Visa is APPROVED!!!!!"

So basically now we are just waiting for the Passports with the Visas to be delivered with the Sealed Envelope.  

it was super quick and simple for us thank God!!

Such a great news!!!! Very happy for you guys!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, bluruce said:

You and I are still on the same boat. This really sucks. I'm going to call tomorrow for an update. I think it's reasonable to tell them: 

1. My NOA1 was on 2/23. Today is 7/26. Your website says you are caught up to 2/15. Where am I at?

2. People with NOA1 in March and April have already been approved. 

3. Laugh because it probably wont make a difference. 

4. Hope for a real update. 

sigh. 

They changed the dates from 2/15/17 to 1/1/17

Timeline
21 hours ago, Alya and Joe said:

strange, but the status changed already to administrative processig...

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached. 

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

have no idea what it means...but think we just should wait for e-mail from embassy, right?

Hello Alya and Joe. I can tell from my experience, that  I received exactly the same message, it just formal respond that your case received by embassy. You don't have to wait any package from them, email may come really late as well. So tell your fiancee to pay for visa $265, and start fill out DS-160  right after payment. As soon as you finish these two steps, schedule the day for interview and medical examination.

P.S. 1) My fiancee paid for visa in postal service and its take couple days for payment clearance, there is option to pay by credit card as well at it faster.

2) To schedule appointment after payment he wait 24 hours, I don't know why, but there was no options for calendar, so next day he received email that he can schedule appointment, it was plenty days in August, even it was some days in July, but we choose August 18, because was not sure if his police certificate will be ready in the beginning of the August ( but it was, he got it last week)

3) He never received snail mail package, not even e-mail that he can start applying for visa and what he needs to do. So, as soon as I get the same message in NVC site, I was wait for 3 days to have any email to me from embassy, but i didn't get it, I sent them e-mail, they respond within 2 business days and send me that fiancee need to pay for visa, schedule appointment, etc.

4) I sent him my part: I-134 affidavit of support, my W-2 form, taxes, letter from employer, my paystabs, bank statements,  additional foto  together from February when I visited him in Russia.

SO, PAY VISA, FILL OUT DS-160))) DON'T WAIT.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Julia&Andrei said:

Hello Alya and Joe. I can tell from my experience, that  I received exactly the same message, it just formal respond that your case received by embassy. You don't have to wait any package from them, email may come really late as well. So tell your fiancee to pay for visa $265, and start fill out DS-160  right after payment. As soon as you finish these two steps, schedule the day for interview and medical examination.

P.S. 1) My fiancee paid for visa in postal service and its take couple days for payment clearance, there is option to pay by credit card as well at it faster.

2) To schedule appointment after payment he wait 24 hours, I don't know why, but there was no options for calendar, so next day he received email that he can schedule appointment, it was plenty days in August, even it was some days in July, but we choose August 18, because was not sure if his police certificate will be ready in the beginning of the August ( but it was, he got it last week)

3) He never received snail mail package, not even e-mail that he can start applying for visa and what he needs to do. So, as soon as I get the same message in NVC site, I was wait for 3 days to have any email to me from embassy, but i didn't get it, I sent them e-mail, they respond within 2 business days and send me that fiancee need to pay for visa, schedule appointment, etc.

4) I sent him my part: I-134 affidavit of support, my W-2 form, taxes, letter from employer, my paystabs, bank statements,  additional foto  together from February when I visited him in Russia.

SO, PAY VISA, FILL OUT DS-160))) DON'T WAIT.

hi, Julia and Andrey) yes, you are absolutely right! we got the e-mail from embassy already and i am going to make photo and pay fee tomorrow! and as soon as possible after this i will fill ds-160 form and schedule appointment! it seems a bit difficult for me, as im going to do it by myself first time...i have the touristic usa visa, but agency did ds 160 for me last time..in any way, we will not wait and do everything as soon as possible!)) thank you for your advise and support)

I-129F Sent :                 2017-02-16

I-129F NOA1 :               2017-02-22

I-129F RFE(s) :              2017-06-15

RFE Reply(s) :               2017-06-20

APPROVED :                  2017-07-07  (135 days)

NOA2 hard copy:           2017-07-13

NVC received:                2017-07-19 (12 days)

NVC case # received:    2017-07-19

Left NVC:                    2017-07-22

Consulate received:    2017-07-24

Interview date:              2017-08-31 APPROVED

Visa in hands:                2017-09-23

US entry:                         2017-09-30

Wedding:                        2017-10-21 Las Vegas!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alya and Joe said:

hi, Julia and Andrey) yes, you are absolutely right! we got the e-mail from embassy already and i am going to make photo and pay fee tomorrow! and as soon as possible after this i will fill ds-160 form and schedule appointment! it seems a bit difficult for me, as im going to do it by myself first time...i have the touristic usa visa, but agency did ds 160 for me last time..in any way, we will not wait and do everything as soon as possible!)) thank you for your advise and support)

You are very welcome.  I don't think you will have any problem to fill out DS-160, but you will need  some info from your fiancee, his address, NOA1 number...., you will need your information about job, the date you was hired, your travel passport, something like that. Honestly, we were doing together, so I helped him. It is a little bit difficult to come together over the phone, due to our working schedule and time difference between countries. I think I sent you a russian forum for fiancee visa, you can find there step by step with images how to fill out DS-160. If you don't have it I will send this link over to you.

All the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, twinee said:

I would too.

I think it was the inquiry that made my NOA2 appear  (the date on the NOA2 is exactly one week after the inquiry).

13 hours ago, iamdegie said:

guys there was a discussion in here somewhere about tips on what to prepare for when your beneficiaries arrive in the US. been trying to find it but  seems to be buried too deep now. can somebody remind me which page it was  if you remember off the top of your head without go through ALL the pages or at least, who posted about it? my fiance has been asking me for tips and issues we should be aware of in terms of making sure my adjustment to the US is too difficult / stressful. thanks! =)

Here you go :)

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/settling-us/welcome-united-states

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great!  Since they pushed the processing date back to January 1st, my inquirey to the delayed response was just answered: 

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 07/12/2017, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

The processing of your I-129F is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

My patients are running thin with them processing March and April filers, ignoring the hundreds of the remaining January and February filers. Hats off to all of you being processed before us but this majorly sucks for the rest of us. 

15 hours ago, iamdegie said:

guys there was a discussion in here somewhere about tips on what to prepare for when your beneficiaries arrive in the US. been trying to find it but  seems to be buried too deep now. can somebody remind me which page it was  if you remember off the top of your head without go through ALL the pages or at least, who posted about it? my fiance has been asking me for tips and issues we should be aware of in terms of making sure my adjustment to the US is too difficult / stressful. thanks! =)

There was this topic that had some good suggestions:

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

8 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Yeah i figured I would wait until August has arrived and then call them. So next week. If not this week. I don't know how far out you can call and ask. Yeah i need to finish the ds160 and then I will call. 😉😊

When I called to make the appointment they asked me what day I wanted and then they gave me the time options for that day.  That was on July 14 and I was able to request August 7th no problem.  So I'm guessing you can just tell them what day at the end of August works best for you and they will let you know the times that are available.

And, you don't have to have the DS160 done to schedule the medical.  When you call they only ask for the LND number and don't even ask about the DS160.  We completed the DS160 after I had made the medical appointment.  I know the steps on the London Embassy website say to do the DS160 first, but I had no problems doing things a little out of order :)

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.