I hope it goes faster for you....we are July 5th and still at the NVC

Really!!! :( Didn't think NVC need to do anything other than saying:

Got it USCIS!

:dancing:

Catch Consulate!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Mine took 8 days to reach the Montreal consulate (June 21-29), at which point the tracker said "ready".  I sent my packet 3 that evening and received an email on July 6 saying the consulate was processing my petition and to NOT schedule an interview or send packet 3 until contacted.  I watched the tracker and re-sent packet 3 every time the date updated (June 29, July 6, July 12, July 17, July 18).  I only received packet 4 on the 19th, so I believe my file wasn't actually ready until the 18th.  I haven't received packet 3 via mail yet but I believe it will arrive next week (the only way you can for sure know they are ready for you to send packet 3 is when you receive it in the mail).  

At this point I think you can fill out your DS-160 (we got our case number via email on June 21 (I think)from NVC and it said I could fill it out at that time).  You can also print off the packet 3 checklist and fill it out/ check it off and then make scans of that, your biographic passport page and the confirmation page with barcode of DS160 (this is what you will email the embassy as packet 3).

5 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Yes, using the CEAC tracker.  I had read previous reports of people sending packet 3 and hearing nothing, but then noticing a week later that the date updated and tried again and received it within 24 hours, so I decided to follow this.  The embassy will send you packet 3 via snail mail, but if you can catch them at the right time, it will probably shave about a week off your wait. 

Hi, do you mean this https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker?

But how can you see any dates? You mentioned that you resend your packet 3 every time the date is updated (June 29, July 6, July 12, July 17, July 18). But where did you see the date? And for each of the updates on those days, the status changed from "ready" to "ready" or something else? Thanks!!!!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, goodlulck52 said:

But how can you see any dates? You mentioned that you resend your packet 3 every time the date is updated (June 29, July 6, July 12, July 17, July 18). But where did you see the date? And for each of the updates on those days, the status changed from "ready" to "ready" or something else? Thanks!!!!!

Hi! Yes, I used that tracker.  My case started "at NVC" (June 20), changed to "in transit" (June 21-29), and then "ready" (June 29).  It has stayed at ready since then and just the date where it says "case last updated" kept changing over a 3 week period until I got packet 4 back.  I see even today it changed again.  IMG_1222.thumb.JPG.884fe2ac25b811e0c549351a49308366.JPG

Edited by eastcoastgroove

Timeline
24 minutes ago, goodlulck52 said:

I just looked at an old text I sent my fiance when our case first went "in transit" and I see there is no date listed at all.  I think the dates must have only appeared once it reached the consulate.

IMG_1224.JPG

Timeline
12 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Hi! Yes, I used that tracker.  My case started "at NVC" (June 20), changed to "in transit" (June 21-29), and then "ready" (June 29).  It has stayed at ready since then and just the date where it says "case last updated" kept changing over a 3 week period until I got packet 4 back.  I see even today it changed again.  IMG_1222.thumb.JPG.884fe2ac25b811e0c549351a49308366.JPG

6 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

I just looked at an old text I sent my fiance when our case first went "in transit" and I see there is no date listed at all.  I think the dates must have only appeared once it reached the consulate.

IMG_1224.JPG

Thanks very much!!! :energy: Seeing the screenshots puts my mind at ease. My status is still "At NVC".

I am just going to fill in DS160, which is the only thing I can do right now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, goodlulck52 said:

Really!!! :( Didn't think NVC need to do anything other than saying:

Got it USCIS!

:dancing:

Catch Consulate!

That seriously made me LOL!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

So the call I put in July 10 to an agent did produce some results, I called today because the agent had told me I would get an email within 2 to 5 days, that didn't happen so I called to see if he was blowing smoke up my butt, lol,  turns ou he did do an inquiry, and the rep today told me they are suppose to have a target date and give you a confirmaion number, so anybody calling remember to get that info, she said my target date is....get this....the 25th...she says I will either get and email or a letter....I'm happy and scared all at the same time...but it has been confirmed as assigned to an agent.....freaking finally....oh ..she also said that when you get tier 2 for cali, they are in LA not Chula Vista so they have no access to the actual case itself.

What number are you calling, I call 1800-375-5283, and she just tells me I have till Aug 15th before its late and that they did receive it.  That's all she can tell me.  Do I ask for tier 2 to get this info?

Timeline
2 hours ago, goodlulck52 said:

Thanks very much!!! :energy: Seeing the screenshots puts my mind at ease. My status is still "At NVC".

I am just going to fill in DS160, which is the only thing I can do right now...

Just when I saved my DS160 draft, my status changed to "In transit"! (Is it coincidental?)

Just saw some people say that all the applications from NVC to consulates are in email? Can anyone confirm that? Anyway, I guess it does not matter too much... Just getting too excited!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, JulzGhen said:

What number are you calling, I call 1800-375-5283, and she just tells me I have till Aug 15th before its late and that they did receive it.  That's all she can tell me.  Do I ask for tier 2 to get this info?

Yes, I asked for tier 2 . Same number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.