5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Interview has been scheduled!!!  It's a little later than I was hoping due to being restricted by the days my fiance has off of work and the 5 business day waiting period required for the medical documents to reach the embassy.  I'll be checking the site to see if I can move the interview up but glad that now all of the paperwork/scheduling is all done.

Congrats! You're with London aren't you? What happens if you can't upload photo to ds160 form? Can you take photo with you to embassy in interview day? I've read somewhere that this is possible? I'm going to be starting the form next week. 😊

36 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Congrats! You're with London aren't you? What happens if you can't upload photo to ds160 form? Can you take photo with you to embassy in interview day? I've read somewhere that this is possible? I'm going to be starting the form next week. 😊

Yep, we're going through London. 

I think that's possible but I was also able to make one for my fiancé using Photoshop and a photo he sent me.  I was worried it wouldn't accept the upload, but it processed the photo and accepted it.  If you want me to try to help you, I can as well, just let me know.

Edited by RaptureSongbird

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Yep, we're going through London. 

I think that's possible but I was also able to make one for my fiancé using Photoshop and a photo he sent me.  I was worried it wouldn't accept the upload, but it processed the photo and accepted it.  If you want me to try to help you, I can as well, just let me know.

Aww thank you. That's good to know. Much appreciated. I thought so. I haven't even started it yet but I'm always thinking ahead. 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Silvia Marie said:

That's not correct, all 3 pages mentioned are legit.

I am from Germany and had to work with all those pages during my process but I think it kinda depends on where you live.

Must be that, as I never had to go to them fro my process. But you are Germany, so they should ask those in their country forum to be sure. I too wonder why they don't have a government address. So I can see the questioning of authenticity. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Attn Canadian filers: our case has just left NVC for the consulate in Montreal. What can we do at this step? How long does it usually take to reach Montreal and do we have to wait for them to contact us?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Attn Canadian filers: our case has just left NVC for the consulate in Montreal. What can we do at this step? How long does it usually take to reach Montreal and do we have to wait for them to contact us?

Mine took 8 days to reach the Montreal consulate (June 21-29), at which point the tracker said "ready".  I sent my packet 3 that evening and received an email on July 6 saying the consulate was processing my petition and to NOT schedule an interview or send packet 3 until contacted.  I watched the tracker and re-sent packet 3 every time the date updated (June 29, July 6, July 12, July 17, July 18).  I only received packet 4 on the 19th, so I believe my file wasn't actually ready until the 18th.  I haven't received packet 3 via mail yet but I believe it will arrive next week (the only way you can for sure know they are ready for you to send packet 3 is when you receive it in the mail).  

At this point I think you can fill out your DS-160 (we got our case number via email on June 21 (I think)from NVC and it said I could fill it out at that time).  You can also print off the packet 3 checklist and fill it out/ check it off and then make scans of that, your biographic passport page and the confirmation page with barcode of DS160 (this is what you will email the embassy as packet 3).

Timeline
15 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

Congratulations! I'm slightly jelly, ours in the following Wednesday. The best of luck to you! 

Thank you!! Best of luck to you too!! I probably could have gotten cheaper flights if I would have chosen a later date but I just want it over with do I can really get prepared to leave.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Mine took 8 days to reach the Montreal consulate (June 21-29), at which point the tracker said "ready".  I sent my packet 3 that evening and received an email on July 6 saying the consulate was processing my petition and to NOT schedule an interview or send packet 3 until contacted.  I watched the tracker and re-sent packet 3 every time the date updated (June 29, July 6, July 12, July 17, July 18).  I only received packet 4 on the 19th, so I believe my file wasn't actually ready until the 18th.  I haven't received packet 3 via mail yet but I believe it will arrive next week (the only way you can for sure know they are ready for you to send packet 3 is when you receive it in the mail).  

At this point I think you can fill out your DS-160 (we got our case number via email on June 21 (I think)from NVC and it said I could fill it out at that time).  You can also print off the packet 3 checklist and fill it out/ check it off and then make scans of that, your biographic passport page and the confirmation page with barcode of DS160 (this is what you will email the embassy as packet 3).

Ok thanks! So that was the CEAC tracker?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nathan&Amy said:

Ok thanks! So that was the CEAC tracker?

Yes, using the CEAC tracker.  I had read previous reports of people sending packet 3 and hearing nothing, but then noticing a week later that the date updated and tried again and received it within 24 hours, so I decided to follow this.  The embassy will send you packet 3 via snail mail, but if you can catch them at the right time, it will probably shave about a week off your wait. 

3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

I didn't have my interview in London (I was in Paris), I was able to upload my picture online but they still asked my pictures the day of the interview. So I'd say maybe have pictures with you, just in case. 

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, Alya and Joe said:

yep))19th july, sorry) my fiance called nvc and man there told it was dated 19th july. he called 20th july. i really hope nvc works fast! im sure very very soon our cases will fly to the final destinations) you have been waiting that long, you are hero

I hope it goes faster for you....we are July 5th and still at the NVC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, goodlulck52 said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask this again but my previous question was deeply buried and nobody answered in a different thread. I am just so worried to be tricked as nowadays there are a lot of fishing website.

Is http://www.ustraveldocs.com a legit site? If it is, why it is not .gov?

Is https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ the site to pay the visa fee and make the visa interview appointment? Why it is not .gov?

Is https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ the site for the DS160? Since it is .gov, I suppose it is all good.

This is quite confusing as such a simple thing requires so many strange sites. Are they all legit? Thanks!

Sorry, another question, my USC fiance never told USCIS or NVC my email address. If the consulate were to send an email to me as Packet 3, should I contact the consulate first? (USCIS and therefor NVC should have my postal address so if they were to post the Packet 3, that should not be a problem.)

Cheers!

The web addresses are a bit odd, but those are all the same that are listed on the Indian US embassy's website. I would advise that you go to the web page for your embassy, find the packet 3/4 on that site (whatever it is you received) or refer to the packet that was mailed/emailed to you.

As for the email address, I believe you can update it with the NVC unless the petition is at the embassy, in which case you might need to contact the embassy directly.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.