5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

It seems to me that the question is more specifically asking about military-type weapons, things that terrorists would use, such as grenades, etc. I mean, pistols are a dime-a-dozen in the States and are perfectly legal to own and operate.

I thought same.we marked no .anyway she can explain at the interview anyway.thanks for the answer bud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Missabc said:

Wow the letter took quite a while to get to you didn't it! The app updated us on 12th July, we got the letter on the 17th July and sent it back yesterday. Have you called USCIS to see if they have received your response? 

Nope. Not tried to call them.

Our packet was received 02/22, 06/21 sent RFE (my mistake, skipped a queation 😡) 06/29 they received RFE and no updates since 😭😭😭

Edited by ardee91

2 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Ok, I am going crazy trying to find an answer to this question... This might be embassy-specific, but it's worth asking you all...

I am researching what needs to happen next. I know we need to fill out the DS-160. Like everyone else, I'm not sure if we really need to wait until it says "ready" or if we can proceed now.

For the medical examination, everything I find online says to bring the "original appointment letter". Is that the visa interview appointment? The directions say to schedule the medical exam before the interview - so does he need to schedule the interview, then schedule the medical, attend the medical, then the interview?

Why can't this be straight-forward?!?! :bonk:

Either there is a consulate website with instructions or they will send a letter to the beneficiary. I am really not sure about India. I wish I could help you more. :/ 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

It seems to me that the question is more specifically asking about military-type weapons, things that terrorists would use, such as grenades, etc. I mean, pistols are a dime-a-dozen in the States and are perfectly legal to own and operate.

I think you are correct. I would assume they are talking about militia type training.....not the concealed weapon training  (like I went through....it was more of "this is a gun....")

And everyone rest easy....I do not have a hand gun anymore  (or the concealed weapon permit) :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Ok, I am going crazy trying to find an answer to this question... This might be embassy-specific, but it's worth asking you all...

I am researching what needs to happen next. I know we need to fill out the DS-160. Like everyone else, I'm not sure if we really need to wait until it says "ready" or if we can proceed now.

For the medical examination, everything I find online says to bring the "original appointment letter". Is that the visa interview appointment? The directions say to schedule the medical exam before the interview - so does he need to schedule the interview, then schedule the medical, attend the medical, then the interview?

Take it with a grain of salt....completely different embassies.....

In Algiers it is the DS 160 receipt....from what I have learned there is no appointment letter sent in Algeria......

Did you guys get a packet 3 or 4?

Timeline

Hi everyone! I need your input. Our RFE response letter is done, we we're wondering what are we going to write on the envelope that was provided by the USCIS? (ie would we just need to write down our return address) 

In the USCIS form filing tips, they said: 

"Mark the envelope and the cover letter with the nature of the submission. For example, Original Submission, Brief for an Appeal, or Response to Request for Additional Information."

And which carrier did you guys used to send your RFE responses? On the USCIS website, they stated that FedEx can be used as a carrier but from my knowledge FedEx doesn't ship to PO box. Has anyone tried sending their RFE response thru FedEx?    

AOS Timeline:

Dec 18, 2017:           Married!
January 18, 2018:    Filed AOS, EAD, AP

March 1, 2018:         Biometrics 
May 24, 2018:          Interview (Approved)

June 7, 2018:           Received Green Card

ROC Timeline:

March 26, 2020:      ROC packet sent via FedEx (Phoenix Service Center)

March 31, 2020:      USCIS received the packet

April 3, 2020:          NOA received

Sept 30, 2020:       Biometric letter received (I didn't have to do it due to pandemic)

January 20 2021:   Approval letter received

January 29, 2021:      Green Card received!

6 hours ago, Angel&Eric said:

I am back after about 3 weeks away from visajourney.

Time for a quick update:

We had our interview at US Embassy Manila on June 27.  The interview was short and very straight forward.  The officer asked about wedding plans, family, and how we met.  

The officer said that my fiancees application was approved but more information was needed for our son.  We went upstairs for citizen services ti schedule an interview to determine citizenship.  We had not done the CRBA, we thought we could get them here and get his citizenship from here.  We thought wrong.

The next available interview was 10 days later.  Again it was straight forward.  We had to provide both of our passports showing that we were in the same place at the time of conception, medical records during pregnancy, and photos of my fiance pregnant. 

During my fiancees medical exam the doctor asked of she had really had a baby because she is tiny and has no stretch marks.  I think they must have noted that in the medical report as well.

After we got that resolved we took the passports back downstairs so the k1 process could continue.

Unfortunately i returned to the US without my family.  We are now waiting for visas to be issued.  Currently in AP but the case was updated yesterday so ee are hoping the visa will be issued soon.

Hang in there @Angel&Eric! Fingers crossed for you and your family. You are almost there! =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

6 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

For the medical examination, everything I find online says to bring the "original appointment letter". Is that the visa interview appointment? 

I cannot say for sure with India, but for the UAE, this is the printout that just says my interview has been scheduled on so and so date. The medical center just needs to know that you do have an interview date scheduled at the embassy.

6 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I know right?! I was expecting the part after NOA2 to be more seamless, straightforward and fast. But it seems to be the opposite - it has been more stressful, more confusing and slower by comparison for me! =(

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Keep checking. but it is my understanding, they only release 1-1.5 months of dates. But a day could pop up. I've read were people have checked multiple times a day, and then a day all of a sudden appears. Keep at it. We took the first one available, and that is the end of August. 

Thankyou! I will keep checking. Hoping something comes up!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 7/18/2017 at 4:46 PM, janet3 said:

Tonight.....

I am losing hope.

I feel you....try to keep holding on..we'll get there eventually 

Timeline
5 hours ago, ardee91 said:

Our packet was received 02/22, 06/21 sent RFE (my mistake, skipped a queation 😡) 06/29 they received RFE and no updates since 😭😭😭

we have the same issue, still waiting for an update. did the tracker shows they received your rfe response? Mine, still mail was sent but we already sent the response. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.