5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, iamdegie said:

hi guys, so something weird happened to my case status. yesterday the "case last updated" date changed to 16-July from 28-June originally. has anybody seen this before and what do you think this means?

ps - i have not been able to move forward and schedule my interview despite my case being ready weeks ago because my embassy is taking forever to send me packet 3. =(

It took a bit over 2 weeks before we received packet 3. Fingers crossed yours will come soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, knuckles083 said:

not doing good, made a thread to get help.

I'm sorry the physical didn't go well. Did the physician recommend a course of action? Meds? Further x-rays?  You and your fiance are in my thoughts. I wish you the very best.

3 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Sorry I have been absent so long. I know everyone's experiences are different. 

We arrived at the Embassy at 9;00 for a 10:05 appointment. Waited outside for about 20 minutes until we are allowed to enter through security. 

After we pass 2 security check points, we are instructed to have a seat. Maybe 30 minutes, we are called to the interview called. As the man is asking for the documents requested in the Packet 3, he is casually talking to us. After he finishes entering in the computer, we are instructed to have a seat. After sitting, I asked Wendy if she realizes that was the first interview. She couldn't believe was so easy. She was completely unaware. He asked for no further documentation from us.

20 minutes later we are called to the 2nd interview. He reviewed our file. I asked for interview in English. He said no. If he had any questions for me, he would ask in English. Asked Wendy about her occupation, family in USA, where we will live and how she learned English. Then handed her a blue slip telling her how to pickup her Visa. Everything in Spanish. She turned to me crying. I asked what???  She says he says congratulations. 😍 As we walked past others waiting for  their interview, everyone began congratulating us. 

Never even opened the folder o had with documents. 

We we will be traveling home next week together. We are grateful to VJ and our fellow members as we help each other through this stressful process. For those still waiting. Patience is difficult but necessary. Have faith in your relationship and your fellow citizens who are serving in the immigration process. 

Best Wishes to all

Wayne y Wendy 

Congrats! One of the happiest moments of your life? :)

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline
20 hours ago, iamdegie said:

hi guys, so something weird happened to my case status. yesterday the "case last updated" date changed to 16-July from 28-June originally. has anybody seen this before and what do you think this means?

ps - i have not been able to move forward and schedule my interview despite my case being ready weeks ago because my embassy is taking forever to send me packet 3. =(

I know at least a couple of MENA countries do not have a packet 4  (and 3 is iffy).

Do you know of any resources that list who sends what?

From what I hear once it gets to NVC and passed on to the Embassy.....he and I just have to do the rest by ourselves  (for Algeria).

I think I just don't understand the 3 and 4 thing....

Thanks for your help....

Timeline
3 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

We arrived at the Embassy at 9;00 for a 10:05 appointment. Waited outside for about 20 minutes until we are allowed to enter through security. 

After we pass 2 security check points, we are instructed to have a seat. Maybe 30 minutes, we are called to the interview called. As the man is asking for the documents requested in the Packet 3, he is casually talking to us. After he finishes entering in the computer, we are instructed to have a seat. After sitting, I asked Wendy if she realizes that was the first interview. She couldn't believe was so easy. She was completely unaware. He asked for no further documentation from us.

20 minutes later we are called to the 2nd interview. He reviewed our file. I asked for interview in English. He said no. If he had any questions for me, he would ask in English. Asked Wendy about her occupation, family in USA, where we will live and how she learned English. Then handed her a blue slip telling her how to pickup her Visa. Everything in Spanish. She turned to me crying. I asked what???  She says he says congratulations. 😍 As we walked past others waiting for  their interview, everyone began congratulating us. 

We we will be traveling home next week together. We are grateful to VJ and our fellow members as we help each other through this stressful process. For those still waiting. Patience is difficult but necessary. Have faith in your relationship and your fellow citizens who are serving in the immigration process. 

Best Wishes to all

Wayne y Wendy 

Congratulations!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! 

8 hours ago, Canada856 said:

Has anyone who has been interviewed in Canada have a fiancé who is self employed? Curious about how much evidence of support they need? He makes well above the necessary limit, but is just 2 past years tax returns enough? 

My lawyer had past 3 years of tax returns, but this was Tunisia.  I don't know if it is different.  If no one answers, you may want to try asking out of this thread...  good luck!

Edited by Me and her

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/15/2017 at 10:25 PM, MrTD said:

Well February K-1 filers there truly is light at the end of the tunnel , after what seemed like an eternity i finally received our NOA2. So don't give up hope, because if it's meant to be it will. I know that we still have a little further to go but it's such a relief to make it over this hurdle. I haven't told my future bride yet I'm just trying to think of a creative way to tell. So once again don't give up hope. Good luck to everyone. Oh and by the way the USCIS website still have us in the recieved status.

Congrats

3 hours ago, Missabc said:

Okay so we got our RFE and it was a really simple easy fix. We just missed a question on the form 'have you committed any criminal offences'. They attached a piece of paper that we just needed to tick the 'no' box and sign and date it. We're going to post it tomorrow so they should get it by Thursday.

What's interesting is we also received a letter from our congressman who never responded to our email (or so we thought) his letter stated that we had an RFE and guess what, his letter was dated the same day our app was updated (we also never signed the privacy release form). I think he made a call and that's why our file was finally touched, we could've potentially been sat here even longer in limbo if it wasn't for him.

I'm crossing every part of my body now that we get approved quickly as it was a simple yes or no question which we of course answered no to! :D

Glad you got the RFE and it was a simple fix.  I'm hoping for a quick turn around for you and a flash through NVC so you can keep your current plane ticket!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
6 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Best Wishes to all

Wayne y Wendy 

Congratulations to you and wendy. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, janet3 said:

I'm sorry the physical didn't go well. Did the physician recommend a course of action? Meds? Further x-rays?  You and your fiance are in my thoughts. I wish you the very best.

no, a culture test on her lungs. it's the standard test and posted that it is 8 weeks wait. >.<

7 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

Best Wishes to all

Wayne y Wendy 

Congratulations to you both! I am so happy it all went well in the end. =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

5 hours ago, Missabc said:

Okay so we got our RFE and it was a really simple easy fix. We just missed a question on the form 'have you committed any criminal offences'. They attached a piece of paper that we just needed to tick the 'no' box and sign and date it. We're going to post it tomorrow so they should get it by Thursday.

What's interesting is we also received a letter from our congressman who never responded to our email (or so we thought) his letter stated that we had an RFE and guess what, his letter was dated the same day our app was updated (we also never signed the privacy release form). I think he made a call and that's why our file was finally touched, we could've potentially been sat here even longer in limbo if it wasn't for him.

I'm crossing every part of my body now that we get approved quickly as it was a simple yes or no question which we of course answered no to! :D

Best of luck, I am rooting for you!

I am just wondering though, IF this small unticked box could have been the reason why your case took so long? Maybe since the question was was about criminal offences, and it was left blank that maybe they went and requested an extended criminal background check and that took so long to come back?

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

5 hours ago, Missabc said:

Thank you! I really really hope so!

I'm just taking copies. I don't want to risk shipping the originals to me in the event they get lost in transit because I know they will be needed for the AOS later.

Edit: Opps, sorry this was meant as a reply to @Pizzaislife!

Edited by iamdegie

your 

5 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

Quick question - for the interview, do I need to bring the original NOA1 and NOA2 letters?

thank you, much appreciated! 

I'm just taking copies. I don't want to risk shipping the originals to me in the event they get lost in transit because I know they will be needed for the AOS later.

your 

4 hours ago, Pizzaislife said:

It took a bit over 2 weeks before we received packet 3. Fingers crossed yours will come soon! 

Thanks, but i don't think we need packet 3 anymore. some other VJer also in Abu Dhabi got her interview done last Monday and she never received packet 3 and she got her interview done with no issues. So my fiance and I decided to just go ahead and schedule our interview on 2nd Aug!

your 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.