5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Could it be the same person is working on that particular date....seems kinda weird that that date is so special...I mean at least someone is hustling I guess.

Timeline

I mean I saw my case on there and noticed that rfes were sent out for newer cases so we feb filers can maybe relax a bit when it comes to rfes...maybe ....alittle....fingers crossed

14 hours ago, eastcoastgroove said:

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well!  Where in Texas will you be living? I will be living in the Dallas area. I hope we don't melt! Lol.  I am headed there next week.... But so far I have only been there in the "cooler" months (November and February).  

Thank you so much. We will be in between Austin and San Antonio. I'm looking forward to never having to go through a winter again lol. I know what you mean though, I haven't been in the summer months yet. Only November to January. I am actually going fo a week in May, can't wait.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today i looked back at the January 2017 and December 2016 forums and thought to myself that we are so lucky!

We have a few cases that have been approved already and no one is over 90 days yet.  

From December they have had 1946 cases approved, sounds great right?  But there are nearly as many RFEs and almost 700 that have yet to be touched.  44% have been approved overall!

January has had 539 Approved, 134 RFEs, 9 RFEs have been returned with more evidence, and 2358 have yet to be touched.  17% have been approved overall.

When we think it has been a long wait for us already,  we should think there are so many people that have waited over 60 days longer than we have and are still waiting.

When I see these February approvals I just say Thank you!  (and about 10 seconds later I say out loud... Why do we have to wait so damn long!!) :D 

Edited by Angel&Eric

Timeline

Yeah ...it feels so long...I was originally gonna file november but I was,waiting for my divorce to finalize and decided to hold off till jan so my ex and I could get our big tax return to pay down community bills....just sucks...but sometimes u have to make choices...I'm just happy they are touching our cases...its some light at the end of the tunnel and gives me hope to continue on....

Edited by Lovemycroatianman
Misspell

Timeline

Has anyone reached out to any government officials for assistance?

I have read than most in congress wont inquire unless you are past the normal time, and that doesnt help anyway.

7 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Could it be the same person is working on that particular date....seems kinda weird that that date is so special...I mean at least someone is hustling I guess.

Could be! Could be one box that had all these 6-Feb cases that got randomly picked up by one case officer? We will know a bit more, scan is running now and will be done in about an hour.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
5 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

Could be! Could be one box that had all these 6-Feb cases that got randomly picked up by one case officer? We will know a bit more, scan is running now and will be done in about an hour.

I would hope if is more than one adjudicator we would see more approvals.

another thing worth noting is that all these approved cases so far have case numbers that are very close to each other...which most likely mean they were all put into one box when they were sorted.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
2 hours ago, iamdegie said:

Hopefully the news scans will include more Feb filer approvals.

Edited by Angel&Eric

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, iamdegie said:

another thing worth noting is that all these approved cases so far have case numbers that are very close to each other...which most likely mean they were all put into one box when they were sorted.

My number is right in the middle of the approved numbers!! We're hopeful! I told him to get his police clearance soon and I'll be sending him the financial proof this week. 

2 minutes ago, eruiz3 said:

My case was received on 2/2/17 and still no change. I wonder if it is because Cuban cases might take longer?

Nope, it's just how this process works.  I believe, including the expedited cases, only 30 of about 3500 cases have been approved.  Plus, there are still many filers from December and January awaiting approval.  We really have no idea how they choose which box gets worked on next, how the boxes are sorted, etc., so I think it's just up to chance that a box with some 2/6 files got pulled first and are being worked on.  My received date is 2/28 and I'm really not expecting an approval until the end of May/beginning of June.  If it comes sooner, it will be a nice surprise, but from watching these forums for awhile I've learned that it's just best to assume this whole process is going to take the longest time possible in each step.  That way, I at least am not watching the days pass as much and constantly checking my status :)

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Yeah ...it feels so long...I was originally gonna file november but I was,waiting for my divorce to finalize and decided to hold off till jan so my ex and I could get our big tax return to pay down community bills....just sucks...but sometimes u have to make choices...I'm just happy they are touching our cases...its some light at the end of the tunnel and gives me hope to continue on....

I feel your divorce pain!! We wanted to file earlier too but my divorce took forever to finally go through.  At least we have lots of practice in the waiting game. It seems theyre making a big push for the December cases right now and then I think they'll be mostly doing January's with February seeing some slow movement in the next few weeks (similar to what january Has been seeing recently).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.