5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have my interview on Wednesday (19th) at the London Embassy I'm so excited aaaaaahhhhh! Anybody had their interview in London yet? Will I find out on the day whether its been approved???

Wishing luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, mkm1993 said:

You could very well be right about that. I didn't even think about it 

3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

I don't know about you, But my noa2 only has 4 months on it. It got approved 28th June and priority date says 27th October. I think that means by then I will have had to have my interview. Maybe you only have so long and December is out of that range.

I'm from uk so not sure if different embassies have different rules.

From my understanding it is 4 months, but that the embassy has the authority to extend it out. If you do not want to proceed now, then I would definitely contact them and see if your embassy is automatic in the extension or not.

7 hours ago, iamdegie said:

hi guys, so something weird happened to my case status. yesterday the "case last updated" date changed to 16-July from 28-June originally. has anybody seen this before and what do you think this means?

ps - i have not been able to move forward and schedule my interview despite my case being ready weeks ago because my embassy is taking forever to send me packet 3. =(

Not everyone gets a packet 3. I, and many others proceeded without it and created the account, paid and now have the appointments. People have gone to the interview and still didn't receive a packet 3. Definitely call your Embassy/Consulate and verify

Edited by tab0712
spelling

1 minute ago, EmGosh said:

Hello Everyone,

I have my interview on Wednesday (19th) at the London Embassy I'm so excited aaaaaahhhhh! Anybody had their interview in London yet? Will I find out on the day whether its been approved???

That's great news!!!

You will find out if you are approved that day but will have to wait to get your passport back.  If you're curious about the process and questions asked, you can read some reviews here:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=United+Kingdom&cty=&dfilter=5

That has both K-1 and CR-1 applicants but it's a great resource I think to know what to expect the day of and to also help to calm any nerves you might have about the process or questions they will ask.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

28 minutes ago, mkm1993 said:

You could very well be right about that. I didn't even think about it 

I also think that interview dates are only posted online for about a month and a half out from the current date.  I think they want to try to avoid changes/letting people schedule outside of their available windows, so they only open dates a little over a month out.  I don't know if there was a particular reason you were wanting to wait for the interview until December but, as it has already been mentioned, you can probably get an extension by contacting the embassy.  If you fiancee wants, she could go ahead and have the interview and have that done and behind her as she has 6 months to enter the USA from the date of her medical exam.  So, even if she had the medical in July, she would have until January to enter and use the visa.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

19 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Hello Everyone,

You will find out on Day if your approved 😄 Good luck and fingers crossed for you my interview is August 4th 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

That's great news!!!

You will find out if you are approved that day but will have to wait to get your passport back.  If you're curious about the process and questions asked, you can read some reviews here:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=United+Kingdom&cty=&dfilter=5

That has both K-1 and CR-1 applicants but it's a great resource I think to know what to expect the day of and to also help to calm any nerves you might have about the process or questions they will ask.

Thank you!!!!

13 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

You will find out on Day if your approved 😄 Good luck and fingers crossed for you my interview is August 4th 

Thank you! I'll let you know what happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

You called it!  I just checked the status again (for probably the 6th time today) and it's now listed as Ready!!!  Going to get to work on the DS160  :D

The cases seem to stay "in transit" for Montreal much longer! Waiting for "ready" since last Thursday... hopefully soon. 

Seeing everyone's progress is so encouraging...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone who has been interviewed in Canada have a fiancé who is self employed? Curious about how much evidence of support they need? He makes well above the necessary limit, but is just 2 past years tax returns enough? 

3 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

Congrats!!! Mine is Ready too!!! Unbelievable!

Congrats!!!  They must be switching more and more embassies over to the electronic system which is great for everyone going forward.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

AOS Condensed Timeline:

RoC Condensed Timeline:

N400

Timeline

Hey guys

has anyone booked their interview and printed off their confirmation page?

Could someone please tell if this confirmation page has the applicants name and case number on it?

The doctors need proof of name and case number and we haven't recieved an email/letter as of yet.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.