5,920 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Oh thanks! Haha. I thought so. Because when you get interviewed they have all your details there in paper. So I assumed they got it by post. But had seen a comment that they recieved by email. So wasn't sure. Thank you 😁

It seems like some embassies have started to use an electronic system to receive the documents from the NVC.  I don't know how this works, if the COs just bring up the info on the computer for the interview or they print it out at the embassy, but it seems like they are going to start to transition more embassies to the electronic system instead of the paper and shipping system.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

do you need to bring a ring a hard copy of your NOA2 and NVC letter to your interview? I didn't see anything online mentioning it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, RaptureSongbird said:

It seems like some embassies have started to use an electronic system to receive the documents from the NVC.  I don't know how this works, if the COs just bring up the info on the computer for the interview or they print it out at the embassy, but it seems like they are going to start to transition more embassies to the electronic system instead of the paper and shipping system.

Thank you for the info. Was curious. Didn't know how long it takes for nvc to embassy recieved 😁

Edited by ChristaandJosh

36 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Thank you for the info. Was curious. Didn't know how long it takes for nvc to embassy recieved 😁

Just like every other step in this process, it doesn't seem like there is a consistent timeline unfortunately.  Some people get to the embassy quickly, some take a little bit longer.  For instance, TriloBye made it to the embassy in 9 days from NVC received.  Tomorrow will be 9 days since NVC received my file but the case tracker says that my case is still At NVC.

2 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

do you need to bring a ring a hard copy of your NOA2 and NVC letter to your interview? I didn't see anything online mentioning it

From what I've seen, you don't need to take these items to the interview.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

I think it is another one of those things that are embassy specific  (I know it is required for the embassy in Algeria....along with the receipt from the DS 160...but again, that's algeria)

Me, personally, would take absolutely everything . ...just in case they needed something at the interview. 

3 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

I actually mailed all of the original NOA2, NVC letter, etc to my fiancee. Personally, I don't want to take any chances when it comes to seeing my love again. Then there's also the money, effort and waiting that went into it.  My suggestion is to bring everything and more.

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I actually mailed all of the original NOA2, NVC letter, etc to my fiancee. Personally, I don't want to take any chances when it comes to seeing my love again. Then there's also the money, effort and waiting that went into it.  My suggestion is to bring everything and more.

I agree completely.

A lot of people here are applying for their loved ones in other (let's just call them "first world" or "information accessible" countries). For those of us who have loved ones in less connected countries....one piece of paper could cause weeks of delays....

I would make sure she/he has a copy of everything. Just in case :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Hi all,

I sure hope not. I have yet to receive anything in the mail, and the interview is booked for the end of August. They can't demand something that want sent through secured courrier. Postal services are not reliable enough (hence I haven't received any approval notices)

3 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

I sure hope not. I have yet to receive anything in the mail, and the interview is booked for the end of August. They can't demand something that want sent through secured courrier. Postal services are not reliable enough (hence I haven't received any approval notices)

They could, however, say you're not allowed to even have an interview until the "thing" is in your hands. We all know how these people are. What I did was go to the UK forum on here and people (who have walked the path already) in numbers convinced me of what they expect and don't expect.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

They could, however, say you're not allowed to even have an interview until the "thing" is in your hands. We all know how these people are. What I did was go to the UK forum on here and people (who have walked the path already) in numbers convinced me of what they expect and don't expect.

Well, then I'd be screwed. They already said they won't mail anything else. And that is rediculous, and I'd look into the legalities of it. 

The Mexican forum here is pathetic. Literally 3 people have advice that have already gone through it. But of all people, the Consulate in Juarez is well aware of the shitty mail service in Mexico. 

38 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

Well, then I'd be screwed. They already said they won't mail anything else. And that is rediculous, and I'd look into the legalities of it. 

The Mexican forum here is pathetic. Literally 3 people have advice that have already gone through it. But of all people, the Consulate in Juarez is well aware of the shitty mail service in Mexico. 

Yeah, that's no good at all. I guess at a point, you've done all you can, and all that's left is to hope for the best.

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, janet3 said:

I am in that boat with you. They received mine February 2nd. 

I requested an inquiry....they told me I would hear something in 2 weeks.

Huh, they told me I would be contacted within 30 days. I like 2 weeks much better!

Timeline
2 hours ago, tab0712 said:

Did you receive anything via email? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.