5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Orit.d said:

My fiance literally JUST got the NOA2 in the mail. :D:D

Dated July 7th. (134) days.

* My fiance also called USCIS this morning to inquire and they told him there is no update on our case. -- then we got the mail .. 

Thats awesome..im hoping mine comes by the end of next week...141 days from noa1

8 hours ago, Me and her said:

@Trilobyte,

Sorry to ask....  but what is the online readiness form?  Also, how long did you wait for the time you received your case number until the NVC marked it as ready?  Many thanks!

The steps might be different for other embassies. I really don't know. It's just a form that in the steps of things to do. I waited 9 days from NVC received until READY.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/immigrant-visas-notification-applicant-readiness-form/ 

This is the UK version for the US Embassy in London. You fill this in once you have completed the DS160 and scheduled your medical examination? Also, where would I find my Barcode # AA? It asks for this on the readiness form.  @TriloByte

Yes, it's filled out after the ds-160 and after the medical is scheduled. The # AA is from the ds-160 confirmation.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Here were my UK steps after NOA2 again (would not recommend following these steps for other embassies):

You must follow this exact order:

1. Started calling both the immigrant and non-immigrant NVC support lines two weeks after NOA2. Called every two days until we were told the case is received
  2. Called the NVC line that said our case was received every day until they give us a case an LND number.
  3. We waited until the case checker above said "READY". https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
  4. We completed the DS160 online and printed the receipt. You need the receipt/confirmation later (gives you the # AA).
  5. We Scheduled the medical over the phone. You will pay 300 pounds when you go to the medical.
  6. We submitted the readiness form online.
  7. We scheduled the interview online. this is when you will pay $265.00 and you will also have the option to pay for the carrier service at the same time (19 pounds). Make sure to schedule the interview 2 weeks after the medical because if the medical results are not at the embassy the day of your interview it can cause delays. Printed all of the confirmations as they are needed later. You need your LND number, the DS160 confirmation number, your passport number, your personal info to schedule. Choose option 2, the K option when asked.

You DON'T need a letter from the embassy to schedule anything or at the interview. 

Read all of this too. It's where you find the phone numbers and links to do the above and other things you must understand to prep for it all:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
24 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

The steps might be different for other embassies. I really don't know. It's just a form that in the steps of things to do. I waited 9 days from NVC received until READY.

Pretty sure the beginning ones are the same...and I appreciate you mapping it out  (I have it saved....)

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/immigrant-visas-notification-applicant-readiness-form/ 

This is the UK version for the US Embassy in London. You fill this in once you have completed the DS160 and scheduled your medical examination? Also, where would I find my Barcode # AA? It asks for this on the readiness form.  @TriloByte

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We finally found the time tonight to sit and focus on the DS-160. Boy do they ask some weird questions. Is there a processing g time that you need to wait before making the payment? Then is there a wait to book the appointments???

Timeline
7 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

The Barcode #AA is found on the DS 160  confirmation page. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

We finally found the time tonight to sit and focus on the DS-160. Boy do they ask some weird questions. Is there a processing g time that you need to wait before making the payment? Then is there a wait to book the appointments???

It depends on the embassy handling your case. I would reach out to them to find out how to proceed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone from the Philippines who also got an RFE

I've submitted my response to RFE last June 16. Just wondering how long it takes to get the NOA2. I'm hoping to get an interview by August cause we need to fly out to New York by August 25th or so.

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Camie said:

Anyone from the Philippines who also got an RFE

I've submitted my response to RFE last June 16. Just wondering how long it takes to get the NOA2. I'm hoping to get an interview by August cause we need to fly out to New York by August 25th or so.

Not sure if the immigrant's country is related. Ours took more than 60 days...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, goodlulck52 said:

Not sure if the immigrant's country is related. Ours took more than 60 days...

That really sucks. I hope the person who handled my file is also handling my RFE.

Everything else was pretty fast and on schedule since the beginning, within the projected timeline from NOA1. Other RFEs were apparently approved within 2 weeks.

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Camie said:

That really sucks. I hope the person who handled my file is also handling my RFE.

Everything else was pretty fast and on schedule since the beginning, within the projected timeline from NOA1. Other RFEs were apparently approved within 2 weeks.

Good for you! Mine was slow both of the times.

Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 5:15 PM, Emmz said:

just want to ask if anyone here went to interview already? can i asked what the consul asked u?

HI @Emmz ,  Check this site for feedback from those who already went to the interview. :) 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Philippines

Edited by Chris and Tin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.