5,920 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Not sure if we are doing it right because our lawyer is useless, but our case just turned to ready and we did the ds-160 today and tomorrow we will schedule the medical, submit the readiness form and then schedule the interview and pay the fee all on the same day. There was no packet.

I thought so, I haven't seen packet 3 mentioned anywhere including the embassy website for London. Congrats on it going ready too, your fiance is going to be there in no time now!

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

20 minutes ago, Missabc said:

I thought so, I haven't seen packet 3 mentioned anywhere including the embassy website for London. Congrats on it going ready too, your fiance is going to be there in no time now!

Thanks, Everything is crossed!

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Willy Wilcox said:

I have a question about the I-134.  The instructions say:

"If a question does not apply to you (for example, if you have never been married and the question asks 'Provide the name of your current spouse'), type or print 'N/A,' unless otherwise directed. If your answer to a question which requires a numeric response is zero or none (for example, 'How many children do you have' or 'How many times have you departed the United States'), type or print 'None,' unless otherwise directed."

I typed out the affidavit in the PDF file itself.  For most questions I cannot put "N/A" or "None" because of how the PDF is set up and won't allow for certain characters.  Would it be alright to just type in the "N/A" or "None" with a pen or is it better to just leave them blank?  What did you guys do?

Thanks!

I think using a pen would be fine. What we did is just typing NA instead, since it didn't admit the bar (/)... I don't know if that's ok because we are still waiting for NOA2, but we thought if it was really that important then they should adapt the PDF accordingly :P

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, TriloByte said:

Not sure if we are doing it right because our lawyer is useless, but our case just turned to ready and we did the ds-160 today and tomorrow we will schedule the medical, submit the readiness form and then schedule the interview and pay the fee all on the same day. There was no packet.

Does 'ready' mean it's at the US embassy in London? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Missabc said:

Just out of curiosity (as you all know from my moaning I'm not at this point yet), anyone from the UK do we actually receive packet 3 or is it a case of calling NVC and getting our case number and then once its 'ready' we fill out the DS-160 and then pay the fee and schedule our medical and interview. 

Whilst I'm going stir crazy, i thought it would be a good idea to write down a step by step of what i need to do once i get the phantom letter. :D

That is what I have done! Had my medical before it even said 'Ready' scheduled my interview for the 19th, I will keep you informed if a mystery packet arrives haha! Good luck, routing for you(L)

6 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Yes. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

17 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

That is what I have done! Had my medical before it even said 'Ready' scheduled my interview for the 19th, I will keep you informed if a mystery packet arrives haha! Good luck, routing for you(L)

Haha aww thankyou & good luck!! 

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

27 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Yes. 

34 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Mine updated to Ready today also! Interview is coming soon! Im trying to see if i can make it for the interview and maybe stay there until we receive visa and then fly back together ... anybody else planning on attendimg the interview? 

4 hours ago, Missabc said:

Just out of curiosity (as you all know from my moaning I'm not at this point yet), anyone from the UK do we actually receive packet 3 or is it a case of calling NVC and getting our case number and then once its 'ready' we fill out the DS-160 and then pay the fee and schedule our medical and interview. 

Whilst I'm going stir crazy, i thought it would be a good idea to write down a step by step of what i need to do once i get the phantom letter. :D

I didn't receive packet 3 as such. I just received a letter from the US Embassy in London saying they had received my approved petition. The letter included my case number and it had a web address to follow for next steps, which is just to this page on their website. I then filled out the DS-160, booked my medical and scheduled my interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, TriloByte said:

Not sure....

But I think it is embassy specific  (both packet 3 and 4)....I have read that some people do not receive either.

Side note....I am so incredibly excited for you guys!

Timeline
1 hour ago, aradracing02 said:

Mine updated to Ready today also! Interview is coming soon! Im trying to see if i can make it for the interview and maybe stay there until we receive visa and then fly back together ... anybody else planning on attendimg the interview? 

I absolutely plan on attending the interview  (Algeria is a high fraud country). And I want to be there for support.

If, of course, I ever actually receive the illusive NOA2 ^_^

6 minutes ago, janet3 said:

Not sure....

But I think it is embassy specific  (both packet 3 and 4)....I have read that some people do not receive either.

Side note....I am so incredibly excited for you guys!

Thanks! I really really really am looking forward to your NOA2 and the others that are still waiting.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
20 hours ago, Chris and Tin said:

Oh wow! You were busy! :)  On my end, I signed up for yoga classes online to improve my own practice and my teaching skills.  I went to a Pranic Healing workshop, read some books I haven't had time to read before, watched a lot of movies, and went out more with my friends who I didn't spend time with before.  Whining here helped a little bit though, but eventually I got tired doing it even in my mind, and when I did, that's when the approvals came out.  haha! :) I'm the beneficiary so I kind of ransacked my closet and gave out my old stuff to people who can make use of them.  (Releasing old "energy" so new ones will come in.) :) 

Do you have a picture of your paper cranes? It seems cute to use that for your wedding. :) 

Thank you! 

I love all of this. 

I haven't strung the cranes together yet....they are still in a storage box but I will definitely post pictures of the cranes...it has been a long process so far and they are a product of this process  (boredom, frustration, nervousness, skepticism, adjustment, acceptance, ineptitude, etc...)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, TriloByte said:

FINALLY! The embassy has our case and it says READY! It's like a dream! Can't really believe it's happening. :blink:

Woot!! That's awesome! :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.