5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Irisandjoel said:

Where do I find the Visa case number to check the CEAC status? I only have the receipt number from USCIS.

It's the NVC number, if you don't have it yet you can try calling them or wait for it in the mail!

6 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

I just checked mine and it's ready too! Must have been in the same batch!

☺️☺️ I'm gonna have to schedule my medical and interview when I get home from USA 😂 Good luck to you

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

☺️☺️ I'm gonna have to schedule my medical and interview when I get home from USA 😂 Good luck to you

Thank you! You too, Ive scheduled mine for the 19th but hoping for a sooner date to become available!

3 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Thank you! You too, Ive scheduled mine for the 19th but hoping for a sooner date to become available!

Did you schedule your interview then pay MRV fee 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

Did you schedule your interview then pay MRV fee 

I'm confused about the MRV fee, it wouldn't let me schedule it until i paid a $265 fee, so I assume that is the same thing? or is there another fee??

2 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

I'm confused about the MRV fee, it wouldn't let me schedule it until i paid a $265 fee, so I assume that is the same thing? or is there another fee??

Yep I think it's the same as far as I know there's only one fee to pay 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Alya and Joe said:

Congratulations! finally!!!! next step) its wonderful)

we are at 134 day and no news about noa2( hope it will come soon as im worried a lot already...

did you recieve any e-mail notice about noa2 or just got the snail mail?

Hello! I just received snail mail. For us it took less than two weeks after USCIS got our RFE response. After that I was waiting one week, called NVC and get our case number. I was so happy!!!1. But now it seems we "stuck" in US embassy in Moscow.  Maybe  I just lost my patient))). The US embassy got our case on Monday,  July 3, but no any e-mail for me that we can schedule interview. In meanwhile we fill out DS-160, planning to pay for visa, and I am going to send e-mail to US embassy about case. 

I hope you will receive your NOA2 in this week or next. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, GazLisa said:

Just checked ceac case status our visa is at embassy and ready for interview lol 😂 

Have you had your medical yet? When can you do that from noa2? How long so you have to wait? Until you get case number from nvc?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

Yep I think it's the same as far as I know there's only one fee to pay 

Oh thats a relief! This process is burning holes in my bank account!

8 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Have you had your medical yet? When can you do that from noa2? How long so you have to wait? Until you get case number from nvc?

NOt yet gonna schedule my medical next Monday,you need case number from NVC first 😉

7 minutes ago, EmGosh said:

Oh thats a relief! This process is burning holes in my bank account!

lol worth every penny 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Julia&Andrei said:

Hello! I just received snail mail. For us it took less than two weeks after USCIS got our RFE response. After that I was waiting one week, called NVC and get our case number. I was so happy!!!1. But now it seems we "stuck" in US embassy in Moscow.  Maybe  I just lost my patient))). The US embassy got our case on Monday,  July 3, but no any e-mail for me that we can schedule interview. In meanwhile we fill out DS-160, planning to pay for visa, and I am going to send e-mail to US embassy about case. 

I hope you will receive your NOA2 in this week or next. 

I'm not sure if it's the same, but here in the PH, we are to pay the $265 fee, fill the DS-160, then we can schedule the interview on our own as soon as the case has a "ready" status.  Check on your USEM site and see if you have to do it on your own or to have to wait for them to schedule your interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Irisandjoel said:

NOA1: feb 28th

NOA2: june 14th

Just got an email this morning from the embassy:

"Dear Iris,

We have received an expedited K-1 Fiancée visa request.

Please see attached instructions for your interview.

NOTE : Not all of the instructions are applicable to your case – you would have to fill out a DS-160.

Interviews are only on Wednesdays at 1pm and we only schedule interviews after you have the medical results ready and the medical may not be older than 6 months.

Sincerely,"

So it looks like I can schedule my interview!! Never expected them to contact me this fast! 

Still need to call them and double check if it's true I don't need the I-134 affidavit of support for the interview ( I asked them once via email and they said no, but still most people say we do need it so I'm not sure what to think)

I should receive a letter from NVC to bring to the interview?

And does anyone know if my US fiancé needs to send me a copy of his tax return to bring to the interview too?

Congratulation!!!! My suggestion to check your US embassy site, to see what exactly they want from you and your US fiancé. Moscow US consulate want police certificate from beneficiary, his medical should be ready before interview, DS-160, etc. From me US fiance, I-134, bank statements, letter from my employer, Tax returned from last year. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, GazLisa said:

NOt yet gonna schedule my medical next Monday,you need case number from NVC first 😉

lol worth every penny 

Thank you. We only just got the noa2 dated a week ago. Need to get my police cert ordered too! 

1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Thank you. We only just got the noa2 dated a week ago. Need to get my police cert ordered too! 

Awesome,police certificate takes about 10-14 days to arrive 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.