5,920 posts in this topic

So i called the embassy to set up an appointment, they told me they created an account for me on this platform called "cgifederal.secure.force.com" to schedule the interview.

I log in, add all my info, delivery preferences for when my passport is sent back to me by the embassy once i get the visa, the visa fee receipt number and finally it says "Transaction complete" with a PDF file attached containing a barcode that i have to print and bring to the embassy.

My problem is there is absolutely no way for me to schedule the appointment on this platform. The option exists but if follow the steps required, the end of the road is the PDF file. Im sorry if i blabber i'm a bit tilted because it's too late to call the embassy, but i would like to know if anyone else had to go through cgifederal.secure.force.com to schedule the interview appointment. 

1 hour ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Our NOA2 is June 10 and same situation here. Which number did you call?

I have been calling the non immigrant number and the lady who answered this morning sounded annoyed that I was calling. She even asked my approval date and said, "Well, it takes 6 weeks to receive your file."  Umm... no b___h, it doesn't. :angry:  Now do the damn job my taxes and filing fees are paying you to do and be happy about it!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

They're so freaking salty and robotic at NVC, zero compassion or understanding of the fact that it's an extremely frustrating process and you just want some basic information. Took me ages to get my case number, in the end longer than the timeframes the people on the phone quoted me, and despite always being calm, courteous and polite they were always so rude to me! I was often abruptly told "IT TAKES SIX WEEKS WE DONT EVEN HAVE IT YET" even when I'd already been told it had arrived. Glad to see the back of that place.

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
48 minutes ago, glmg21 said:

They're so freaking salty and robotic at NVC, zero compassion or understanding of the fact that it's an extremely frustrating process and you just want some basic information. Took me ages to get my case number, in the end longer than the timeframes the people on the phone quoted me, and despite always being calm, courteous and polite they were always so rude to me! I was often abruptly told "IT TAKES SIX WEEKS WE DONT EVEN HAVE IT YET" even when I'd already been told it had arrived. Glad to see the back of that place.

I got an letter from NVC But i dont have the NVC number,Where I am gonna get the NVC number, what am I supposed to do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, goldenboi said:

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals and those that are about to get interviewed - I wish you luck! 

Day 132 for me today. 😔 I don't know what's going on. Called uscis tier 2 and was given the generic response "within the normal timeframe." 

Day 148 for me.

I tried to send a service request online...it told me the same thing  (within normal processing times)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, manisali45 said:

I got an letter from NVC But i dont have the NVC number,Where I am gonna get the NVC number, what am I supposed to do?

Call them.

Try (603) 334-0700, option 5

or (603) 334-0888, option 1

Tell them you received the letter, but you need your case number.

Edited by TexasHeartsIndia

Timeline
15 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Call them.

Try (603) 334-0700, option 5

or (603) 334-0888, option 1

I called this numbers .She gave me an 8 digit numbers.i thought it is gonna start with nvc something.i check the number she gave me it didnt work

Timeline

OK.Finally I got my nvc number.when I enter my number it says: Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview 

is that means we may get interview date soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
3 hours ago, goldenboi said:

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals and those that are about to get interviewed - I wish you luck! 

Day 132 for me today. 😔 I don't know what's going on. Called uscis tier 2 and was given the generic response "within the normal timeframe." 

I was snooping and found the professional page of james mccament hes the director of uscis...it didnt show his email all the way but it was easy to figure out ...jamesw.mccament@dhs.gov

I wrote him a long letter asking him to intervene with the processing time update and tracker updates...told him theyd have less complaints if we got some kinda update...instead of just "processing"....yahoo didnt return my mail so I'm hoping it got thru to him...

Edited by Lovemycroatianman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Apparently a few years back...on this very forum, filers of 130 and 129s were getting slower and slower processing times....so somebody made a generic letter and everyone started sending it to whoeever they could....you can find the info if you look up ombudsman in the search....people started getting approved from that letter within days...idk if it would happen again but...I feel I need to do something....

Rooting for you all that are waiting on NOA2! Let's hope this is the week.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

11 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Our NOA2 is June 10 and same situation here. Which number did you call?

I have been calling the non immigrant number and the lady who answered this morning sounded annoyed that I was calling. She even asked my approval date and said, "Well, it takes 6 weeks to receive your file."  Umm... no b___h, it doesn't. :angry:  Now do the damn job my taxes and filing fees are paying you to do and be happy about it!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I have only been trying the non-immigrant line since everyone said you can get the information in both places and the wait times on the phone for the non-immigrant line are shorter.

I think we had the same person this morning.  She seemed very short with me as well and gave me the same 6 weeks line.  She also condescendingly said "you are welcome to call back every day for an update".  So far, she was the rudest person I've dealt with at NVC.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

34 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

After 113 days and an RFE we are APPROVED!!!

Notice date  - June 28.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Congrats!!! 

27 minutes ago, Ms.B said:

Me and my  fiancé received our NOA 2 today in the mail ,dated June 28 after our RFE May 31 I'm so happy to see that paper. lost a lot of sleep waiting for this approval letter God is Good !! of course there's more paperwork to go through thank you all for your soupport through Visa Journey I called USCIS earlier before the mail came it's not posted and the lady told me that it wasn't even worked yet that It was still within the processing so don't  lose hope .Feb 22 was my received date ,my RFE was May 31 ,response was June 13 ,NOA 2 June 28 Approved  received today for the  fourth of July Good luck to everyone still waiting it's coming Happy Fourth of July

Congrats!!! 

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.