5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

Hey Christa,

As soon as we applied for k1 in February, my fiancé and his parents looked at a couple of places and there was a venue we all really liked. It's absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to get a head start on things. So we picked September 23rd. The whole place is reserved for us from Friday morning to Sunday noon. We also have paid a deposit but since the owners of the place are aware of our situation, we will be able to move the date around if needed. We have picked ( but hasn't paid yet) a photographer, a wedding cake baker, a caterer and an officiant also. My fiancé's mom and I have been talking about the decorations every day since the engagement so she has done most of the decorations already according to my taste. :rolleyes: Once I'm there, we plan to get other stuff done which won't take a long time or need a lot of planning. 

I haven't got my interview date yet but if I can get the interview and everything finalized by the end of July or mid August and leave during August, then we'll be okay with our fixed  weeding date. If not, then we'll move the date around according to my travel plans. 

I think it's safe to wait and book the date once you have an interview date. In my case, my fiancé's parents were okay with putting a deposit forward even if the date might need to be changed. You can never really guess how long this process or each of the step would take! It is just ridiculous!!! The waiting never ends until you finally meet your SO in the airport! 

And on on a side note, they just ask for a date of intended travel. They never asked for a wedding date specifically. :) RFE's are responded to quicker from what I have heard. They only take a couple of weeks and London embassy doesn't take too long as far as I know. So depending on when you want to leave, I think it could be before January that you guys can get married. Let's hope it's even sooner than that so you can be with him together forever! :)

WOW, our wedding date is also September 23.  Will be sending positive things your way when it happens :) (provided no hiccups)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

Hey Christa,

As soon as we applied for k1 in February, my fiancé and his parents looked at a couple of places and there was a venue we all really liked. It's absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to get a head start on things. So we picked September 23rd. The whole place is reserved for us from Friday morning to Sunday noon. We also have paid a deposit but since the owners of the place are aware of our situation, we will be able to move the date around if needed. We have picked ( but hasn't paid yet) a photographer, a wedding cake baker, a caterer and an officiant also. My fiancé's mom and I have been talking about the decorations every day since the engagement so she has done most of the decorations already according to my taste. :rolleyes: Once I'm there, we plan to get other stuff done which won't take a long time or need a lot of planning. 

I haven't got my interview date yet but if I can get the interview and everything finalized by the end of July or mid August and leave during August, then we'll be okay with our fixed  weeding date. If not, then we'll move the date around according to my travel plans. 

I think it's safe to wait and book the date once you have an interview date. In my case, my fiancé's parents were okay with putting a deposit forward even if the date might need to be changed. You can never really guess how long this process or each of the step would take! It is just ridiculous!!! The waiting never ends until you finally meet your SO in the airport! 

And on on a side note, they just ask for a date of intended travel. They never asked for a wedding date specifically. :) RFE's are responded to quicker from what I have heard. They only take a couple of weeks and London embassy doesn't take too long as far as I know. So depending on when you want to leave, I think it could be before January that you guys can get married. Let's hope it's even sooner than that so you can be with him together forever! :)

We've both said it's gonna be fine if we marry in January. It's just not knowing anything at all right now that gets to me. I haven't slept in months, worrying. We do have a photographer already. His sister is a professional photographer. That's one thing we definitely have. I'm just ready to book things and be able to set a date or something to tell people. It's been 11 days since they recieved our RFE. I'm just impatient. And a worrier. 😓 almost 5 months of waiting now from filing to now. I've heard CSC normally process cases within two weeks. 🙏🙏🙏 thank you. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
34 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

We've both said it's gonna be fine if we marry in January. It's just not knowing anything at all right now that gets to me. I haven't slept in months, worrying. We do have a photographer already. His sister is a professional photographer. That's one thing we definitely have. I'm just ready to book things and be able to set a date or something to tell people. It's been 11 days since they recieved our RFE. I'm just impatient. And a worrier. 😓 almost 5 months of waiting now from filing to now. I've heard CSC normally process cases within two weeks. 🙏🙏🙏 thank you. 😊

Well, does your fiancé's sister travel to other states to cover weddings???? If she does, can I know the prices and details? You can private message me. If you guys both okay with January then that's great because you'll have a long time to get ready and plan things. :)  

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Vince-Rina said:

WOW, our wedding date is also September 23.  Will be sending positive things your way when it happens :) (provided no hiccups)

That's just amazing we get to share the same wedding day! Have you guys got an interview date?  I hope there's no hiccups for any of us. Haha Good luck to you! Keep in touch. :) 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

That's just amazing we get to share the same wedding day! Have you guys got an interview date?  I hope there's no hiccups for any of us. Haha Good luck to you! Keep in touch. :) 

Her interview date is this Friday.  She is very prepared and I expect all to go well.  We have been together three years.  Good luck to you as well.  Yes, please stay in touch, and best wishes as always for both of you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dhanu and Justin said:

Well, does your fiancé's sister travel to other states to cover weddings???? If she does, can I know the prices and details? You can private message me. If you guys both okay with January then that's great because you'll have a long time to get ready and plan things. :)  

I've got you on insta! I think you already follow her. I'll message you over on there. 😁

9 minutes ago, aradracing02 said:

Hey guys , i called NVC last wednesday and they had told me my case was received on that day, i called today and they said the case has not been received🤔 

Has this happened to anyone ? Its been about 25 days since NOA2 

Did you call a different number? What did they say when you said that someone already told you it was received?

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys and gals,

Mine and my girlfriends petition was approved on June 14th... I've been calling NVC daily almost. Last time I called was this past Thursday and they said they still hadn't received it... I called again today and now they are saying it was received on June 28 which woulda been last Wednesday I believe? Guess it didn't update till today? Anyways they had received it but still had not gotten a case number... I knew something was different because I called the non immigrant phone number and she said let me look at something... she then said I needed to call the other hot line and press option 5. So I did it and talked to a woman with a accent and she told me it was received but still no case number. My question to y'all is how long do I need to wait to call back to get the case number? I asked her that but she couldn't give me a  definitive answer for whatever reason. But she was very nice and pleasant and so was the First Lady I talked to. I was surprised she was working. I work in asphalt and we got off Friday afternoon early and don't return till Wednesday... Monday and Tuesday being paid holiday pay. 

Just tried to call NVC again today and they still haven't received my case, approval date of 06/09.  With the holiday tomorrow I guess I will wait until Thursday to call again.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, mkm1993 said:

Hey guys and gals,

Mine and my girlfriends petition was approved on June 14th... I've been calling NVC daily almost. Last time I called was this past Thursday and they said they still hadn't received it... I called again today and now they are saying it was received on June 28 which woulda been last Wednesday I believe? Guess it didn't update till today? Anyways they had received it but still had not gotten a case number... I knew something was different because I called the non immigrant phone number and she said let me look at something... she then said I needed to call the other hot line and press option 5. So I did it and talked to a woman with a accent and she told me it was received but still no case number. My question to y'all is how long do I need to wait to call back to get the case number? I asked her that but she couldn't give me a  definitive answer for whatever reason. But she was very nice and pleasant and so was the First Lady I talked to. I was surprised she was working. I work in asphalt and we got off Friday afternoon early and don't return till Wednesday... Monday and Tuesday being paid holiday pay. 

If they told you to call option 5, you are one of the people who is being entered into the new system.  It took 2 weeks exactly for me from the date they said they received my petition to get a number (although I actually got the number the same day as them telling me it was received (two weeks prior), because they kept saying not received until one agent finally told us we were in the new system and to call option 5)

1 hour ago, aradracing02 said:

Hey guys , i called NVC last wednesday and they had told me my case was received on that day, i called today and they said the case has not been received🤔 

Has this happened to anyone ? Its been about 25 days since NOA2 

Try calling and pressing option 5, instead of 7.  You may be in the new electronic system and I think only some agents can see into that system, so it might explain why you were told received on one day and not received the next.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Just tried to call NVC again today and they still haven't received my case, approval date of 06/09.  With the holiday tomorrow I guess I will wait until Thursday to call again.

Our NOA2 is June 10 and same situation here. Which number did you call?

I have been calling the non immigrant number and the lady who answered this morning sounded annoyed that I was calling. She even asked my approval date and said, "Well, it takes 6 weeks to receive your file."  Umm... no b___h, it doesn't. :angry:  Now do the damn job my taxes and filing fees are paying you to do and be happy about it!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals and those that are about to get interviewed - I wish you luck! 

Day 132 for me today. 😔 I don't know what's going on. Called uscis tier 2 and was given the generic response "within the normal timeframe." 

3 hours ago, mkm1993 said:

Hey guys and gals,

start practising referring to each other as fiance and not boyfriend and girlfriend i believe ive seen on the forum that the officers frown upon it because bf/gf lacks seriousness or something of the sort. so let your fiance know in the interview she must refer to you as fiance and bf.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0TydLCMPdH4G2gnzC2b8A

INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/find_her_keep_her/  

i-129F Sent:                                                                  2017-01-25

I-129F NOA1/NOA2:                                                   2017-02-01/2017-05-30  
NVC Received: 2017-06-09
Date Case # assigned: 2017-06-12
NVC Left: 2017-06-19
Consulate Received: 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received/Sent: 2017-06-22

Packet 4 received:

Medical Appointment

Interview date and result:  

Visa Issued Notice:

Visa in hand:

US Entry:

Marriage:

AOS package posted to USCIS:

Acceptance notice i485:

Biometrics:

Acceptance notice i765:

RFE for i765:

Approval for i765 and AP:

Received card for i765 and AP

2017-06-27

2017-07-04

2017-07-21 Approved🎉🎉😊🌈❤️ (see my timeline for breakdown)

2017-08-17

2017-08-21

2017-08-22

2017-09-23❤️❤️❤️❤️

2017-10-20

2017-11-27

2017-12-22                

2018-01-11

2018-04-16

2018-06-07🎉🎉😊

2018-06-13🎉🎉😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.