5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Julia&Andrei said:

Oh, I don't think I provided his e-mail, but i put mine ( I am a petitioner). Let see. 

Thank you for all your help. 

I meant petitioner.  Email to the petitioner!  I am so in love that I just feel like the beneficiary!!!! lol

It also came as paper mail to me, the petitioner!   But of course, the mail took a few days longer than the email.

This is the email attachment you get and will get to forward to the beneficiary:

Dear Applicant:

We are pleased to inform you that the Immigrant Visa Unit of U.S. Embassy Moscow has received your approved visa petition and that your case is ready for processing.

You should now visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru to complete the following steps: 1) arrange payment of the $265 visa fee (for each applicant); 2) enter an address to which the visa will be delivered; and 3) schedule your interview appointment.  Once you pay the fee and specify the delivery address, you may schedule your interview for any available appointment slot.

Please ensure that the date you select falls within four months of the date on which the visa petition was approved.  Failure to do so may impact the validity of your visa petition.

All applicants for fiancé (e) visas must comply with the processing requirements detailed at https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/ . This page provides the most accurate and complete information needed to prepare for your interview including a list of required documents.  Applicants should also read this pamphlet before coming to the interview.

Please review A Guide for New Immigrants (https://www.uscis.gov/tools/settling-us/welcome-united-states). This comprehensive guide contains practical information to help you settle into everyday life in the United States. It also contains basic civics information that introduces you to the U.S. system of government. You can download free copies in 14 languages, including Russian.   

Please contact the Call Center at + 7 (495) 745 3388 (local) or 8 800 100 2554 (ITFN) or 1-(703) - 745 5474 from the U.S. or via email (support-russia@ustraveldocs.com) if you have any problems accessing the appointment system. 

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit
U.S. Embassy Moscow

Edited by JeffreyElla

I-129F Sent : 2017-02-10
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-02-13
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE!!
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-05-30
NVC Received : 2017-06-12
NVC Left : 2017-06-19
Consulate Received : 2017-06-20
Packet 3 Received : 2017-06-21
Packet 3 Sent : 2017-06-22
Interview Date : 2017-08-03

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, JeffreyElla said:

I meant petitioner.  Email to the petitioner!  I am so in love that I just feel like the beneficiary!!!! lol

It also came as paper mail to me, the petitioner!   But of course, the mail took a few days longer than the email.

This is the email attachment you get and will get to forward to the beneficiary:

I absolutely understand your feeling)), because I also want to speed up to this process and every day just wish it will be August instead of July))). 

1 hour ago, janet3 said:

This is good advice....

And I have been trying ;)

I have now made 700  (out of 1000) paper cranes  (those good luck cranes are going to be used in my wedding....or happily ever after....some how)

I have removed all of the popcorn ceilings from my house....

Trained my dogs to be polite....

Made a vegetable garden....

Planned a wedding at my father's house  (very small)

Cleaned half of my belongings out of the house to make room for his belongings. 

And I am buying a new car to transport my two dogs and camping gear  (plus kayaks) because I would like to show him the US.....

That is what I have done so far  (to busy myself)..

Anyone else made new accommodations/life changes to accommodate their future spouse?

Let's see. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head: 

- We have a new apartment lined up for when she moves here (my ex-wife keeps barging into this one, using my kids as an excuse to do so (she has done it several times while my fiancee was here, so we are moving 40 minutes away from her in an attempt to mitigate this)

- Have spent thousands on new appliances, furniture, etc.

- She has been shipping her stuff over here little by little and now we have it all done.

- We have all of our stuff done like medical records, vaccines, etc. All we have to do is wait and do the medical and the interview once the DOS, etc. get their butt into gear.

- Bought a new car because the old one reminded us of the ex-wife.

- Both been exercising more to be in the best shape we can be in for each other when we are back together.

- More planning out life with the kids and us all mixed together (we already know how it went from the last 6 months she was here, but we are making more adjustments).

- Working more to get bonuses and raises to pay for everything.

Then, I have a million things going on besides all of the stuff above. The kids are with me for the summer so there's never a dull moment. :) 

Edited by TriloByte

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Julia&Andrei said:

I completely understand your feelings. Try to give each other love, support and be patient. I did not see my fiancé since February and I know i should wait at least till September( because even I told him in May to get police certificate, he just did on June 28..... and it takes 1 month!!!) Our case was approved on June 12, NVC received at June 23, case ready on June 30!!!!. Your will received your NOA2 very soon!!!!! I am positive. So it just take a longer than suppose to be, unfortunately...... 

A month?!?! Oh my goodness... I hope India doesn't take that long. My fiance doesn't have his either... and I was hoping his interview would be in a couple of weeks :(:unsure:

Timeline
17 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hi there

Has anyone had to change their wedding date? We don't have a date per say yet. It was going to be around November time, but we are waiting on our RFE response and it's delayed us a bit. And I've heard you could wait up to 6 weeks for the nvc? Then it has to go to embassy (London for me) Then medical and interview so my fiance and I have said it could he January. We haven't set a date yet because I was scared of delays happening. And we got one. Rfe. As well as the backlogs at the uscis. Does anyone else not have a date atm? We have a venue we love and have visited it and spoken to the venue people as well. With wanting to get married on a weekday they said there would be lots of availability to pick once we got further ahead. I've also read that the ds160 form asks for an estimated date. Anyone else like us? :)

Once we got the NOA2, we figured October is a reasonable estimated date. Even then, I haven't put any deposits for anything. I have estimates for most every service and have  list of vendors who fit our budget and are available in October, but I'll wait until he has his visa to put any money. We just can't risk loosing anything - our finances will be tight until he starts working and we are paying for everything ourselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
36 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

Let's see. Here's what I can think of off the top of my head: 

- We have a new apartment lined up for when she moves here (my ex-wife keeps barging into this one, using my kids as an excuse to do so (she has done it several times while my fiancee was here, so we are moving 40 minutes away from her in an attempt to mitigate this)

- Have spent thousands on new appliances, furniture, etc.

- She has been shipping her stuff over here little by little and now we have it all done.

- We have all of our stuff done like medical records, vaccines, etc. All we have to do is wait and do the medical and the interview once the DOS, etc. get their butt into gear.

- Bought a new car because the old one reminded us of the ex-wife.

- Both been exercising more to be in the best shape we can be in for each other when we are back together.

- More planning out life with the kids and us all mixed together (we already know how it went from the last 6 months she was here, but we are making more adjustments).

- Working more to get bonuses and raises to pay for everything.

Then, I have a million things going on besides all of the stuff above. The kids are with me for the summer so there's never a dull moment. :) 

I love this. 

Maybe we should stop and remind ourselves why we are doing this and what we are doing in the meanwhile (while we wait for papers and numbers and transfers and approvals)

We can also share ideas about how to make our future spouses more comfortable and welcome in this whole new world.....

Or why we are doing this to begin with....

(My fiance makes my life spectacular :wub:)

Timeline
6 hours ago, lpvg17 said:

Does he need to return to the original passport office that issued his passport to obtain the police clearance?

He got his passport when he was living in Chennai, but he moved to Pune 8 months ago. Do you know if you can go to a different city than the one which originally issued the passport? 

This is the link we found: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

Back in February, my fiance needed to change his name on his passport (he needed to put his last name in the last name field, which was blank). The passport was originally issued in Kerala but he lives in Delhi, so he updated his address at the same time. The police went to his apartment to verify the address - it was a pain in the a** but not complicated. I am pretty sure your fiance can do the same thing - just update the address to Pune.

Timeline
1 hour ago, janet3 said:

This is good advice....

I have now made 700  (out of 1000) paper cranes  (those good luck cranes are going to be used in my wedding....or happily ever after....some how)

And I am buying a new car to transport my two dogs and camping gear  (plus kayaks) because I would like to show him the US.....

Anyone else made new accommodations/life changes to accommodate their future spouse?

I went through my closet and donated my unused (i.e. clothes that don't fit any more) to my favorite charity. My next step is to do the same with my dresser. I'll reorganize both to make room for his things. I've been going to garage sales on the weekend with my best friend, looking for household and/or wedding stuff. I found a night stand set so that he has a place beside the bed. I also reorganized my very small pantry (which is actually two small cabinets) to make room for more food for an extra person ;) Then there's wedding preparations: our preparation course required by my church (which we actually enjoy doing), reading some books on marriage and family, signed up for a registry, and planning details. One of my wedding projects is cleaning and painting wine bottles - the reception theme is wine :D Let me tell you, Pintrest makes cleaning wine bottles look a lot easier than it is!! Between all that and finishing gathering documents for the interview, I have been pretty busy!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I love this. 

Maybe we should stop and remind ourselves why we are doing this and what we are doing in the meanwhile (while we wait for papers and numbers and transfers and approvals)

We can also share ideas about how to make our future spouses more comfortable and welcome in this whole new world.....

Or why we are doing this to begin with....

(My fiance makes my life spectacular :wub:)

Agreed!!

I've also taken on 2 "side gigs" for extra cash - I am the wedding coordinator for my church (which means I am there for nearly every rehearsal and wedding ceremony, as well as the contact for brides). My best friend and matron of honor's mother-in-law rents out an extra room on Air BnB and needs help cleaning it between guests - which has averaged out to about 1-2 times a week. Keeps me busy and helps me set aside extra cash for the wedding and have a padded savings for while he is unable to work.

Sometimes when I really just want to go home and do nothing, I remember why I have these side jobs... it's all for him and our new life together :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
3 hours ago, janet3 said:

This is good advice....

I am the beneficiary so I have prepared myself for my move abroad. I have started packing what I need to take with me. Mostly documents  :D:D and gifts! And then some clothes. I have packed my books so they are ready to be shipped. I also made my wedding stationery items and I just have to print them out when I'm in the States. I can't remember what else I did haha but I have been pretty busy with getting ready for the wedding, the interview and the whole moving abroad thing. :rolleyes:

On on the other hand, my fiancé, the petitioner, has also made lot of changes in the house for my arrival. As soon as we applied for k1 in February, he started house projects with his family to make his house more pleasant which I think is really sweet. He got his deck rebuilt, put on a couple of doors and made space for me in the whole house too. Now he just wants me to get there soon haha And the rest of decorating is up to me which is exciting!!! 

If we get busy with little things like these and distract ourselves while waiting for our k1 visa, I think it helps Keeping us temporarily distracted during this dreadful process. It has helped me. So I always keep myself busy with something. 

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :                      Sri Lanka

I-129F Sent :                     2017-02-07

I-129F NOA1 :                   2017-02-14

I-129F NOA2 :                   2017-06-02

NVC Received :                2017-06-16

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2017-06-20

NVC Left :                         2017-06-24

Consulate Received :      2017-07-07

Packet 4 Received :         2017-07-24

Interview Date :                2017-08-03  

Interview Result :

Marriage :                          2017-09-23
Estimates/Stats :Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date. 
Your interview took 170 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline
19 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hi there

Has anyone had to change their wedding date? We don't have a date per say yet. It was going to be around November time, but we are waiting on our RFE response and it's delayed us a bit. And I've heard you could wait up to 6 weeks for the nvc? Then it has to go to embassy (London for me) Then medical and interview so my fiance and I have said it could he January. We haven't set a date yet because I was scared of delays happening. And we got one. Rfe. As well as the backlogs at the uscis. Does anyone else not have a date atm? We have a venue we love and have visited it and spoken to the venue people as well. With wanting to get married on a weekday they said there would be lots of availability to pick once we got further ahead. I've also read that the ds160 form asks for an estimated date. Anyone else like us? :)

Hey Christa,

As soon as we applied for k1 in February, my fiancé and his parents looked at a couple of places and there was a venue we all really liked. It's absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to get a head start on things. So we picked September 23rd. The whole place is reserved for us from Friday morning to Sunday noon. We also have paid a deposit but since the owners of the place are aware of our situation, we will be able to move the date around if needed. We have picked ( but hasn't paid yet) a photographer, a wedding cake baker, a caterer and an officiant also. My fiancé's mom and I have been talking about the decorations every day since the engagement so she has done most of the decorations already according to my taste. :rolleyes: Once I'm there, we plan to get other stuff done which won't take a long time or need a lot of planning. 

I haven't got my interview date yet but if I can get the interview and everything finalized by the end of July or mid August and leave during August, then we'll be okay with our fixed  weeding date. If not, then we'll move the date around according to my travel plans. 

I think it's safe to wait and book the date once you have an interview date. In my case, my fiancé's parents were okay with putting a deposit forward even if the date might need to be changed. You can never really guess how long this process or each of the step would take! It is just ridiculous!!! The waiting never ends until you finally meet your SO in the airport! 

And on on a side note, they just ask for a date of intended travel. They never asked for a wedding date specifically. :) RFE's are responded to quicker from what I have heard. They only take a couple of weeks and London embassy doesn't take too long as far as I know. So depending on when you want to leave, I think it could be before January that you guys can get married. Let's hope it's even sooner than that so you can be with him together forever! :)

K1 Visa

Interview Result :

Timeline
2 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

Once we got the NOA2, we figured October is a reasonable estimated date. Even then, I haven't put any deposits for anything. I have estimates for most every service and have  list of vendors who fit our budget and are available in October, but I'll wait until he has his visa to put any money. We just can't risk loosing anything - our finances will be tight until he starts working and we are paying for everything ourselves.

That is actually a good decision to wait. We have put a deposit for the venue and I haven't still got my appointment letter which worries me day and night. I just hope I receive the letter soon so we can stick to the original date and we won't lose any money. Me and my wishful thinking! :unsure:

That's a smart move to have a list of vendors. We did the same. And, true, I think the majority of us who are in the k1 process can't afford to lose any money because this process itself costs a lot of money. From the application fee to the medical, the interview, the moving, adjusting to a new place and applying for AOS and the little things occurred along the way, all that requires a significant amount of money. And once we are together with our loved one, only one person gets to earn while the other one waits on their EAD which will definitely be financially challenging for the couples. I've been saving for the wedding, for the time that I'll be unemployed but one can only earn so much. :(:(:( I do think about it a lot and I know even though it's going to be a challenge, all of us will be able to overcome that obstacle as well. Everyone of us in this process have already proved that we are strong enough to overcome any obstacle by already going through the test of the distance and the waiting. 

Despite the the help from our parents, Justin and I are paying for a lot of the things and on top of that I'm helping my parents to apply for their visas so they can also attend the wedding. I have been cutting unnecessary expenses, made a couple of compromises so I can save more. Our budget is really tight too and I'm pretty sure we aren't the only couple in this situation. But, we all are going to be okay. :) In the end, it'll all be worth it.

K1 Visa

Interview Result :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, lpvg17 said:

Does he need to return to the original passport office that issued his passport to obtain the police clearance?

He got his passport when he was living in Chennai, but he moved to Pune 8 months ago. Do you know if you can go to a different city than the one which originally issued the passport? 

This is the link we found: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

Any in his city should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.