5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry about that.  I just typed in "glitch at embassies not allowing for printing of visas" in Google and that popped up.  I read the first lines and not the date figuring that was what was being said.  The article was printed in 2015.

Apologies! :(

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Missabc said:

Us neither, day 128 :( 

It just feels completely unfair.

It does and he and I are beginning to disconnect and I'm just losing touch with everything....I hope the ombudsman tells me something ....I hope you had a chance to right them as well....

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chris and Tin said:

noooo... :( don't allow all this waiting to ruin your relationship.  i know it's hard but it's harder to lose someone special.  stay positive.  will pray for your NOA2 to arrive very soon. 

Thank you...its just getting really hard...his depression has turned into a kinda pushing away...he says he feels stuck and stagnated...like he cant have a life or plan anything...oh and congrats

Edited by Lovemycroatianman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Thank you...its just getting really hard...his depression has turned into a kinda pushing away...he says he feels stuck and stagnated...like he cant have a life or plan anything...oh and congrats

i am so sorry to hear that.  i was in the same place.  i was driving my fiance crazy with my depression and impatience.  it is hard on the beneficiary's end because life has to stop, in a way.  i guess the best way for now is to find something to do, maybe a hobby or start on a new skill.  something to take his mind off all this waiting and so he can channel all those frustration.  something that would produce a result in a short time. small achievements can go a long way at this point in this journey. or maybe you can visit him or he can visit you, if that's possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

I can honestly say "I know how you feel". I am on day 147.....and I understand the stress and the questions and the uncertainty.....for the last two weeks I have been an emotional mess  (okay....maybe the last month or 6 months :blink:) and on occasion I let those emotions loose on my very optimistic and patient fiance......he's now looking for places to live in Algeria.....for me  (and my 2 big dogs....with air conditioning)...ummm....I'm starting to think it's a good idea....

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Chris and Tin said:

i am so sorry to hear that.  i was in the same place.  i was driving my fiance crazy with my depression and impatience.  it is hard on the beneficiary's end because life has to stop, in a way.  i guess the best way for now is to find something to do, maybe a hobby or start on a new skill.  something to take his mind off all this waiting and so he can channel all those frustration.  something that would produce a result in a short time. small achievements can go a long way at this point in this journey. or maybe you can visit him or he can visit you, if that's possible.

I wish I could ...i've paid for 3 visits in a year and im all tapped out...I cant anymore...he just opened a clothing store in baska for the summer season...his mom will run it if things happen but the way its looking he wont be here for summer at all😟😟😟😓😓😓

Timeline
16 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I can honestly say "I know how you feel". I am on day 147.....and I understand the stress and the questions and the uncertainty.....for the last two weeks I have been an emotional mess  (okay....maybe the last month or 6 months :blink:) and on occasion I let those emotions loose on my very optimistic and patient fiance......he's now looking for places to live in Algeria.....for me  (and my 2 big dogs....with air conditioning)...ummm....I'm starting to think it's a good idea....

Omg i cant imagine...write the ombudsman...they regulate uscis...its not fair they dont update processing dates for 2 months or more...cause,then we cant do an inquiry and i cant get an infopass date to save my life....i feel the ombudsman is the last hope and if others complain about the same itll be more valid...the ombudsman has already got on uscis for their processing times and failure to update...hopefully this torture ends soon ...cause i feelike the dream is fading

Edited by Lovemycroatianman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Omg i cant imagine...write the ombudsman...they regulate uscis...its not fair they dont update processing dates for 2 months or more...cause,then we cant do an inquiry and i cant get an info date to save my life....i feel the ombudsman is the last hope and if others complain about the same itll be more valid...the ombudsman has already got on uscis for their processing times and failure to update...hopefully this torture ends soon ...cause i feelike the dream is fading

You did read about the appointed    ombudsman director that was appointed on May 2nd? The director of an anti immigration organization...pretty sure that is like contacting my anti immigration congressman....

We may just have to wait until the 5 monthmark and make an official inquiry.....

Timeline
1 hour ago, janet3 said:

I like how you think of alternative solutions. :) i still hope you'd get your petition approval soon.  perhaps after the holidays, they're going to ramp up on their approvals.  sending you positive energy and praying for your NOA2 to arrive soon. :) 

2 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

i am so sorry to hear this. i cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must be. but i can say though that as a beneficiary myself, even before we started this k1 process and even now that we got our NOA2 already, that feeling of being stuck and stagnated...that feeling of not being able to plan anything...like you are in suspended limbo...you are neither here now there, it sucks! you cannot plan stuff where you are but since you do not know when you might eventually get to the US either, you also cannot plan for stuff there. i have been there and i am sure a lot of other beneficiaries here can relate to me. this caused some fights with my fiance, too. but we got through it, the thing that helped us was me finally accepting that nothing was in my control and that to feel unstuck, i have to accept that i was where i am and i should plan as if i am not leaving. the problem with feeling stuck is that in our mind, we have this timeline of moving hanging over our head (not that its not what we all want). but after taking that impending move out of the whole equation, it made a whole lot of difference for us. just hang in there.

Edited by iamdegie

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

i am so sorry to hear this. i cannot even begin to imagine how hard it must be. but i can say though that as a beneficiary myself, even before we started this k1 process and even now that we got our NOA2 already, that feeling of being stuck and stagnated...that feeling of not being able to plan anything...like you are in suspended limbo...you are neither here now there, it sucks! you cannot plan stuff where you are but since you do not know when you might eventually get to the US either, you also cannot plan for stuff there. i have been there and i am sure a lot of other beneficiaries here can relate to me. this caused some fights with my fiance, too. but we got through it, the thing that helped us was me finally accepting that nothing was in my control and that to feel unstuck, i have to accept that i was where i am and i should plan as if i am not leaving. the problem with feeling stuck is that in our mind, we have this timeline of moving hanging over our head (not that its not what we all want). but after taking that impending move out of the whole equation, it made a whole lot of difference for us. just hang in there.

i so agree with what you said @iamdegie.  the NOA2 is just a temporary "win".  there are still a lot of waiting right after.  the uncertainty is still there.  the only way to get past the frustration is to let go of any expectations as to when things will come out, for we all know we will be there with our honey... eventually. :)   

48 minutes ago, Chris and Tin said:

i so agree with what you said @iamdegie.  the NOA2 is just a temporary "win".  there are still a lot of waiting right after.  the uncertainty is still there.  the only way to get past the frustration is to let go of any expectations as to when things will come out, for we all know we will be there with our honey... eventually. :)   

yes, temporary win indeed! i thought that upon receiving the NOA2 i would get this overwhelming feeling of relief but it didn't really happen. instead, you are right there's more waiting after.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there

Has anyone had to change their wedding date? We don't have a date per say yet. It was going to be around November time, but we are waiting on our RFE response and it's delayed us a bit. And I've heard you could wait up to 6 weeks for the nvc? Then it has to go to embassy (London for me) Then medical and interview so my fiance and I have said it could he January. We haven't set a date yet because I was scared of delays happening. And we got one. Rfe. As well as the backlogs at the uscis. Does anyone else not have a date atm? We have a venue we love and have visited it and spoken to the venue people as well. With wanting to get married on a weekday they said there would be lots of availability to pick once we got further ahead. I've also read that the ds160 form asks for an estimated date. Anyone else like us? :)

Edited by ChristaandJosh

1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hi there

Has anyone had to change their wedding date? We don't have a date per say yet. It was going to be around November time, but we are waiting on our RFE response and it's delayed us a bit. And I've heard you could wait up to 6 weeks for the nvc? Then it has to go to embassy (London for me) Then medical and interview so my fiance and I have said it could he January. We haven't set a date yet because I was scared of delays happening. And we got one. Rfe. As well as the backlogs at the uscis. Does anyone else not have a date atm? We have a venue we love and have visited it and spoken to the venue people as well. With wanting to get married on a weekday they said there would be lots of availability to pick once we got further ahead. I've also read that the ds160 form asks for an estimated date. Anyone else like us? :)

we don't have a date, just a rough estimate (ideally, end of sep) but packet 3 is taking forever in the UAE at the moment, so yeah, not sure how that can work out now.

your 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

we don't have a date, just a rough estimate (ideally, end of sep) but packet 3 is taking forever in the UAE at the moment, so yeah, not sure how that can work out now.

Yeah i was concerned for delays and stuff. And I was worried about booking something and then having the added stress on of trying to reschedule as well as the stress from this process. I'm expecting something soon for us in the mail for our rfe. They recieved it 22nd June. I was originally hoping to have everything sorted by August/September to get married November. But we are still at this stage right now. I hope things speed up for you. 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.