5,920 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Chaud18 said:

Hello another question, it says my case is in transit. And that my interview date was provided by NVC . Where do I see that ?

I think that's just a generic message. I believe people have said to ignore that.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just an update of my case! We finally got our case number yesterday and received snail mail from nvc yesterday! It was really fast once received by nvc, I checked our case status, I'm not sure when nvc received our case,but I remember a post ever mentioned your case number has the date of their received date,so I guess it might be June 7th and my NOA2 notice date is June 5. 

Case received at the embassy on 23rd June and we checked our case status yesterday,it's AP already!

I hope everyone here who is still waiting for your noa2 or case number, yours will come soon!

15 minutes ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Well ....no good news for me...day 129 ....this is starting to really take its toll on our relationship

Us neither, day 128 :( 

It just feels completely unfair.

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Everything seems to be happening so quickly now! 

Our NOA2 approval was June 13 (NOA1-Feb 14). We got the NVC # June 29. Today I checked the tracker and it says “Your case is in transit to the Consular Section”.

It’s so exciting, yet so stressful. I have yet to send him the affidavit of support. He hasn’t gotten really anything he needs like police clearance report or his birth certificate yet. I guess we both figured it would take much longer than it did at the NVC.

Can someone please tell me what happens next? Does the NVC or Consulate send him an email/mail? I've read a few post where some of you are mentioning a packet 3? We have been so prepared and researched pretty much every step up until this part. So feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

2 hours ago, Missabc said:

Us neither, day 128 :( 

It just feels completely unfair.

Because it is unfair. I really hope you get approved soon. I know how it feels.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, lpvg17 said:

Everything seems to be happening so quickly now! 

Our NOA2 approval was June 13 (NOA1-Feb 14). We got the NVC # June 29. Today I checked the tracker and it says “Your case is in transit to the Consular Section”.

It’s so exciting, yet so stressful. I have yet to send him the affidavit of support. He hasn’t gotten really anything he needs like police clearance report or his birth certificate yet. I guess we both figured it would take much longer than it did at the NVC.

Can someone please tell me what happens next? Does the NVC or Consulate send him an email/mail? I've read a few post where some of you are mentioning a packet 3? We have been so prepared and researched pretty much every step up until this part. So feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

I completely understand because I feel like at this point, there is a lot of variants... which embassy does what, etc. Here is a link for the Delhi embassy's K1 visa petition sample letter, which gives more details: https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/ND-K1-Packet-4.pdf

My fiance is waiting for his birth certificate. He had to apply for one to be created in Kerala because his birth was never registered (he was born at home before births were required to be registered). That has been a HUGE pain for us and is taking almost as long as the visa petition. He also doesn't have his police clearance. Don't worry - you're in good company. We are still waiting for the NVC to receive the petition, but I have a feeling they already received it as our NOA2 was June 10th.

So from here, the embassy will contact him. I haven't quite figured out if they send an email or snail-mail but I am hoping email, considering how unreliable the Indian post offices are. Once that happens, he can submit the DS 160, complete his medical exam, pay the visa fee then schedule an appointment for his biometrics and interview. For Delhi, the medical exam has to be completed prior to the interview. The visa fee has to be paid before the interview - he will be given a receipt number, which will be required when he actually schedules the interviews.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed too... But I just keep taking it one step at a time. Oh, and I believe the affidavit of support form must have a wet signature, so I sent mine to him through a friend-of-a-friend who lives in the US and went to Kerala this summer. Otherwise, I understand that the best way to send papers to India is through DHL.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I completely understand because I feel like at this point, there is a lot of variants... which embassy does what, etc. Here is a link for the Delhi embassy's K1 visa petition sample letter, which gives more details: https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/ND-K1-Packet-4.pdf

My fiance is waiting for his birth certificate. He had to apply for one to be created in Kerala because his birth was never registered (he was born at home before births were required to be registered). That has been a HUGE pain for us and is taking almost as long as the visa petition. He also doesn't have his police clearance. Don't worry - you're in good company. We are still waiting for the NVC to receive the petition, but I have a feeling they already received it as our NOA2 was June 10th.

So from here, the embassy will contact him. I haven't quite figured out if they send an email or snail-mail but I am hoping email, considering how unreliable the Indian post offices are. Once that happens, he can submit the DS 160, complete his medical exam, pay the visa fee then schedule an appointment for his biometrics and interview. For Delhi, the medical exam has to be completed prior to the interview. The visa fee has to be paid before the interview - he will be given a receipt number, which will be required when he actually schedules the interviews.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed too... But I just keep taking it one step at a time. Oh, and I believe the affidavit of support form must have a wet signature, so I sent mine to him through a friend-of-a-friend who lives in the US and went to Kerala this summer. Otherwise, I understand that the best way to send papers to India is through DHL.

If you need to know how to get a PCC for India, ask your fiancé to visit the passport India website. There are very clear step-by-step instructions on how to apply for one and once he is done w that step, he will need to take his confirmation pg along w his passport to the passport office he applied at online. In case police clearance has not been done for his residential addresss,this step will be completed by a police officer after his 1st visit to the passport office. Final step is once the clearance is done, he will go back to the registered passport office and get the PCC along w 3 stamps in his passport. 

I personally completed this exact process while waiting for our NOA2, and as your fiancé is in Delhi also, it should be the same.

To give you an estimated timeline, it took me about 3 weeks to get this all done. 

Also, if he has lived anywhere else for more than 6 months I believe, ages 16 and up, he will need to get PCC from that country too. This was the case for me, so I got both my PCCs a couple of months back.

Hope this helps you guys :-) All the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Anyone else being told the system in d.c. is down and embassies are not able to print visas now? This is what we were told at the interview. We were approved. But the system glitch disallowed them to print any visas. Do ask so you can arrange travel accordingly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 7/1/2017 at 3:42 AM, mighty836 said:

Ok well after 128 days and a RFE  i received  my NOA2 approval today. Happy 4th of July to everyone  and hope  that the rest of Febs get there approvals soon. 

congratulations! :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, greenpineapple said:

Anyone else being told the system in d.c. is down and embassies are not able to print visas now? This is what we were told at the interview. We were approved. But the system glitch disallowed them to print any visas. Do ask so you can arrange travel accordingly. 

Edited by Willy Wilcox
Wrong information.

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lovemycroatianman said:

Well ....no good news for me...day 129 ....this is starting to really take its toll on our relationship

noooo... :( don't allow all this waiting to ruin your relationship.  i know it's hard but it's harder to lose someone special.  stay positive.  will pray for your NOA2 to arrive very soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.