5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmGosh said:

Yayyyyyy just got our NVC number!!!!!! (Noa2 8th June) 

Now to schedule my medical exam and fill out ds-160, and wait for packet 3!!!!! How do I pay the next fee?

Also anyone got the CEAC tracker link?

Thanks everyone!

:) congratulation 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have a question for anyone who has a co-sponsor.  I know that the sponsor and co-sponsor each have to fill out the I-134 and each have to provide supporting documentation, but is there anything else that needs to be done?  Is there something else that officially needs to be done for having a co-sponsor? Thanks!

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

4 hours ago, WayneAdoresWendy said:

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY SO MAYBE YOU DO NOT FOLLOW MY ERROR!

As soon as I saw "Ready" on CEAC, I completed my Fiance's DS-160 and then scheduled her interview. I had not received the Packet 3 from Ecuador yet.  In the beginning of the DS-160, you are given several options to choose from once you create the account. Such as, "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for NON-Immigrant Visa", "I have received packet from Embassy and need to apply for Immigrant Visa" or "Other". I chose "Other" since at that moment, I had not received the Packet yet. I had do my research ahead of time on the Packet 3. The Packet 3 on their website is not the same packet 3 they sent us. Imagine that. 

I completed the DS-160 ok and even scheduled the interview. But I was never prompted to pay. Once I received Packet 3, I learned there are 3 ways to pay. I could not figure out the first 2, because of my mistake they were no longer available to me. So I called the Customer Service number 3 times. The 3rd call I had someone to help me. By default, I completed her information through the NON-Immigrant process. For this portion of the process, DS-160 refers to K1 as Immigrant. They had to cancel the interview, let me correct my mistake online and then redo the interview. The interview date was no longer available. I have already purchased a planed ticket and we have scheduled activities based on the first interview date. 

I am suppose to call the Embassy back today after 2:00. I am hoping they can give me back the original interview date since it must still be available. I think maybe the system resets at sometime. 

As I write this, my Fiance is getting her Medical Exam completed and I haven't told her yet. I am hoping she doesn't get home until after I have an answer about rescheduling the interview. My mistake may cost us 5 days longer to be together and the money to correct my plane ticket. I know is not that huge. But she is counting on me to bring her home and I SCREWED this up!

And this is where this part of the process is so confusing to me.  Even if you look on the NVC website it says that the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and that you should complete the "DS-160 non-immigrant visa application".  So, when I go to fill out our DS-160 I need to choose Immigrant even though their own directions say non-immigrant?  Wow...

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

I just called the NVC for the first time and spoke to a very pleasant agent.  My approval notice date was 06/09 and she told me that they have not received my case yet.  I know there are a few of us in this topic with the same approval date so I wanted to let those of you know that it's likely they haven't received our cases yet.  I think I've read in a few places that they tend to get shipped in batches so I thought I'd post an update here.  I might try to call again on Thursday of this week but, as I'll be on a road trip helping a friend move from IL to CA, I'll have to see if I can.  It's also a little tempting to swing by the USCIS "pyramid" once I get to CA and yell from the road for those who still haven't been approved here.  :D

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

And this is where this part of the process is so confusing to me.  Even if you look on the NVC website it says that the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and that you should complete the "DS-160 non-immigrant visa application".  So, when I go to fill out our DS-160 I need to choose Immigrant even though their own directions say non-immigrant?  Wow...

Is part of my mistake. Read the options carefully. One of them says K Visa. 

At our Embassy, Immigrant Visas can pay at appointments. Not K1 Immigrant Visas.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, JulzGhen said:

I don't see yours, that's cool if your close.  We should all get together when this is done and talk about this ordeal.  

Agreed! We are going to Texas to see my grandparents during Thanksgiving week. They live in southeast Texas (Beaumont area). Maybe we can stop by the hill country ;)

Timeline
1 minute ago, pattyandvern said:

Guys I can officially say that I crossed us border today and I am officially here on K1 visa! My POE was in Boston and everything went super hiper fast, like 5min, I was first person in the line, didnt have secondary or didnt move to any another room, everything went smooth :) now I am in bus on a way to see my Baby!!! :) so excited!

:jest: Welcome to America!! :D I am so excited for you! :jest:

Timeline
33 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

I just called the NVC for the first time and spoke to a very pleasant agent.  My approval notice date was 06/09 and she told me that they have not received my case yet.  I know there are a few of us in this topic with the same approval date so I wanted to let those of you know that it's likely they haven't received our cases yet.  I think I've read in a few places that they tend to get shipped in batches so I thought I'd post an update here.  I might try to call again on Thursday of this week but, as I'll be on a road trip helping a friend move from IL to CA, I'll have to see if I can.  It's also a little tempting to swing by the USCIS "pyramid" once I get to CA and yell from the road for those who still haven't been approved here.  :D

I called today, too (NOA2 6/10) and same thing... not received. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, EmGosh said:

Yayyyyyy just got our NVC number!!!!!! (Noa2 8th June) 

Now to schedule my medical exam and fill out ds-160, and wait for packet 3!!!!! How do I pay the next fee?

Also anyone got the CEAC tracker link?

Thanks everyone!

May I ask u. Is it NOA2 June of 8th day when you received a letter or this is a day of approval.? I am just start counting days for NVC to received our case))). NOA2 was approved on June 12, but received by mail on June 16. I know that is still early to call NVC to have a #, but.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, pattyandvern said:

Guys I can officially say that I crossed us border today and I am officially here on K1 visa! My POE was in Boston and everything went super hiper fast, like 5min, I was first person in the line, didnt have secondary or didnt move to any another room, everything went smooth :) now I am in bus on a way to see my Baby!!! :) so excited!

19 minutes ago, pattyandvern said:

Very happy for you!!!!! have a good rest after so long trip, and have fun! Boston is beautiful city.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys,

i have a question. We received our nvc number via email and they said we can complete DS 160, which I did. 

But we didn't receive packet 3 yet via snail mail.

can I already pay for the visa?

And another question. After I completed DS 160 and submit it the ceac tracker says now 'No status'...

Isn't  that weird? Have I filled all in to early?

I'm confused 🙄

I cross fingers for all those who still wait for NOA 2. It must be frustrating to see the progress of many of us. But your day is close!!! Hang in there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, pattyandvern said:

Welcome home 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.